Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of the SAT? - Minitokyo

What do you think of the SAT?

What does the word 'test' do to you?

Nothing
10 votes
Make you Happy
2 votes
Nervous
8 votes
Mental Break Down
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

KuramasExlover

KuramasExlover

Rabbit Steps

What do you think of the SAT and its yearly testing? Personally I can't stand it. XO

There doesn't always have to be an end to something

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

i only have 2 things i cant stand about it:

1. it takes forever to take it
2. it's worthless

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

*cough* hate it* cough*

And now with the newer version I have to wake up earlier and stay later... but at least I got a raise... I work for CollegeBoard... >_< Between the SAT and the ACT, I would recommend taking the ACT if English is one of your strong subjects. I did so much better on the ACT than on the SAT! But then again, I'm not a big fan of standardized testing in general... all it tests is your test taking abilities...

Signature Image

Gluttony

Gluttony

To eat, or not to eat...

wow.. SAT.. don't even get me started.. they make it gayer and gayer everytime.. Now there's another section?! thank God I took my SAT (old version) before the newer version came out.. That would've sucked butt... And SAT isn't really a good way to determine someone's intelligence.. It's just not eveyrone's a great test taker.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I hate it. I'm going to take it this year maybe in May or June. I'm also going to take two SATIIs on the same day. *sigh* I have to study hard but time is a huge problem for me.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

Machika

Machika

Angel of the Night

OMG! SAT is worse nightmare! I hate it so much bit still have to take it x_x and I have to score above average otherwise I'll let my mom down. It's a huge pressure for me :sweat:

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

SAT sux0rz.

Between you and me, I was careless about this test last year and shruged it off. I missed a good chance of trying the test, since I got a waiver. What a waste... but I can still grab some waivers now. So far, from the pratice lessons, it really does make the MCAS look like a joke.

SAT is such a pain. You have to pay the fee, which is either 40$ or above, (WTF?) or convince your guidence couselor to give you a waiver. Then you have to study for a test that takes place at some other location on a Saturday morning. Then you have the pressure of wondering what score you got.

I still got 2 months before April... plenty of time to prepare for the Math section... and then I got May or June left.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

sat's are such a waste of time that barely measure anything. -_-

SAT's are a waste of time.....even my SAT classes, my teacher said its just a stupid test where white people from harvard sit down and write up stupid question........>.<

I dunno about SAT's, but if they're done at the end of Yr 12, like the HSC, then I'm rather inclined to agree they suck.

If everybody knows just who you are, then your walk on role becomes a major part. Have you ever attempted to be yourself? When everybody wants you to be someone else... Going up and down and back again..

natsume44

natsume44

Yamapi Fangirl

I've never taken the SAT. All the colleges in my region perfer the ACT, which is much better. It's like it tests your ability to think through problems unstead of your actual knowledge, which makes it the easier one. Unless of course, you're ridiculously smart, which makes you very lucky.

HB13

HB13

Kaiten Kensai

SAT is just another test (get used to it, you'll be tested in your life constantly: high school, college, licenses/permits, job qualifications, competitions, etc).

Once you get up to the higher tests, the SAT looks like a cakewalk (I am so not looking forward to doing a dissertation, defending a thesis, applying to med school, taking medical exams XO ). Just remind yourself that before you can go off and do some of the "better" things in life (buying a car, getting a job, vacations, getting married, having kids, etc), that you have to pass these trials of life. Always remind yourself of your goals.

"The Way of the Warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between live and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved."
-Yamamoto Tsunenori, Ha Gakure (Hidden Leaves)

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

an IQ test would work MUCH better than the SAT

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

Seito

Seito

525,600 minutes

I hate it...

It's one for more thing to worry and stress myself over when I never do good in it anyways. I hate taking it cause it's so quiet and I usually end up freezing to death during the test.. I agree with everyone when they say it's a waste of time and money and doesn't do much to test your intelligene. I didn't even learn anything when I took prep class (except how to skip the hard questions). Yes... a waste of time and money, yet here I am still stressing about it... Damnit... it's like almost having a nervous breakdown... >.>

I really hate it...

[ppls what is "SAT"?] to be honest tests are rly nothing to me -_-" whats so scary about it? just another paper of qz that u have to do in a certain time. get used to it =D

SAT's are meant to have a standard way of measuring performance, but it's not to one's advantage if he or she gets a nervous breakdown while taking tests. There's always pros and cons for standardized tests, but there has to be a way of standardizing performance.

Signature Image

I was nervous, SAT was such a big deal to me. =/

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Personally I hate it. I did fairly well but it doesn't seem to measure anything useful. A test doesn't really show that your a good person which I think is important too. However, since colleges use standardized tests as a way to pick people then I'll weather the torments of the SAT to get into a good college.

rukichen

rukichen

ruki

I did the SAT this year for the first time as project in the university. It was quite difficult cause I am not used to the american way of writing tests. I think too a IQ test would be much bether to mesure the study abillity. It took also way to much time. *nod* Everyone said after that, never ever again*laugh*

SAT is a test that allows those with certain abilities to win and others loose. The abilities are: quick-thinking, strong logical background on CERTAIN but NOT ALL fields, and similar traits.
It is a worthless test.
I have met students who are thousand times better than their teachers in terms of education and knowledge but they fail SAT test. I also met people who know little about a lot of things, but pass SAT with high score. Does that make those people with worse SAT score inferior in terms of educational capabilities? NO!
SAT is a pointless test, like rukichen said, an IQ test would be better than SAT. Although that would pretty much put one into psychology test, I agree!

"To know you have enough is to be rich." - Tao Te Ching

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

on of these days i am going to murder the SAT! and the equally stressful AP Exam! or maybe not i passed thoses. thank god.

it is so time consuming. 5 hours of nothing but testing. stressful testing at that. you cant do well on a test if you are stressed and nervious about. it just doesnt happen. then you get a horrible score then you have to take the damn thing again.

personaly, colleges need to find another way to figure out if students applying for enterence into their university qualify. the SAT is not the best way to go about determining that in my opinion. i have many friends that cheat on the SAT because it so stress. *sigh*

taking it again this fall. i hate my score. i would qualify for a good amount of universities already but daddy-dearest doesnt like it so i have to take it again ><

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

Standardized tests are pretty pointless, maybe even detrimental, because so much valuable, practical stuff ends up left out of the curriculum.

Eh... the only thing I don't like about SATs are the fees.
I find the test pretty easy, myself. it's just taxing because it's so long, but all the questions are really quite logical. (math section at least. Reading bores me. xD)

Still, I think the main reason it exists nowadays is to give the college board money...

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Soroga

Soroga

Is busy again

Me? One thing for sure: It's boring
Also, it's not as bad as having coursework and GCSE exams, so don't worry just yet guys ^_^ Enjoy your free time while you can <_<

Oh, and i voted "nothing" if anyone wanted to know

^_^

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.