Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 please stop mt - Minitokyo

please stop mt

would you like to be asked about new changes

Yes
23 votes
yes or at least told
27 votes
no, I trust the mods
7 votes
don't care
7 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 26 total items

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Yes, we reduced the Download Quota because many members have indicated to us that 30 was way too much.

Now, regarding leechers. We never intent to kill off leechers, let me reiterate that. We want to limit them to a reasonable extent. And again, credits are there to be gained and used. You wouldn't just keep your money under your mattress unless you're well, just stingy like that, but that's the same logic with credits. Why have credits when you can get stuff anyways just by waiting 24 hours?

If we keep the gate entirely open, we might not be having bandwidth issues now, but we will in the long run when one leecher tells another leecher who tells a third about MT's high free downloads. That's what we are trying to prevent. Now, "real members" can do what they've always done and be perfectly able to download while leechers are limited to five free ones.

What if they spam the forums and gallery comments? We do our best to delete those posts and close those threads. Worst case spammers will get banned. And with the number of actively helper members reporting these spammers, I have not seen spamming get out of control. Plus, sheqel made the merged post feature to help prevent double posting spamming. I've seen a member trying to spam his own guestbook to gain credits. Except it all turned into merged posts so it didn't work. that's part of our method of reducing the impact of leechers/spammers.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

there's no big deal about the DQ since I know that I have enough credits (I forgot how many I had before this change! NOES! damn it >.<) and I download most of my scans from AP.
I just hope you won't have many problems.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 26 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.