Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 please stop mt - Minitokyo

please stop mt

would you like to be asked about new changes

Yes
23 votes
yes or at least told
27 votes
no, I trust the mods
7 votes
don't care
7 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

I am just speaking my mind, with the new changes I had to. I am really upset about all the changes. From what I hear it's to stop leachers and abusers. People please just forget them. What about US? The memebers who are here and are loyal, who like to participate, what about us? Puting all these restrictions on are unfair. And it would be nice if the memebers were asked, or at least told about these changes. Though you have the final word, asking the memebers might give you a better idea. Restriction downloads to help the bendwith is fine, but to limit downloads to such a small amount because of leachers is ridiculous. Especilly with the tramandous gallery! And what about those who don't participate so much? I really think making us contribute so much is not fair. I doubt your going to change because of this, *would be nice* but please take what I have said into consideration.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

yeah thats true but i tihkn you can still dl form logout too

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

I'm sorry, but downloads aren't limited... it's only the amount of downloads we can make for free that is reduced. Instead of 30, we get 5, but then, you can still download by using up your credits. I, for one, think this change is for the best. The whole principle of having too many free downloads defies the purpose of having the credit system in the first place. I wasn't able to use up any of my credits for months, just to give you an example, and simply kept on accumulating them.

However, I do agree that, if we're not asked for our opinion, we should at least be warned of the changes beforehand. But hey! it's not like everything can always be perfect.

And btw, to sukumei, you can't download walls/doujins/scans when you log off...

Asking the members would be much better since the members of the forum are the forum! I am totally on your side!

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Your concerns are valid and your request is reasonable. In the future, we will try to announce major changes in advance so that you will have a heads-up and an opportunity to make comments and suggestions. Note, however, that a lot of the changes we have been making recently have actually been in response to suggestions made by members such as yourself.

I do want to stress one thing, however. Reducing the quota DOES NOT limit downloads. I have heard this claim so many times today, but truth be told, members who have been active in the forums, galleries, and reviews should not have a problem downloading scans and wallpapers. In fact, there are quite a number of members who have far more credits than they know what to do with.

I agree that not having a quota would be limiting downloads to certain elements of the community, e.g. new members or those that are more introverted, but having too large a quota makes the credit system redundant, as many have pointed out. A low quota therefore is the happy medium that is of most benefit to the memberbase as a whole.

Again, reducing the quota does not limit downloads. I hope this answers your question; please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Quote by chaosmongooseI am just speaking my mind, with the new changes I had to. I am really upset about all the changes. From what I hear it's to stop leachers and abusers.

Well, I'm kinda upset too, coz I have a problem with my account and I feel like MT think that I'm one of those "abusers", and I'm not!

Quote by chaosmongooseAnd it would be nice if the memebers were asked, or at least told about these changes. Though you have the final word, asking the memebers might give you a better idea.

Yeah, It would be a great idea but.. letting know more than 2000 something members is a hrad job! ^_^' and several of them are not active...

Quote by chaosmongooseRestriction downloads to help the bendwith is fine, but to limit downloads to such a small amount because of leachers is ridiculous. Especilly with the tramandous gallery!

Do you talk about the free download quota?
Well, I think it's fine, anyway you're supposed to have your own amount of credits so when you run out of FDQ you can use them.

Quote by chaosmongooseAnd what about those who don't participate so much? I really think making us contribute so much is not fair.

Well, They dont exactly make you contribute! See it this way: you have to work for what you want. Anyway, this webpage works coz of all our contributions. If we wouldnt contribute, there wouldnt be MT ;)

Quote by chaosmongooseI doubt your going to change because of this, *would be nice* but please take what I have said into consideration.

I'm sure they gonna pay attention to this! Or, at least, I hope so. :)

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

I love anime. I love to download many wallpapers so I can study them. I am trying to learn how to draw and create my own wallpapers to submit to MT, but its taking me a while to learn and practice. I don't really like the download limit, but i understand why it might be necessary to prevent those who would take advantage.

I have downloaded many wallpapers from MT...I have left comments for many of them and I always thank those for sharing their talents. I have also recieved a few responses to the comments i have i have left. Hopefully, when I can submit some of my work, it will be appreciated also.

As far as getting more involved on MT...I am trying, but do not know all the ins ands outs of MT yet.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Quote by Kabura Yeah, It would be a great idea but.. letting know more than 2000 something members is a hrad job! ^_^' and several of them are not active...

It is hard to let all the people on this site know, but as for the non-active ones I don't personally think they have much room to complain about things changing since they aren't around much to begin with. Not that they'll notice any changes to the site if they don't check up on it anyways... ^_^'

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Traize

Traize

Design Student

Heh, I thought it was just a bug with my account or something, like the fact it keeps telling me I have Notifications when I don't :P

In the end, I can see it having to be done, but at the very least a warning would have prevented any "OMFGWTFs wrong with my account" type of posts ;)

Signature
Dick Van Dyke is my Chuck Norris

I don't like much these new changes but well... maybe after a while... and if posting/commentating is really seen as a contribution, since after the implementation of the FDQ, it doesn't seem that writting things (except reviews) earn us anything.

Signature

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Quote by IlonaI don't like much these new changes but well... maybe after a while... and if posting/commentating is really seen as a contribution, since after the implementation of the FDQ, it doesn't seem that writting things (except reviews) earn us anything.

As far as I know, Posting is an important way to earn credits... Or am i wrong?

Signature
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

ElvishImmortal

ElvishImmortal

Spellweaver

I also would appreciate being alerted by the mods about changes made on MT. Personally, i am not an artist, so i use this site to talk about anime stuff, and appreciate the art here. When tehy start to put restrictions on downloads b/c of leachers, cmon, there has to be a better way. Maybe change the rules for downloads. Have to be a certain participation lvl before they let u, so they know ur loyal to the site...just a suggestion. But yea...to anime lovers, this is kinda disappointing...

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Trying to notify users of changes is not really that great of an idea on a site this big, there are almost a quarter of a million registered users on here. Who knows how many are active, but even if its only 5% that is still a lot of people. I think if you want to notify users, a more up front "news" section would get the job done better then anything, and would make more sense on the top then the recent forum threads.

As far as some people say 30 free quota was too much, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I just recently got to the point where I was using more then 20 in a day on average, I figured if I had them I might as well spend them, then a few days later bam, gone. XD As for credits, I was saving those for the next time I take a trip and can't check MT every day. Just like the last time I was gone for a little over a week, I don't earn that many credits so I have to ration them carefully. After I caught up from that week away it took a month to regain the credits I spent. The free quota allowed me to save up credits for the next big spend when I am gone and have to catch up, I was pretty comfortable with that setup and did not feel overly presured to try and find the ever elusive ways to earn credits.

I like the wallpapers on this site, some of the best anime walls you can find are posted here. A lot of the time in forums when there is a "post your desktop" thread I get PMs from people asking me where I got my walls, or if they can have a copy of one in paticular. But it is getting to be such an uphill battle, I just feel tired and frustrated. It is getting to be not worth the effort for the 1-3 wallpapers a day that are desktop worthy out of the 20-25 I will check normally, it is so much work and so little in returns.

Signature Image

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I liked how in the old MT there was a "news" thread that would get posted on the front page of MT so everyone can see the new changes and made aware of it. This way members who don't frequent the forums are also aware of anything new that may be implemented. I liked this feature and I found it very helpful in staying updated with what's new in MT without having to dig through the forums. It would be nice if this was brought back. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Whine, whine, whine. That's all you can do. How about suggesting what should be done?

I for one don't believe the current system will stop leechers and rippers away.

But then again, it's all fine with me since a whole lot of wallers stopped posting here.

And don't bother to wait for the admin's notification about changes since NO ONE will read it anyway.

kuchikidesert

kuchikidesert

LuNnaR_MoNkEyZ

honestly.. I don't really care about the new system.. I enjoy the gallery, forum, and some groups :D
But.. Why is my FDQ -5 ? minus?! Will the FDQ up again?

Signature Image
*~ " I onLy FigHt foR mYseLf aNd I OnLy LoVe MySeLf . . tHaT's tHe onLy LoVe I nEeD " ~*
--Sabaku no Gaara--

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by kuchikideserthonestly.. I don't really care about the new system.. I enjoy the gallery, forum, and some groups :D
But.. Why is my FDQ -5 ? minus?! Will the FDQ up again?

At the moment there is a glitch in the system which causes some members to have a negative DL quota even when they did not DL anything. Please just be patient after 24 hours the system will be corrected

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

DeathD13

DeathD13

The Devil's Angel

I personally don't mind the changes, I'll go along with it if its for the better of the site, but like many of you had mentioned, a bit better news area might help, so you could at least go back and read up on the details of the changes and know what was happening... not sure how much it will help stop leachers, but even if it slows them down, it will be worth it... :)

Quote by Kabura

Quote by IlonaI don't like much these new changes but well... maybe after a while... and if posting/commentating is really seen as a contribution, since after the implementation of the FDQ, it doesn't seem that writting things (except reviews) earn us anything.

As far as I know, Posting is an important way to earn credits... Or am i wrong?

I think since the fdq was implemented, no credit was earned thanks to posts/comments (at least to the ones that wrote it). I have read it is a bug that isn't on the priority list. But other feel it's simply a new policy to not earn credits that way.

That's what this thread is about :
http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/43424/not-getting-credits/

And as someone that's only active by posts/comments, I can confirm that I haven't earn any credit after that (except the probable 1 credit by week), even though I was still active - and there's a really sharp difference between earning at least 30 credits by week-end... and well... nearly none.

Not that I really need these credits since I have a so slow connection with a ridiculous upload/download amount.

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Hmm....finally some positive upgrades, I like the new thing altogether, not that it will stop rippers much, and appreciation wise for artwork won't rise but that is not the issue, this should pretty damn well encourage participation from people finally.
I find there is such a need.
As for the change of notifications, a good program to set BIG buttons that lead to the news section (if any) on the mainpage would be great, should attract some attention here and there.

Here is what I suggest trying, move the advertisements on the side panel, down and under the page, replace that with a news and/or policy button, even better if it blinks (albeit annoying) when there is new updates on the whole community.

I won't whine, cause this is finally taking a better step for the long run. People who do, think twice before opening your mouth on what you wanted to say.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Quote by AngelKateI liked how in the old MT there was a "news" thread that would get posted on the front page of MT so everyone can see the new changes and made aware of it. This way members who don't frequent the forums are also aware of anything new that may be implemented. I liked this feature and I found it very helpful in staying updated with what's new in MT without having to dig through the forums. It would be nice if this was brought back. :)

I agree with AngelKate.

The only thing I don't like is that, with a lot of the works done, the intricacy is lost with only the thumbnail shown. So in order to view it in full magnitude, you "have to" download it; and whether or not you end up liking it, it's used one of the free downloads. I like leaving detailed comments on the submissions, and that's kind of hard to do without seeing the whole thing. But, as has been said, the administrators of the site seem to find it necessary, so who am I to question? That's why I like what AngelKate said about it; she offers what could be considered a solution.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

I suppose I will repeat myself. I read that there are no problems with the bandwidth and it was a staff member talking. You want members to be active? Now how about thinking before saying something? People want scans so they'll go and spam to get the credits because of the low DQ. Isn't it better to let people get what they want and rely on real MT members? I surely don't want to see people copy+paste a comment on ten walls. I've seen this in many anime forums where you have to post to get media. The whole forum is spammed up, even the dullest threads have over 200 replies and those don't even make sense.
In the end I don't think I'll very be so active on MT since it takes me two minutes to load so the only way I can contribute something is submitting my own works because I don't have the patience to wait for such a long time when browsing a forum. If you think that your changes are better for the community then discuss it with us before doing something because recent updates were going the hill and god damn it I want to see my credits! they are freaking mine!

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Quote by Ilona
I think since the fdq was implemented, no credit was earned thanks to posts/comments (at least to the ones that wrote it). I have read it is a bug that isn't on the priority list. But other feel it's simply a new policy to not earn credits that way.

That's what this thread is about :
http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/43424/not-getting-credits/

And as someone that's only active by posts/comments, I can confirm that I haven't earn any credit after that (except the probable 1 credit by week), even though I was still active - and there's a really sharp difference between earning at least 30 credits by week-end... and well... nearly none.

Not that I really need these credits since I have a so slow connection with a ridiculous upload/download amount.

Well, back in time :o when the credits system appeared, yes! posting in the forums was an important way to earn credits, but it seems thatis not a priority anymore. T_T

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by DiomaI suppose I will repeat myself. I read that there are no problems with the bandwidth and it was a staff member talking. You want members to be active? Now how about thinking before saying something? People want scans so they'll go and spam to get the credits because of the low DQ. Isn't it better to let people get what they want and rely on real MT members? I surely don't want to see people copy+paste a comment on ten walls. I've seen this in many anime forums where you have to post to get media. The whole forum is spammed up, even the dullest threads have over 200 replies and those don't even make sense.
In the end I don't think I'll very be so active on MT since it takes me two minutes to load so the only way I can contribute something is submitting my own works because I don't have the patience to wait for such a long time when browsing a forum. If you think that your changes are better for the community then discuss it with us before doing something because recent updates were going the hill and god damn it I want to see my credits! they are freaking mine!

What you pose is a valid argument however this new change was implemented for the good of the community. It was done to stop leechers from DLing so much for absolutely free at a high volume mind you I am well aware of the fact that they still have free Dl's just not as many. It is also trying to foster more activity in the community. Will it mean that there will be some spammers yes it does but the mods will take care of those members appropraitely as seen fit. If you submit artwork here there should be no worry since you will make back any credits you may have spent. Furthermore this judgement on this new change was made based upon feedback from members dating back to a month ago. So to say that the admins and mods do not consult members before making decisions is not true since this new change was based upon what members have said.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.