Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 You're the only one *cries* - Minitokyo

You're the only one *cries*

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Did you ever read this really great book and it was sooo good that you just wanted to run outside and tell all of your friends, family, and complete strangers about it but then on your way out while still in your pajamas and socks you realize that gee I'm the only one in the ten mile radius that even likes books...no one's going to give a crap. Then you go back in on the brink of tears because you're such a nerd on top of being an Anime Otaku, game Otaku, and a Freak to boot? Well that happened to me very recently. I just finished this GREAT book "Unleash the Night" by Sherrilyn Kenyon and started to fly from my room to tell anyone with ears about it but then I had to stop myself remembering that, no one in my family gives a crap about books they hate to read as do my friends and as for the complete strangers all of them are too stupid and ugly to care at all. So I had to just tell myself about the book I just read instead of boring the crap out of people. Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only one?

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Huh? Well, not to me. I'd rather be watching t.v. and starting arguments with my siblings instead of telling people whats cool. No one that know of reads a book and cares about it. I know guys that would rather play sports and girls that would rather shop for the newest trends and styles. I doubt your the only one, cuz there are lots of dedicated readers.

"I'm not lonely. Cuz I'm always alone".

Chibi-Guilala-of-DOOM

Chibi-Guilala-of-DOOM

Robot Chicken's rubbery cousin.

Story of my life. Whereas I know plenty of readers, most don't read the same fiction that I do.

Signature Image

It's actually happened to me more than once. When I did have my eldest sister there and I was telling her about the book I was right in the middle of reading the just kept nodding and saying "ah-huh" course I was also going on the misconception that she knew all about the characters and knew who I was talking about...and she didn't. *CRIES*

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Yes this happens sometimes. In example when it comes to anime, I live in a small town and I don't know anybody that watches it, so when I finish watching a really great serie and want to talk about it I realise I don't have anyone to discuss it with. I can do that on inet but that's really not the same...

up up and away

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

No, you're not the only one. That's happened to me before. It does frustrate me sometimes that some people will never know how amazing some books are.
Unleash the Night, eh? I'll pick it up next time I'm in town.

Seems like that happens to me a lot. My best friend is a proud illiterate claiming he only reads comics and the internet. The last time it was Battle Royale - Kushun Takami , or it might have been one door from heaven - Dean Koontz either way i never have anyone to tell.

Kelena

Kelena

Pulchritudinous Solitudinarian

No, you're definitely not the only one. There is only one other person I know who likes to read, and I only talk to him once in a great while. Besides, we don't even like the same books... So I guess it doesn't even count. It's the same with anime.

KingTobo

Scribbleh

My sister reads a lot, but she's not interested in any of the same things I read about, so I can't talk to her about my books still. Now and then I can get my dad interested, but most of the time I'm in the same boat as you.

AHHHH *CRIES* So I am not alone! AHHH I truly love you all!
Once I did get someone into the same books I am into but then that just opened a strange door where they thought I owed them BIG TIME and always had me come over to groom their dogs and clean their house...that wasn't exactly what I was going for and on top of that when I would read a book she lent me and I lent her one in return when I wanted to talk about it she didn't remember what she had read...so I was just back to square one and that made me pissed!

Signature Image

Traize

Traize

Design Student

Well, if you have no one to talk to about it, you have everyone here ;)

Signature
Dick Van Dyke is my Chuck Norris

Quote by TraizeWell, if you have no one to talk to about it, you have everyone here ;)

AHHHHHH *Cries and falls to knees crying* You're right! How could I not see that...how could I not see the kindred spirit that exists in the hearts of all of you my Mini Tokyo loves.

Signature Image

yes...it happened to me just yesterday and I couldn't care less if they were listening or not, I just kept on going on how wonderful the book and characters are. I just needed to release some of the excitement of reading an awesome book, sadly all I got was heads shaking and eyes rolling.

I am nothing but trouble...
Signature

Okay then it is settled then. For all of you that are able and willing go out and buy if you want to Unleash the Night by: Sherrilyn Kenyon and them PM me after you do. Now I'm not going to give you any kind of time limit since I am a fast reader myself just tell me when you are finished in a PM and tell me also what you thought of it then give me a book suggestions and that can be our next book selection...you know you're choice completely NOT mandatory...remember we love to read so this is for pleasure not an assignment. ;)

Signature Image

Izaak

Izaak

Lotus Clan

Why would the world care? Why should it care?

-Izaak, Lord of the Lotus Clan.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.