Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of Gunslinger Girl? - Minitokyo

What do you think of Gunslinger Girl?

Tagged under Gunslinger Girl

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Hi! I am buying a serie calling Gunslinger Girl what i found cool!

What's your opinion of ths serie? (Manga,Anime)

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

I like it but it's sad at times. Overall, it's a good anime.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Honetly, I think it's original & beautifully drawn, and I want more of it...

You read the premise of it, about cyborg girls trained to kill, and you think it's going to be some gung-ho churned out piece of rubbish. But the characterisation of the girls is wonderful. They really are innocent young girls who don't remember their past or question why they're sent to kill.

There's more about relationships between the girls and their "fratella" than there is about killing Italian mafia members, or rival agencies.

Then the "Agency" stuff adds to the suspension and keeps it from getting too boring.

There's a strange morality to it all, taking young children into such a hostile arena, making them into killers. Some of the adults treat them as nothing more than machines, others treat them with respect. But is that respect enough to make up for the loss of their childhood? Can they truly remain innocent even though they exist to kill?

There's just so much to this series, and I can't help but feel it's been left to wither away unceremoniously, with far too many lose ends left to fray. If there are more volumes, then they should hurry up and translate them, because I genuinely want to read more & see how events pan out.

It needs more... I need more.

Yeah it has a very original atmosphere...

And yeah, it's somewhat great anime,with so much potentional...I liked every minutes of it. The only problem is: it short. FAR too short :(

I haven't read the manga though, but the anime would be 10/10 for me, if it weren't for its short length.

when i watched the first ep. it's kinda boring. but nonethelelss it's good if you like thant kind of genre

ya know, at first i really loved it, but as time passed, i realized that alot of stuff could've been improved.

First of all, the environment art could have been better. All the places they visited looked the same. For example, take "Noir"...that anime had great environments! But gunslinger girl....

Aside from that and kinda bland animation, i really loved the story. The voice acting was really great too.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I almost want to write a review for it now, i watched it all in japanese subs and i loved it. It's fairly original in concepts (from anything i've seen anyway). It has a beautiful balance of action and drama and i thought looks at the ethical issues involved with genetic engineering in humans.

Well i would have given it an 8 or 9 out of 10. I showed a friend of mine the series, he didn't even like anime but became obsessed with the series so i guess it has something special :D

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

It's a great series, but to it's dismay...the series is no longer in production after the third volume. The ambiance of the show was great, I heard some minor praise about it, but when I got the first dvd, it was beautiful, it blew all the doubts I had about purchasing it. The plot is nice, it has it's moment of some cliches..but what doesn't these days?...The character development was subtle and somewhat vast...but it didn't take away the natural feel of it. Not to mention, the correlation with Italy and it's rich culture, the music was beautiful as well. Apperently, the soundtrack is held to be one of the best soundtracks of new anime. I'm glad I bought it, and I'm obsessed with it.

The story has a pretty interesting concept, the girls themselves are very well characterized. The animation is absolutely amazing, the artists actually input details, like the fact that the gunslinger girls are all holding their guns/ weapons correctly to make them look like pros assasins in contraction to their inoccent demeanor. I would give it a 8.7 out of 10. :P

The overall tone is soft and melodic with a hinge of irony and saddness mixed into it. I would definitely recommend Gungslinger girl to anyone who doesnt mind watching a slower pace anime.

merged: 03-16-2006 ~ 04:04am
The story has a pretty interesting concept, the girls themselves are very well characterized. The animation is absolutely amazing, the artists actually input details, like the fact that the gunslinger girls are all holding their guns/ weapons correctly to make them look like pros assasins in contraction to their inoccent demeanor. I would give it an 8.7 out of 10. :P

The overall tone is soft and melodic with a hinge of irony and saddness mixed into it. I would definitely recommend Gungslinger girl to anyone who doesnt mind watching a slower pace anime.

Gunslinger Girl is among my favourite anime series. Watching the different forms of relationships between the girls and their handlers is very interesting and satisfying in some cases. Not only do you have action scenes, but it also touches on some moral and philosophical issues. In addition to a great plot, the music imo was great.
However it was too short :( and the ending was quite sad. Nevertheless, a great series.

I think it is a pretty cool series. I BT'd the first volume and then later went out to buy the series, but unfortunately, ADV has been having problems putting out their manga, from what i can tell. They're only up to vol 3 on Gunslinger Girl, as well as volume 3 of Peacemaker (Kurugane) :(

mightymosping

mightymosping

Belldandy's Online Boyfriend :P

argh u all spoiled the show for him/her...

it's a nice anime... nice art... nice ost... mmm i like the small girl... wat's her name again... starting with H... anyway... little fanservice but i betcha this show is supposed to be hentai-ish or something... something about little girls and handlers... goushujin-sama... gomene~... aaahhhhhh i'm not a lolipedo i'm not suffering from lolicon... aaaaaa....

it's way too short... i want more little girls running around with guns and rifle... and best of all... little girl on a sniper rifle... wooaahhhh... they're damn strong...

it's one of my favourite animes too... :P

Belldandy Rawkz For The World!!!

Signature Image

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

Yea this is definitely one of those animes that deserves a sequel or movie. The chars are all just so lovable.
Kinda reminds me of the movie The Professional. Fun action packed and emotional, ah poor Leon... :D

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

For the genre, its a good title. I still found it a little boring. too meeh, its not worth buying but that's meeh. I thought it was a good series however. intense atmosphere all around and the plot was a lil interesting.

I love this anime as well. Interesting storyline. And I agree it's sad at times. But over-all, it's interesting. If you likes girls with guns, this anime is a 'no problem'.

You wouldn't betray me, right?

The anime is AWESOME, beautiful design, good chracters, good plot, smart series.
However its not that much action in it its more of a drama a good one.

VERY good. Plot-wise and storyline-wise, very well developed. Though some of my peers deem it as boring due to its emphasis on character developement rather than the action aspect. However it's fine with me the way this anime goes.

damn cool! but it have to end so faaast!

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Although I have not seen any full episodes (only trailers and bits and pieces) I would say it looks liek a pretty good if sad anime. Although the premise with the child assassins is a little disconcerting.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Great anime!I saw two episodes and bought the whole collection and I have absolutely no regrets.The plot and characters are extremely well put together.This is one my favorite shows and the prospect of a sequel would be very interesting.I'm salivating at the thought.

merged: 09-11-2006 ~ 09:28pm
Great anime!I saw two episodes and bought the whole collection and I have absolutely no regrets.The plot and characters are extremely well put together.This is one my favorite shows and the prospect of a sequel would be very interesting.I'm salivating at the thought.

Very original and unique anime, quite different from anything else you can find elsewhere. You got several cute girls, but it is not any harem (far from it) nor any romance (not exactly, though there are elements of love and fasination).

Overall the mood is a bit depressing as it explores morality of children turned into professional killers, with defects both in the mind (all girls are not 'complete' or 'normal') and the body (esp Angelina). I found it quite a deep anime, not overatly bloody or violent, but gives you plently of rooms to think and reflect.

My only complaint is the shortness and the lack of a conclusion. (Or maybe it is intended for you to imagine the girls' sad ends after that happy singing)

its a good series. the story is hard to understand a bit due to each girls story overlaping each other

LOVE BOTH (anime&manga)
MY FAVS^^!

i agree with everyone...original, with little of touch of everything, a very curious way to use that weasted and old robot subject...very recomendable...the second season it s on so dont miss it ..

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.