Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PNG - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Simple question really, regarding PNG uploads. I remember on the old minitokyo, uploading PNG files would result in having a black thumbnail. And I was just wondering if the same thing still happens today? Because I'm sure some people would rather use that format for certain files.

Signature

I don't know about that so much, but I strongly believe that PNG should be an allowed format for uploads. Vectors in partictulat look a lot better and compress much better as PNG. Also PNG and JPEG are smaller than gif for 50x50 avatars in most cases (yes, I've tested it).

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

vectors i agree for PNG, for the better, otherwise, it is the same as uploading a Jpeg altogether, and generally, you have to extract it all over again, which makes a vector quite useless. It would be nice if a vectored wall, (with an empty background) be submitted as an PNG file, better quality, and fuss free.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

^^^
I don't see why you'd need to re-extract it as PNG is a lossless format (well PNG-24 anyway). I know it can result in slightly higher file sizes at times but it is definately lower fore vectors and other similar art. Plus quality is more important than anything else when dealing with art anyway.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

No the thing is that when u save a vector with no background layer or a render, it is there for a reason of easy usage, if your render is still stuck to a background of course you would use a Jpg saving format.
PNG's offer not only lossless saving, it also allows for vectors and renders to have a transparent background for example: this one:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/525/6thdiv7uy.png

You will see a blue background if it is in Internet Explorer but if you use Firefox, it is transparent, what I am talking about is that vectors can have a transparent background like this one.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Yes, I agree PNG format for vectors would be much better. They are bigger in filesize but like DD said you can save them with transparent backgrounds.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

I think thats a pretty good example to show the moderators why PNG would be an ideal format to allow for uploads on MT, less extraction time means more time to spend making a quality wall.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.