Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ergo Proxy: A new series from the producers of Samurai Champloo - Minitokyo

Ergo Proxy: A new series from the producers of Samurai Champloo

Tagged under Ergo Proxy

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

Ephix

Ephix

Chibi Dark Elf

<3 1280x780... <3 the first scene (*drooooool*)

Also, is this going to be a weekly release? I haven't been able to find any english news on the frequency of the series.

Signature

"Sleep is for the weak. *yawn* DAMNIT!"

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

The next episode is schedules for release on Japanese TV on the 4th of March and is titled "Confession". The 3rd episode is scheduled for the 11th of March and is titled "mazecity".

I'm bursting with anticipation ^_^

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

hmm saw pics in newtype a few months ago n have been for it since... not quite sure what subgroup to stick to tho... just hope they won't stop mid series...

fao

When I saw the anime, I think it is seem as Ghost in the sell or Witch Hunter Robin.
I hope the story is more and more good.

Has anyone seen blogs on the first episode or anything? It's very promising but - maybe due to the subs - hard to follow. I'd love to hear what some other people made of it. I'm hooked but confu//?sed - anyone else feel the same?

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Here's a quick news flash: during the interview during most recent episode of the AYPodcast (Episode 25), the guys at Nanashi mentioned in passing that they will be picking up Ergo Proxy. It's nice to hear that a more-established group will be releasing it, though I do hope that they release in HD rather than compressing it.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

oh Nanashi do great subs. I'm a loyal follower of their Eureka 7 releases and although their releases are a little sporadic (ie/ they don't release them regularly), they still manage to keep up with the show.

Signature

man

the series seems to be really nice. Let's hope subs have same quality;)

It's something special.
Well,I am looking foward to it.

I wish i could live in Japan - HDTV simply rocks: HiRes and 5.1 sound is what every anime shoul look like ;). Ergo poxy is the best looking anime I've ever seen and the plot is quite good too (I hope it will be as good as graphics and sound for the rest 22 episodes).

And here I was wondering what this series was about after seeing all these great vectors of it on mt! :)
I love the character design of the girl...Now I'll really have to check out the series since the plot sounds interesting as well (I'll find the time somehow... :D' )

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

I've only seen the 'awakening' so far. Not alot I could comment on about it. Havent gathered enough info on it story wise. Animation is certainly amazing, which you should expect from the creators of Samurai Champloo.

Looking forward to seeing more of it. Though, right now finding subs is kind of hard, and I wont be able to watch anymore until I GET MY DAMN SPEAKERS FIXED! XD

Signature

Ultimaninja

The Ultimate Ninja

This sounds like a good anime to start watching...hope that fansub group does a good job with it!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

2nd ep has been released by YU & A-U ! I'm just about to watch it!

Edit: Pretty good ep. Some things are explained and the plot thickens. Also fair bit of action and animations is just as good as first ep.

Signature

Yay ! I'll jump on the bandwagon.
I love this series too. It's so wonderful.

One of my best series is samurai champloo, i´ll look forward for this one....... !

This show looks really good, but i have a strong feeling it's gonna have a rather large goth following. next thing i know, ill walk past Hot Topic (Goth clothing store) and see Ergo proxy stuff :P

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Wow... Ergo Proxy is getting pretty popular. There are now 4 fansub groups releasing Ergo Proxy episodes.

Softsubs (I think they've renamed themselves Yorushku Fansubs)
Jelly Caption team
Y-F & A-U (joint Yorushku (sp?) fansubs & Anime-United release)
Anime-Kraze

Anyone seen the Anime-Kraze release of ep 1 yet?

Signature

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I've been told that Jelly Caption is terrible. Also, many people report problems getting subtitles for the Softsub release, and the Yoroshiku one isn't all that well done. Anime-Jiyuu is a new group whose inaugural release is Ergo Proxy Ep 1, though I haven't heard anything about their quality. I'm not one to try out new groups; I have half a dozen or so preferred groups that I'll always stick to, and Anime-Kraze is one of them.

Quote by KidderAnyone seen the Anime-Kraze release of ep 1 yet?

It's certainly a very good translation and done in very high quality, as can be expected by so established a group as A-Kraze. It's also nice that they've provided both *.avi and and h264/aac *.mkv versions. Unfortunately, it's not in high definition.

*sigh* I guess you can't have everything.

s h i n s e n g u m i

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Just watched ep 3! They have an opening sequence and song now! Not sure who does the OP but I know for a fact that "Paranoid Android" is the EP.

I've noticed that so far they don't really continue events from the end of an episode to the beginning of the next. The end of ep 1 (Proxy vs Monster in Lil's bathroom) was only partly shown in a flash back in ep 2 and the chase between Vincent and Proxy from ep 2 wasn't concluded in the beginning of ep 3. I really hope they don't keep doing this since it ruins the flow of the show from episode to episode and it feels like I've missed something each time I start a new ep.

Signature

Val4s

Val4s

Weeeelander and proud to be!

An anime with Radiohead music in it is just to die for! I saw the first 2 episodes and it's really good!
Original and dark^^ In my top 5 already!

May contain nuts

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

A-ha! Looks like Shinsen-Subs has jumped onto the bandwagon as well. They're also doing dual releases, but it seems as if unlike Anime-Kraze, they may go HD for the *.mkv version. Whee!

Quote by Val4sAn anime with Radiohead music in it is just to die for!

To be honest, I hadn't ever seriously listened to Radiohead before, but after hearing Paranoid Android accompanying the credits, I went and snatched up a copy of Ok Computer and am seriously loving it. Who knew that anime could introduce fans to not only Japanese music, but to English music as well?

s h i n s e n g u m i

So far, Ergo Proxy has really got me interested. I'm really intruiged to find out who/what Vincent really is. There's probably some deep corruption too that has yet to be solidly shown in the anime. Can't wait till the next episode.

Oh and Pino is friggin cute hahaha XD

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

haha yeah Pino is ultra kawaii. I love how Vincent has a little sidekick now

Signature

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.