Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 DQ and Credits "showing when low" ... Thoughts? - Minitokyo

DQ and Credits "showing when low" ... Thoughts?

page 4 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 146 total items

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well firstly, my initial reaction was "...and the point is...?"

After thinking about it though, there were some advantages to them:

1. Prevents abuse of the system.
You can't tell how much you earn from every action you do [eg how much you can earn in say about a day]

2. Stops people from leeching like crazy
[Some people do download 30 a day and their credit balance doesn't even change]

3. Stops "greed"
[You look at your balance and you want more so you do things like spamming].

There are some other ways of fixing these problems, and I think the admin have just decided that hiding the quota is a good idea overall.

I don't think I have too much of a major problem with it, but I just I'm living in anxiety knowing that my credit balance or quota will *never* hit low, so I'll never see a number in my menu bar- and that's kinda freaky.

*on the other hand aside from hiding stuff*

Another solution I can think of is showing the credits and having a "pay day" like every Sunday or something, when all the credits you accumulated during the week will show up. Or even a randomised date so nobody knows when the credits will show. I'm sure this is a little more encouraging than not knowing at all what you have. This decreases the greed, somewhat too. Yet it also sustains the greedy to keep on contributing knowing that the credits will come some day. With the hidden quota, it's like never. This also stops you from abusing the system, somewhat.

As for the leeching and download quota stuff- I really think that the download quota should just be eliminated- dude, I can really pay to download. Really. I would be willing to guess there are new accounts [not a single post or contribution] and downloading 30 a day- and not just wallpapers, larger items like scans. Average that out to 1.5MB per scan or item downloaded, and you're looking at 45mb per day, per sluggish leech. And then you add in the number of images they load per gallery item they visit [because you don't download whatever- you go to the item, decide if you want it, then download it- you can visit up to 60 different pages or more just deciding which 30 you want to download]

- I know bandwidth had probably nothing to do with the change, but the sluggish leecher with no contributions is the problem. It's more fairer if people had to post or whatever and earn their downloads [ie credits!]

As for those who report walls and scans or whatever enjoy having to download those for "free", I don't see why you just pay for it, report it, and when the report is processed, item deleted, you'll be paid back.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that these will be effective- these were just initial thoughts I thought could have also been options ~ just ignore me if you disagree. It's pretty hard to think of a loopfree system - so I'm not surprised if anyone can find loopholes [probably many] in what I thought were valid solutions.

Overall, my point is that there are other solutions to whatever the admins and mods are trying to fix, and they simply chose to hide the quota and credits. As I said, I don't really have a problem with it- just a bit confused why they implemented it in the first place ~ and I'm not complaining lol- I thought about it beforehand and I think it makes perfect sense to hide them :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Kleszczman

Kleszczman

Photoshop Maniac

I think hiding credits is wrong. Today I realised that they have run out :(
So how can I EARN some credits ? I have to pay something ?

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I actually like this new system...although I probably have more credits than I know what to do with. :)

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by sammothis new "feature" is silly... its like banks not letting you see your own balance! and then one day you return and find that you have barely any credits left... (/o_o\) what's the logic to this?

even Sammo says so, it is indeed what I think
plus, i stated earlier that even now, I see nothing when my FDQ is spent (so I can test it)

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Maybe we are now entitled more than 30 free dl a day... or maybe 50 for a week, 100 a month, who knows ?

Since I've read a moderator saying there's no problem now with bandwith (it is underused), I don't really see why not knowing how many free quota we have changes something for a leecher... even if I wonder what is the definition of a leecher (someone who downloads everyday more than 30 Mo ?).

I don't really see the point of not knowing but maybe it's just that I have a tiring week.

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by IlonaMaybe we are now entitled more than 30 free dl a day... or maybe 50 for a week, 100 a month, who knows ?

Since I've read a moderator saying there's no problem now with bandwith (it is underused), I don't really see why not knowing how many free quota we have changes something for a leecher... even if I wonder what is the definition of a leecher (someone who downloads everyday more than 30 Mo ?).

I don't really see the point of not knowing but maybe it's just that I have a tiring week.

Nothing has changed with the DL quota it remains the same no matter what you may think to the contrary. The only thing that has changed is that you can no longer see the DL quota or your credits. Why was this done I don't know and can only speculate.

It is possible to curve the numerous leechers on the site. By leecher I mean members that join up and do nothing but use up their DL quota wait and repeat as many times as they want.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Nishiki1

Nishiki1

Just smile

Could somebody tell me why there is written "Download Quota will only show when low." all the time, although I have used my whole Download quota to test the new system today. Suddenly my quota was 0 ( I had to pay with credits for a scan..so I know it =) ), but nothing has changed...it never showed me my quotas..I think this system is broken.... =(

Quote by beethovenok the quato no biggy but show the creds i mean how will you know when it's time to splurge when you can't open your walet

yeah i agree, at least give the credit back i mean come on

I don't mind all that. All I know my credit are just too much.

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

serene

serene

~ Silent Tranquility ~

I just noticed too. I don't quite like it as the text is disturbing like it's 'threatening'? And I also *need* to know how much credits I've left or else I'll just lose track of it and never think bout it again until I almost finish my credits. Well... at least show the credits, nevermind the quota XP I wanna know how much I've gained and how much I've spent so that I can save some for 'emergency'? lol

WWLAOS

DOMiT

Heck, I don't understand how I get credits...nor do I care. I just look up every once-in-a-while and, bam! I've got another credit. Sweet! I definitely like seeing them, though. As for the Download Quota not showing...that bother's me. I don't want to be in the middle of a big dowloading-orgy just to have Minitokyo say "no" out of the blue. I mean, heck, I logged on this morning and my Dowload Quota said "only shows when low." I went and downloaded 2 wallpapers, and now the Download Quota says "8." Umm...okay...where did that come from? I consider 8...or 10...or even 15 to be kinda low. It's the kinda thing I need to know. It determines which wallpapers I download and which I can only dream of downloading. It's a major issue, and something I want to be constantly updated on.

You see this kind of thing all the time...it invariably ends with eating people. - Dr. Dale L. Reuss

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Okay, now mine says I have 4 in free download quota which is impossible since I've only downloaded ONE thing since they've implemented this system, and I had 25 or 26 when they hid them.

Also, my credits area now says "Credit amount will only show when less than 128".

Is anyone else seeing something like this?

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

They reduced the amount of download quota or what? coz' i didn't use any of them, I don't have time to browse the gallery, and it tells me I have 4... <.< I don't really care about the amount, but i'd just like to get explanations, I still think we, the members, have the right to know what's going on and why <.<

and I definitely agree with sammo:

Quote by sammothis new "feature" is silly... its like banks not letting you see your own balance! and then one day you return and find that you have barely any credits left... (/o_o\) what's the logic to this?

merged: 02-05-2006 ~ 01:18am
loll, well i guess i just unknowingly answered your question AngelKate ^^

WWLAOS

DOMiT

Hahahahaha! My credits show at 47.38...but my Download Quota just jumped to -17! Yes, that's a minus 17! Hillarious. This is bull.

You see this kind of thing all the time...it invariably ends with eating people. - Dr. Dale L. Reuss

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

interesting, another change.
now I am satisfied. the new FDQ seems to be a lot more based on the bandwidth consumption of sorts.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Quote by AyamaelThey reduced the amount of download quota or what? coz' i didn't use any of them, I don't have time to browse the gallery, and it tells me I have 4... <.< I don't really care about the amount, but i'd just like to get explanations, I still think we, the members, have the right to know what's going on and why <.<

and I definitely agree with sammo:

merged: 02-05-2006 ~ 01:18am
loll, well i guess i just unknowingly answered your question AngelKate ^^

i agree, it would be nice if we were told whats going on, other forums im on dont keep there members in the dark like this on does, it bothers me.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Whoa and i thought i was one who didn't dowload anything.... man that sure will be tough for a lot of ppl (i've got 2 FDQ left.... the lowest i ever got before was 25 or something)...
I'd say the dowload quote now is about 5 or something, but maybe even less ^_^. if it's not cumulative, i guess it will show all the time, except if they put the set point under 3 (which still means it'd be showing all the time lol).... so all in all the "showing when low" would become a useless feature, they'd just have had to say "hey we drop the DQ to 5" ^_^'

ahah hail to doujinshi, my interest will only go to you now ;)

WWLAOS

DOMiT

Heck..I just became afraid to download anything. My DQ is still at -17...I've only downloaded 2 things today! Maybe...maybe 10 all of yesterday. What the heck is going on? Limiting abuse is one thing, creating confusion and fear is something entirely different.

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Well, If we overloaded our credits, they should stop giving us credits instead of hidding them! They should PM us or GB us to let us know that we have overloaded them and for that reason we won't get more until we low them down enough!

Now, I have this message:

Free Download Quota
Credit amount will only show when less than 128.

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Quote by Sheqel02/04/2005
-Reduced Free Download Quota to 5
-Added e-mail address field to Personal Options

okay people, all the new's on this thread Minitokyo Changelog

i havnt got that yet, it shows them both, but it shows 5 FDQ and i havnt DL anything in a while

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The daily Free Download Quota has been reduced to 5 per 24 hours. This number is found to be more inline with the credits system, as the previous 30 has negated all purposes of credits.

The credit amount will now show when you have less than 128 credits. So if you see the hide message, sleep well knowing you're not broke. :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

thank you for explaining that

Quote by EternalParadoxThe daily Free Download Quota has been reduced to 5 per 24 hours. This number is found to be more inline with the credits system, as the previous 30 has negated all purposes of credits.

The credit amount will now show when you have less than 128 credits. So if you see the hide message, sleep well knowing you're not broke. :)

oop...was just about to spread the word since I started the thread
Thanks for the explanation ep :)

I totally agree with the dq reduction...(although I'm still not sure about the hidden credits....)

page 4 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 146 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.