Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 akira. one of the best anime movies - Minitokyo

akira. one of the best anime movies

Tagged under Akira

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Darowin

Darowin

Oogly Boogly

akria is one the best anime movies out there. it offers a solid story line, sum of the worlds best cell art( for those who dont know thats hand drawn art) and purposes questions on the workings of the human mind.

this thread is for people who have seen and want to dicuss it.
people can also ask what its abount

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I actually found myself rather dissapointed with Akira overall. I will give credit where credit is due as it is one of the original cult classics with America that can be acredited with sparking anime in our society. It had great action and a fairly solid plot, but I just didn't enjoy it all that much. I always hear the mangas are far superior to the anime and expound a lot more on the anime, but I'm just not inclined to read them.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Yes, the Akira manga is a lot better than the movie. It was also published in LARGE manga books (A4 size i think) and the drawings are awesome.
The movie was kinda OK, after all it is a bit old. If they made a newer version maybe it would be a lot better.
Also check out "Steam Boy" which is a great anime movie by the same author.

Signature
"People who still use 800*600 should be shot"

Ah no doubt there love. Any Otaku who is even a little into Anime has at least Akira. It is sweeter than blood and I would watch it a million times a day if my family wasn't all fit to be tied about how violent it is and tight assed about me watching it -_- XO . PFT!

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

well to me Akria is overrated sure yeah its cool to watch but really only once. it's just like Ghost in the Shell to me i can only watch it once then after that if i try to watch it again i just get bored and can't sit through it. I would not call it the best but it is ok. I would pick other movies over it in a heartbeat.

Signature Image

Quote by angelicdemonIIIwell to me Akria is overrated sure yeah its cool to watch but really only once. it's just like Ghost in the Shell to me i can only watch it once then after that if i try to watch it again i just get bored and can't sit through it. I would not call it the best but it is ok. I would pick other movies over it in a heartbeat.

But you do have it right...in your collection?

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

no I don't have it I saw it at friends house

Signature Image

DarkKelta

The Fallen

Akira is one of the best. It was the second anime movie I ever saw, after Endless Waltz, and the first anime movie in my collection. The graphics and animation are very good for the late 80's and the storyline was really well thought out. Admittedly, it did get a bit creepy at the end XP, but that's what you'd expect from an appocalypse interference plot in an anime movie. All in all I rate it a 9.3 with a definite own and rewatch :nerd:.

Everyone can dream...can't they

Akira was one of the first anime movies I saw as a little girl, and I think it's really cool. It makes you think, but it isn't overly complex. I think I liked the manga a bit more, but both were very detailed and awesome.

Darowin

Darowin

Oogly Boogly

but its a good movie. might not be the best anime in the wolrd but stilll has some great points to it. characters are well writen, drawings are good, the best when considering the time it was created

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.