Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Horror/survival games - Minitokyo

Horror/survival games

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Whether fighting undead creatures with a near empty gun, or taking photos of ghosts and spirits, it's all done for one purpose.. to scare the crap out of you~ XD

What about you guys? Do you like the horror/survival genre? If so, what is your favorite Horror/survival title?

One of my all time favorites is the first Resident Evil when it came out for the PS. It was the first, and scariest experience I've had with a video game. The ambience, sound, lighting, everything sent chills up my spine... and playing it alone in the dark... >.< What the hell was I thinking~ XD

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Residental Evil is my all time fav :)

Blast them zombies!

Signature

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Yeah Resident Evil has got to be the best, The Previews from Doom 3 looks like it will fit in this catagory quite nicely though. And I don't normally play such games alone they scare the hell out of me :).

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

kino

kino

tabibito

Resident Evil 1 is the best out of the serie imo. i still remember getting spooked when the zombie pops out suddenly >.<

i heard forbidden siren and fatal frame 2 is also good :)

Signature Image

lclun

lclun

mikoto-sama

My first horror/survival game is Silent Hill from PS. I think it is more creepier and horror than RE cause the town is dead silent with you carrying a stupid damn radio to fight off the unknown creatures. Almost get pee when playing this game in the middle of the night XDXDXD

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Resident Evil is Meh, the only game that gave me more shivers than skinnydipping in a public lake during the winter was Friday the 13th for Nintendo. Man did that game scare the heebyjeebies out of me. Hearing Jason's voice in the background and walking through a deserted 8bit house and then out of nowhere get attacked. The crappy background music made me wet myself.

The only game to have come close to that feeling was Fatal Frame. I want to play Fatal Frame 2 so badly. :nya:

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

Ayreon

Ayreon

Obscene

All survival horror games are about one thing: puzzles. There is no game play, the zombies/ghosts/whatever are just things to detract from the fact that you are doing about 50,000,000,000 puzzles.

Plus they're linear and all of them suck.

This is the dawn of time
I am the first to stand
Looking through the eyes of the primal man
This is the dawn of time
Witnessing the birth
I am the first man on earth

Quote by Trowble...the only game that gave me more shivers than skinnydipping in a public lake during the winter was Friday the 13th for Nintendo. Man did that game scare the heebyjeebies out of me. Hearing Jason&#39;s voice in the background and walking through a deserted 8bit house and then out of nowhere get attacked. The crappy background music made me wet myself...

LOL! that game scared the fuck out of me too
although i gotta admit resident evil 2 scared me plenty (hadn't played the first one at the time)

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Friday the 13th was the best horror game of it's time, plain and simple. Can't play that game without getting goosebumps. ^_^

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

Aurion

Aurion

Crazy Stat Guy

Hmm, I still remember playing the Friday the 13th game at a friend's house and then having to walk home when it was getting dark. Frightening, to put it nicely, and the game gave me nightmares for days after that. Perhaps the reason why I've never played another horror game since.

Wandering_Youth

Wandering_Youth

lost in wonder forever...

Resident Evil 2 was the first horror game I played and loved as well as feared it since it was my first horror game.

for me its the first silent hill, that game was messed up in terms of story

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Resident Evil is a classic....Silent Hill is good too ...but i think although Doom 3 is a first person shooter, it will be pretty freaky with all those detail scary monsters

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love Silent Hill beyond all others but Resident Evil and Clock Tower series were what really got me into the genre

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

The two Fatal Frame games were the only i really enjoyed and had fun playing over and over...set up the PS2 inside a dark room and play it around 10 pm onwards...so fun. :) :)

Besides...these are the two i consider horror..others are more action, weird, freaky or just too bloody.

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

i love resident evil atm i am playing the new re outbreak an i think is quite good
team up or get zombie food ^^

-Timber

-Timber

glass guru

I remember when R.E. came out....me and some friends rented it and went to one of our buddies house with a surround sound system. We dimmed all the lights and started playing.

I think we ALL jumped the first time one of those dogs came crashing through the window. It was pretty creepy to play with the sound turned up. ^_^

Signature

ZyreX

ZyreX

PixelWiz

just as almost everyone else here! Resident Evil is one of the greatest horror games ive played XD

Signature

Quote by Gekisen

Quote by Trowble...the only game that gave me more shivers than skinnydipping in a public lake during the winter was Friday the 13th for Nintendo. Man did that game scare the heebyjeebies out of me. Hearing Jason&#39;s voice in the background and walking through a deserted 8bit house and then out of nowhere get attacked. The crappy background music made me wet myself...

LOL! that game scared the fuck out of me too
although i gotta admit resident evil 2 scared me plenty (hadn&#39;t played the first one at the time)

HAHAHA... omg~ it's so true. there's something about 8-bit horror that makes it even scarier ;[ then again, i won't even try playing RE or silent hill and those... i hate scary games and scary movies -_-

Talent does what it can; genius does what it must.

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

Did anybody play Eternal Darkness for the Game Cube? To me, that was more creepy that RE.

But, like Ayreon said, they are alll puzzle games. Doom 3 and Half-life 2 will be great

Did anybody play the zombie add-on/mod thing for Half-life 1?

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Resident Evil! Creppy as hell. Haven't played Silent Hill cause I don't Have PS2 but for now RE.

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

Silent Hill was the first survivor horror game I played. RE games are good too, but they don't hold a candle to the SH games. I mean c'mon, check out the trailer for the latest SH game! So creepy!

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/608/608237/vids_1.html

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Actually, the only thing that matches the title is Battle Royale. Which reminds me of one thing.
http://www.minitokyo.net/?loc=showthread&id=1045

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

d00d34

d00d34

The Self Saviour

Silent Hill. It has such a creepy atmosphere. I never ever play the game alone

Signature
Ours is not to reason why, but to do or die.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.