Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo VS Animepaper - Minitokyo

Minitokyo VS Animepaper

Witch site kicks the other ones ass?

Minitokyo
116 votes
Animepaper
91 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 84 total items

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

Two of the largest anime sites on the web, One winner, tell us what you think and why.

i cant decide. I mean animepaper has a few pics, but no scans. BUT they are free. here we have a massive gallery but Sadly it will take forever to get them since we have all these restrictions! Plus this site has to many rules for an anime site. so i can't decide

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Aren't these 2 sites affiliated with another? Thats not a good thing to start people picking between them I dont think. I'm not gonna vote cause I think both parties who made each site worked very hard, and I like the outcome of both.

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I can't really decide either. AnimePaper has a better layout, quality thumbnails, and just better quality scans/walls all and all yet its smaller (fewer members I know and fewer scans) and takes longer to upload walls because of the checking process.

But if I had to choose? You'll never know.

Well I guess both sides have advantages and disadvantages. What I like best about Minitokyo is that I can use my free downloads to get scans. At Animepaper low quality walls can't be submitted because restrictions are very high, so you only see really good walls there.... That's just a selection of advantages and disadvantages.
I personally like Minitokyo better I think.

Moar Plz Project @ The Planning Board ~ You know you want to.

Quote by chaosmongoosei cant decide. I mean animepaper has a few pics, but no scans. BUT they are free. here we have a massive gallery but Sadly it will take forever to get them since we have all these restrictions! Plus this site has to many rules for an anime site. so i can't decide

No scans? You obviously haven't really been there.
AP's Gallery's wallpapers have identifiable signatures (unlike here), much better descriptions (no descriptions or only smilies means no acceptance) and totally free (limited up till 15 wallpapers on a dynamic basis). And the very least, their wallpaper downloads are worth the download slot used. And AP's Highlight selections are much better too.
There's too many low-quality wallpapers uploaded to MT's Gallery (hence the massive Gallery) and too many rippers uploading and getting the credit for someone else's work.

Quote by flukeAren't these 2 sites affiliated with another? Thats not a good thing to start people picking between them I dont think. I'm not gonna vote cause I think both parties who made each site worked very hard, and I like the outcome of both.

No, they are not affiliated with each other. AP started of as a continuation from Project Zen while MT, I can't recall exactly, I believe started with some request from Ewdi to Zhi Luang (PZ's co-founder).

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

i dont know animepapers so ivoted 4 minitokyo!

5D's Caption: Vol.1

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I would say the only points I find, but I shall be neutral as the both of them have advantages and disadvantages:

Animepaper: Omnidevil (my username0
Adv:
1. High quality submissions, no crappy walls unlike here. If it doesn't get approved, down't expect to be rewarded instead you are deducted of your papers (credits in similiar) and thus like so.

2. Faster (after the recent server upgrade

3. Techinical and intensive tutorials, with a lot of "ACTUAL" help comments in their session zero, from dedicated people who really look into it and comment....which sadly here is "OMGILIEK THE WALLLSZ" on the sandbox forum .

4. Whilst in comparison, art quality there is high for a reason, so only those who qualify shall be in there. (actually it is not as hard as you think, it is quite easy to get in)

5. Huge button link to the policy, which is good. (Minitokyo needs this severely)

6. The overall participation of the mods are generally better, Mods are active participants in anime discussions and so on, rather than just surfing through posts and keeping the community in order. They are generally more participative.

Disadvantages:

1. however the both of these communities have a common problem, some staff (in terms of personal observation) has attitude problems, replying in one liners are usually the case.

2. On general, AP is a more elitist society, however, once you are more into the bunch, it is normal to be acquinted.

3. Whilst toleration there is minimal, spam is immediately punished, and very sadly, although it exists to govern the community, it heavily restricts the involvement of members in general. (I met a lot of friends in the chat lounge)

4. There are actually a certain degree of restriction on forum topics, often enough, even some of the more meaningful and personal preference threads with an idea is locked, which makes it rather bad, as some may be a valid discussion. The mods just do not think twice at times and can be an abuse of power.

5. certain lacking qualities in notifications, they now use tabs, which are generally quite stupid. I rather have them all in one box, or at least make it like Dev Art.

6. Generally, could use a report function in the forums for foul posts. Also, they need to reconsider their banning of people, some of them are just banned the day they joined cause they happened to create a series of rather simplistic posts, but not without a certain meaning to them.

Minitokyo: Devildude
Advantages:
1. Report button, works like a charm

2. Cheap scans and download quota, which is a good combination.

3. General acceptance of wallpapers are both good and bad, because everything just goes in without any problems, a lot of crappy walls just upload themselves, harvesting among the many great wallpapers, which is seriously not a good thing altogether. But again, it encourages beginning wallers to try harder cause they can see their works being approved. (and not really get punished beside a deletion of their works (low effort))

4. Scans and wallpapers have a 5 mb cap, which means only the most absolute highest qualities, and I must say I love that. AP sucks at this with their limits.

5. Overall forums have more people participating.

6. great notifications system, user friendly. HTML userpages (thank God Sheqel), easy use skin builder (I hate CSS whatevers).

7. chat lounge, greatest advantage yet, AP sucks when it comes to allowing a space for breathing.

Disadvantages:
1. Thanks to all the easy access, serious violators of the policy comes in all the time, from hentai walls, ripped walls, and whatever...it just amazes me.

2. Seriously needs a huge button for the policies at the side, which has been ignored, although upon registration it is a good idea to place a quiz or something there.

3. Needs a system of approved walls for high quality (or above a certain level) submissions, so people don't just come in submit and.....get deleted after and whine all day.

4. oh well, although it has gotten better, mods are still having a little lesser communication in and around the community.

5. There is no anime songs or songs request place, which could be useful actually.

that is all I think, hope this is a good comparison.

merged: 02-08-2006 ~ 03:33pm
Oh and one more thing AP gains papers instantly, and you can SEE them.
I like it better that way, seeing them is one thing, but having instant gain is really something I prefer. but that doesn't matter much, as MT has its own ideals.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Natsuki-MaiHime

Natsuki-MaiHime

"I have wait so long for this"

I vote Minitokyo, because Minitokyo is better than Animepaper

Signature Image
"Will you kill someone you love, because of love" - from Ga-Rei -Zero-
Visit my gallery: http://natsuki-maihime.minitokyo.net/gallery/
In love with Touhou series. :x

Devildude: The filesize cap only applies to wallpapers. Scans do not have filesize caps.

It is unreasonable for a 1024x768 to have filesizes larger than your average 1600x1200 wall.
I have seen 1024x768 wallpapers going over the 1 meg filesize which I believe is ridiculous.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

but most of my walls have high detail, and I intend to keep them like that without minimizing the detail.
hence why I say so, even if it is only wallpapers, it still affects generally. at least for me.

Signature Image

There's an option called "save for web"

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I am using that, but i like better when it was 100 %

Signature Image

There is little difference in quality when saving in 70% versus 100%.

Your eyes won't even notice the difference when compared side-by-side. For a lower filesize, you get the equivalent to 100% quality.

i don't like the animepaper.net at all ! bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.........
for the website make "monney" with the picture which is submited by fans
i hate the behaviour
and the websits' system is bad

merged: 02-10-2006 ~ 10:25am
minitokyo is the best of all

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I swear the people at Animepaper have something against me. They never take my submissions and tell me scans are duplicates when they are not, and they jump all over my case for asking simple questions.

For that reason, I choose MT.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

http://dengpeng.animepaper.net/

For someone who has just joined 1 month ago (in AP) with zero participation, you sure make a lot of noise.

And I think you hit the "AP leecher limit" because you just download wallpapers without participating in the forum.

Looking at your MT Guestbook posts by moderators, I can only assume that you attempted to upload the same crap into AP's Gallery. Hence the negative papers due to rejection.

@Angelkate
You say the scans aren't duplicates? Have you ACTUALLY check the Gallery first before submitting? Everytime I had a scan rejected/deleted on the basis of duplicate scans, it's always true as they claim.

And imagine them having to check through all those Gallery pages especially those from Naruto, Saint Seiya, FMA and Gundam Seed everytime they process a scan for approval (the amount of scans in those categories are overwhelming).

A scan is also rejected if the same characters are in the same pose regardless of the background.

DracotheNewbie

Nor Will nor Strength alone

I just voted accidentaly for the Animepaper and honestly i did not mean to. I will go just neutral because first i have not seen how is Animepaper and what you can and cant do and second, i havent had any problems with Minitokyo or any aspects from it.

I really like to participate in Minitokyo, even though i have not contributed with any artwork, but if i have to choose between any of the two i might choose both because in my opinion, maybe one can complement the other in some aspects.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by kiopi
@Angelkate
You say the scans aren't duplicates? Have you ACTUALLY check the Gallery first before submitting? Everytime I had a scan rejected/deleted on the basis of duplicate scans, it's always true as they claim.

Yes....I wanted to submit a Tokyo Mew Mew scan. The TMM gallery at AP is only two pages and I looked like three times to be absolutely sure it wasn't there. And I got a "submission rejection notification" telling me it was a duplicate.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

While the two sites are very similar and cater to the same general population, can't one enjoy both? Whatever I don't find on one I generally can find on the other. Besides like Devildude noted, both have their pros and cons. At the end of the day, while my allegiance is (obviously) first and foremost to Minitokyo, I'll still check and contribute to Animepaper nonetheless because I enjoy what both communities have to offer.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

kiopi
i think you make a mistake
when i find the animepaper.net sell our submit
repeat "i hate the behaviour"
so i delete all my submit that's why you see my paper is -3900
and i never download wallpaper on animepaper.net ( i swear)
because i like scan
i download walllpaper less than 10 on MT so far
i'm sorry for making a lot of noise on AP
at the end i will say MT is my home,i like it very much

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

Quote by chaosmongoosei cant decide. I mean animepaper has a few pics, but no scans. BUT they are free. here we have a massive gallery but Sadly it will take forever to get them since we have all these restrictions! Plus this site has to many rules for an anime site. so i can't decide

~AP has lots of scans and they AREN'T free. You are required to pay "papers" to download them. Those "papers" are very similar to MT's credits. AP kept his gallery very clean, by allowing only VERY good quality scans (and wallpapers) to be uploaded... those that passed the moderator's inspection.
~AP has very high restrictions too, if you're unaware. I bet you've never submitted any gallery item there before.

Animepaper
Adv.
- Downloading wallpapers are free. (though there's a daily restriction)
- The wallpapers and scans there are of certain level of quality.
- Larger thumbnails. I can see more details on the thumbnail before I decide whether or not to download it.
- Maybe because the moderating at AP is more strict and the materials shown to us have already been filtered, AP seemed to have less complaints, less rippers, less poor submissions, less duplicate scans and threads.
- Easier navigation.
- Seldom see "half scans" in the gallery. Their scans are joint and in one whole piece.

Disadv.
- I think their scans are expensive.
- I always have problem visiting the site because of the IP address I'm using here in Singapore. Someone else got banned and I got affected. (-_-")
- I don't know if it's just me but...the Search function in their forums don't seem to work. :(

Minitokyo
Adv.
- Personalised layout and userpage.
- Significantly larger gallery. (although I know its partly because of the duplicates and low quality scans) Some interesting pictures do not come in high resolutions but I do not want to miss them.
- When you submitted something, it gets through immediately.
- D/ling scans is cheaper.

Disadv.
- Many rippers.
- For a large gallery, it has its cons too. eg. Having to go through 20+ pages of scans before you submit one scan. (...)

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

i think MT's scan is much better

akai...their search function has been upgraded when they switched over to APv4.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 84 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.