Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question about the taskbar icons - Minitokyo

Question about the taskbar icons

page 1 of 1 5 total items

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. If I right click on my Taskbar, go to Properties, check Hide Inactive Icons, then hit Customize I get a huge list of Hide/Show items. Some of these programs aren't even on my computer anymore :P Can anyone tell me how I can delete some of this junk off of my icons list?

Signature

Well I'm not quiet sure how you can remove it, but
it seems to me that it's better to just leave it alone.

These icons are statup programs, and one possible way of deleting it is
through the registry, but if you do, then your programs will stop working.

Signature

KurriKlown

KurriKlown

-wants Mr. Tadakichi-

Quote by tiki223These icons are statup programs, and one possible way of deleting it is through the registry, but if you do, then your programs will stop working.

No they're not neccesarily startup programs and deleting them won't stop your programs from working. I think you're misunderstanding jtchen85.
He's talking about the list which states the behaviour of the taskbar icons; Always shown, Always hidden, Hide when inactive. I also had a bunch of unused icons in that list but cleaned it a short while ago, I completely forgot how though. ^_^' Probably through the registry.

Signature

After asking at this other forum here is your answer...

Quote by tuathalIt is only possible to clear out the "Past Items" list of Icons in the Hide Icons area, and you cannot delete individual items from the list. You can either clear the entire list, or none of it at all.

If you decide you'd like to go ahead and clear out the entire "Past Items" list, then what you'd need to do is to:

1) Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values from the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Explorer
\TrayNotify

2. Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process.

3. In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type explorer, and then click OK.

Once again - Removing these keys clears out your entire list... It does NOT clear out individual icons from the list.

From everything I've found, there is NO way to clean out individual items from this list. You either dump the entire list, or none of it...

Now, if you don't know the registry very well, or don't have any desire to mess with all of that...

Signature

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

Thanks a lot! :D

Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.