Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Muslum praying rooms in american schools - Minitokyo

Muslum praying rooms in american schools

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 51 total items

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

fact is, once you give in, a bunch of others will sound their request for their own private religion sessions, and you do not want that to happen.
I know not many are as demanding as Muslims when it comes to the importance of religion at times, and I know it is hard for them not get to pray because their teachings demand them, I must however, say that if we give them the oppurtunity, and allow them to demand such a facility and show tolerance for them, what is stopping the others from demanding the equal treatment.
heck, I dunno about you, but if I was there, and if they allowed this, as a Buddhist, I might as well demand a small temple or altar to be made in the school, in a small room where the Buddha statue along with a "school-only" monk who maintains the place so Buddhist students can get in and pray in a private environment.
Next up, if I am Taoist, I will demand an altar to be built too, then , as a Pagan worshipper (of sorts) I will demand for a special room too.
Trust me, it has been proven, human nature wise, give and an inch, they will want a mile.
It is not uncommon. Next thing you know it will be like Malaysia, with them blaring their sound systems thoroughout the five prayer times in the day and night over loudspeakers to the neighbourhood. That is public nuisance, and this tolerance is what will spark it.
You want to be tolerant, go somewhere else, this is not an issue to be seen lightly, tolerance can be shown elsewhere.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

To demand a small temple in school just because others have their surau is against Buddhist teachings. Buddhism is about discipline of the self.

As for Taoism, there's nothing about having to pray at regular intervals during school times. My relatives just put some joss-sticks during the evenings (no specific time) and that's all. Even that is to pray to the ancestors and gods.

For Taoists and Buddhists, such things in school are redundant. Unless you are talking about taking your ancestors' ashes from the crematorium and bringing them to school (which I'd doubt your parents would approve).

And there is no blaring of prayers through loudspeakers in school, Devildude. Those are from mosques, not suraus. I don't know which school you went to, but I have been studying in government school (SRK and SMK) from my beginning of education till I graduated.

Suraus are usually separated from the main school building so it won't be noticeable and won't get in others' way.

okayillgonow

okayillgonow

Never tolerate oppression...

Not that I'm prejudice but:

The terrorists' center of belief is muslim. This means that muslim will recruit more and more AND MORE terrorists.

''From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.'' (Karl Marx)

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 51 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.