Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 DQ and Credits "showing when low" ... Thoughts? - Minitokyo

DQ and Credits "showing when low" ... Thoughts?

page 2 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 146 total items

darknesslight

darknesslight

Nightmare-fairy

I don't see much of a problem with it. I think is is kind of ugly though. It was the first thing I noticed when I got on.

Having money here is just like having money elsewhere. It's true that we like occasional shopping sprees but you still need to be careful of your budget. I also watch my credits(sometimes). If you need credits just contribute more but I don't think MT was here just to get credits. I think MT was here for sharing your "thoughts" and "imagination". Contributing keeps MT livelier and awards credits.

The Mods are probably testing it out. I mean, this is MT version 3 or 4 right? There are problems and they try to fix it. So if there is a problem with this they would eventually take care of it just like putting in the "Free Download Quota" in the first place. Just that they need your response to find the problems. Oh! yeah, I kind of like the preview thing from Animepaper.

People are like stain glass windows, in the sun they shine and sparkle.
Signature Image
However, in the dark of the night, only the light inside can show you true radiance and beauty.
[F-R], [SSL], [Bl], [H-F], [U-F],[SOS]

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

i don't like it. not knowing my credits is like not knowing how much money i have in my wallet, then i tend to overspend.

Signature

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

yea i got one too...i jus noticed...so it jus a reminder check thing?

What is it?

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i suppose it was to prevent people from overusing their privileges? Like, hey, look now I got 30 so i leech leech leech, and with that not shown, they will be discouraged, now...how do I get by this, do I still have enough?
Typically, I have no qualms over it, it is not entirely agreeable since this insecurity is not really a brilliant idea (heck some people tend to go paranoid) but if there is anything, I think eventually, people will start making useless dupe threads asking why is this implemented and what is it, that is a natural process.
As for the rest, I think it will be fine, not that it is anything wrong, cannot see it is one thing, hopefully, I never ran out...(is that possible?!) Overspending is not really an issue here, that is called controlled spending, and it says it will show when low, so by the end of the day, you still know it.
As for what spystreak said, yes, very soon, ugly little complaints will rise and many new threads will be created, time to go to work, Spystreak-san. XP

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

I just got used to credits and now I can't see them XD
I want to see them. I doesn't really bother but it feels weird. I want to know :3 at least the free download quota.

The analogy of credits and download quota to money is very accurate. Its hard to ration if I don't know how much I got.

Also, it gives me personal satisfaction to see my credits increase after I have posted something. Somehow I don't feel the added motivation if the I can't see the credits.

Another thing is that I use the speed at which my credits are increasing, in addition to the number of views, to judge how popular the series is so that I can post popular stuff... (It works both ways: I am happy and other users are also happy.)

Xerdo

Xerdo

Bakuretsu Muteki XerdoPwerko

I was happy knowing, high or low. I don't really like this idea.

Plus, it really doesn't let me see how I'm doing with my uploads, which work, which don't, and how many images I can get right now.

Please bring the previous form back, at least optionally.

* Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof, where nobody can retrieve it.*

Bluearth

Bluearth

A Panda lover??

Not much to say.... I don't really mind but some questions x.x I can totally understand if they hid the dq to prevent members from leeching but the credits? I don't really understand, members might get a little paranoid (like me >o<) and start to wonder whether if you're actually getting credits for the stuff that you post. And as many has asked: how low will the credits or dq be show? Members might also start more game threads just to make their credits higher so that it'll not be low. And we can just expect more new complaints soon XD

Join the Panda Lublub today! Check the following links for more info on mt!!
Upcoming news on credits system!! Guide to Mt3:Credits,browsing and moreGuide on making gallery commentsSignature Image

I don't spend much of my time in the forums, so I wouldn't know if this is a widespread problem, but has there been many people revealing their credit amount? With those having a large sum developing an elitist attitude, much like that of the high levels of MT2? I have not seen it myself, and I have heard no complaints of it, but it is the only rational reason the moderators would hide your own credits from view. I suppose it doesn't matter either way, but if I had a choice I would prefer to have these values be visible.

What I don't understand is why they hid the credit amount, yet the artistic and participation levels are still visible, because really, credits are nothing. You could have three thousand credits one day, and very easily have only ten the next. In my mind, those levels would be much more likely to cause a problem, because they are viewable by everyone.

I highly doubt leeching is even a factor in this decision because EternalParadox has already confirmed that MT is having absolutely no bandwidth issues.

Quote by EternalParadoxTo help guide the discussion regarding the download quota and bandwidth consumption, please know that we are not experiencing any bandwidth issues. The last word from sheqel is that we are actually way underusing our available bandwidth. So that should not be a concern.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

as a side not to my suggestion, when they said something about implementing a new system, the levels should be taken away already...(frankly speaking, that is what causing the elitist boasting, not credits since it is not common for people to tell you how much money they have)

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by LordWeI don't spend much of my time in the forums, so I wouldn't know if this is a widespread problem, but has there been many people revealing their credit amount? With those having a large sum developing an elitist attitude, much like that of the high levels of MT2? I have not seen it myself, and I have heard no complaints of it, but it is the only rational reason the moderators would hide your own credits from view. I suppose it doesn't matter either way, but if I had a choice I would prefer to have these values be visible.

That's the first thing I thought of too. I'm rarely in the forums anymore either so I don't know if this is the case but I guess it is a possibility. I still don't like the idea of not seeing them. I never had to use my credits but it was still nice to be able to see a number listed.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Well i think it's a pretty good idea, or at least not bad.... it just stick to the "carpe diem" principle, you have to enjoy things while they're here.... the problem is that it can stress ppl out, because they like to be in control even if it's only an illusion ^_^'

Anyway, as long as you do some posting, have some group activities, comment on walls and such, there's no problem at all i guess, so it's not much of a change :)

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

I'm likewise with you, AngelKate, though I can really live without seeing them.. just, what they put in their place that bugs me.. From my point of view, it makes me think they don't trust us to know how many credits/free downloads we have/are allowed to make.. not only that, the text that replaces them is ugly, and out of place.. the least you could do, if you have to hide them, is actually make the text something other than a sentence..

I suggest, if you absolutely have to have this feature on, that you use something less of a mess, that still gets the point across, such as, 'Credits: Hidden' or something, because as it is, now, its just a mess..

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

RW

RW

Guardian of MT Laws

Quote by Narutoro when i was try to see when it would show up, it never did till i ran out. maybe i cused em too fast...damn firefox tabs

Some friends of mine tried Netscape , IE , Yahoo .They had the same thing happen to them .

Quote by Ky Why does MT always change the moment members get used to what's there already? No offense to the adminm as they're doing a great job on maintaining such a large site, but if it isn't broken, why fix it?

That is the way of the world If it isn't broken or has bugs change it an you're sure to get a surpirse . It may not be the way it was in one's mind .

Quote by Elves you hesitate due to lack of knowledge of funds then kick yourself when you later find out you could have afforded it, but it's gone.

That is sure to stop members from downloading an uploading a-lot more . That is going to stop me from putting up my scans an those W/P I was going to put up no . Shame to , they are great . Guess what MT doesn't have MT won't miss .

Quote by AngelKate creds i mean how will you know when it's time to splurge when you can't open your walet

Darn , I am glad our IRL banks doesn't work that way . We can still see how much some thing costs , so what is the point in having credits ? o_0

Quote by AlfonseI'm lost with this whole dilemma too.
I think the Mods decided to do so...cause I remember Shinsengumi posting a thread earlier about what you like about MT and what changes do you think should be made and etc.
And someone said something about the Download quota and how they don't like it cause your credits'll never go away if you wait for 'em to replenish. The member said something about how leechers'll just have to wait and download like crazy again. And the quota is too high.
I guess the Mods took this into consideration and did somethin' about it. .::shrugs::. But I could still be wrong, we'll just have to wait and see.

If that is the case it should have only effected *Download Quota* , but our personal credits , too . If they do put our Credit amount back up those of us that haven't tried to get or put up anything , may find we have lost what we had before that change .

Why didn't anyone warn use of this , there is nothing I could find on the topic . If shock is what was to happen cause of this , all I can say ~ it worked ..

We're only members of the MT family an as a family shouldn't we a notice on the topic . We'll just have to wait an see what happens now . Some one on the staff need to let us know about this ...

Signature Image
FACTS Do Not Cease To Exist Just Because They Are IGNORED !!

Nishiki1

Nishiki1

Just smile

I do not like it.
Now I do not see if I have Download quota or not..., it is not a good idea.

Please change it back.

But why is it showing"Download Quota will only show when low", although I have NO Download Quota anymore....?

This new system was a real bad idea.

Nishiki1, are you saying you are certain you have exhausted your quota, and yet that message is still displayed?

I have 5 quota left and still the massage remains the same.. So, How low is too low?

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

They must have their reasons... dunno, but i don't like it, i don't know how many credits i have earned in a day.

For me this is an useless feature.

aaron1

aaron1

air_in_1

For the credit count, it makes me feel avoiding to participate in this site. I feel a lot more restricted.

For download quota, I don't really care, b/c i never looked at that quota when I am downloading scans.

I still prefer the older method with levels.

Signature
How many black dots can you see?

So if you don't get any credits due to possible bugs, you won't know either?

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

so wats the reason for the dl quota shown when low stuff?

hkk

aka Hai

i dislike it, too. it makes you more insecure and always wondering...
and also, tere is not really an obvious reason for it.

Is there any statement thread of the admin team? i mean i know they dont have to make one, but if there is, please tell us

~HKK

Nishiki1

Nishiki1

Just smile

Quote by LordWeNishiki1, are you saying you are certain you have exhausted your quota, and yet that message is still displayed?

Yes, this is the case. I have O quota, but it is still showin "Download Quota will only show when low"

I really do not understand this system.... o_0

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

I guess it should be better with an option like "always see your credits" or "hide credits"...

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

page 2 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 146 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.