Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Signatures and Signature Images - Minitokyo

Signatures and Signature Images

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

To all members,

Given that there have been some questions about images in signatures lately, I think it may be useful to clearly state the rule on signatures. As was indicated almost three weeks ago (on this thread,

Quote by shinsengumiTo clarify, signature images must use the sigimg tag, and the maximum size for all signature images is 486x60 pixels. This is non-negotiable, and as such all members with signatures that violate these guidelines are to make sure that their signatures do meet these standards as soon as possible.

Q: Are image tags allowed in signatures?
A: No. The only image allowed in a signature is the one image denoted by the sigimg tag.

Q: How large can a signature image be?
A: Signature images can be a maximum of 486 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height.

Q: How long can a signature be?
A: Four lines.

Q: Can I advertise a gallery item (e.g. my latest submission) in my signature?
A: Yes, as long as it does not violate any other guideline regarding signatures and signature images.

Signatures are supposed to be short notes appended to your posts to help personalize your message, which is why the 60 pixel signature image height and four line signature length restrictions were put into place. As members have noted themselves in a number of threads, large signature images and long signatures are often both distracting and obnoxious.

Please note that if you have a signature that does not meet the above guidelines (or if it violates the community guidelines in any other way), you will either be asked to remove it or will have it manually removed.

I hope that clarifies the rules regarding signatures and signature images. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Finally, this issue has been addressed. I feel that issues that are conveyed between the moderators in the moderator forum should be immediately brought to light if they impact all members of the community, thus reducing the blatant questioning that occurs by PM or guestbook.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Alright, I am using that now, so I am sure it is not a problem...
I really wished it was larger though, but rules are rules.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

nitram

nitram

Will you follow me into Fire ...

... the signature image doesnt show up. Is " [sigimg] " not the right command.

-+- Will you follow me into fire? Will you follow me into darkness? Will you follow me into death? -+-
Signature Image
-+- Elemental-Gurdians : A Group for Wallers -+- S20-Signature Studio -+-

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by nitram... the signature image doesnt show up. Is " [sigimg] " not the right command.

Try clearing your internet cache then re-upload the sig. You can also try hitting F5 to refresh the page. If that doesn't work try cutting the text you have in your sig space re-upload your sig and then paste the text back to where you want it. Otherwise just wait it will show up eventually. If you upload a sig you won't see immediate changes you have to wait atleast a day before it shows

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

nitram

nitram

Neither signature text or signature image works.
So I use another way:

-+- Will you follow me into fire? Will you follow me into darkness? Will you follow me into death? -+-

http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/sigs/nitram.gif -+- Elemental-Gurdians : A Group for Wallers -+- S20-Signature Studio -+-

'[sigimg]'
[sigimg]

Signature Image

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

nitram, your signature works. What you need to do is to turn on full signatures in your Minitokyo Options.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

nitram

nitram

thanks a lot for the hint shinsengumi.

Signature Image

About time, I was growing tired of 20 line sigs.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

yes i ahve seen some poepel with damn massive 20 lines of sigs

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

I got my signature deleted twice....i don't understand why! Can someone help me? Please!
I don't know why!

I don't get any more credits....can it be because of the signature?

Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

there is nothing to do with your signature, you are not getting credits I dunno for what reason, but if you read the first post, you will know that no longer are signatures using the [img] tags for larger ones than those of specified guideline sizes are allowed.

Hence, it will get deleted, if it violates the reasons given in the first post. Please read.

Signature Image

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

Quote by Devildudeyou will know that no longer are signatures using the [img] tags for larger ones than those of specified guideline sizes are allowed

Thanxx for answering! :D But i Don't understand this sentence!^_^'

What is the [img] tag? I don't understand!

I don't understand why I don't get credits anymore!

I had lots of fun in minitokyo.....but I am starting to get stressed now! x_x

merged: 03-16-2006 ~ 05:32am
This image is ok? Isnt'it? http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/3669/bleachsenbonzakurakageyoshibyf.gif
What tag should I use? People tell me "use the sigimg tag" but I want to be sure about what it is!
If i get this thing wrong again I will be banned!

Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

actually there is a funny thing with the sig img tag, u can only make signatures of 486x60 in size, otherwise it will say it is too long or big or small depending. Perhaps that is why your's would not show or upload depending on the nature of it.

as for credits, there was a news thread explaining if you make posts in the forums or anywhere else beside the chat lounge with lesser than 50 letters/characters long you get deducted credits instead. So make a longer post or something as to which more than 50 letters long

Signature Image

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

Thanxx a lot for the answer! You are very nice :)!
You think i can't put that image as a signature? That's really bad! :(

Anyways, thanxx a lot Devildude ;)

Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Try to make another following the standard sizes 486x60 sized, and then save as a gif, then upload it.
Rememeber to enter [sigimg] to your signature image box
Should work.

Signature Image

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

Can I use this as a signature? http://www.maj.com/gallery/Baby-Gali/Pixelbypixel/Blinkies/mewblink.gif

Signature Image

Hei Shinsegumi!How come your sig is longer tan 4 lines? ;)

Signature
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

Ah thanks for the information! :) i was getting confused when i was seeing some sigs have paragraphs and one even had song lyrics on it, and was like is that even legal here? :) Now i know and i feel happier because of it.

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

My signature is 486 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height, and I used the [sigimg] tag! Can you confirm it is ok?
I will be banned if I get the signature to violate the rules.....:(

Signature Image

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

@Flavia:

Your signature is fine.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

Quote by EternalParadox@Flavia:

Your signature is fine.

Thanxx a lot ;)
I wasn't sure about the tag :P

Signature Image

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Yee ^^. I finally found a thread about this ^^. Thats means I can take away my current signature ^^. I hope that this will work now o.o

Signature Image

IcyBlade

IcyBlade

eXceed Master

yup...that's nice cuz i have problems about looking for threads and that signature make my pc slower to view pages.

Signature
Ready to shootout! eXceed!
-Rain Lindwurm-

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.