Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My part to help MT - Minitokyo

My part to help MT

What do you think if these ideas?

All great
2 votes
First is good
1 votes
second is good
1 votes
third is good
0 votes
fourth is good
0 votes
none
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

I don't know if it's just me but it seems that minitokyo is in a bit of a chaotic state with complants, unfairs changes and so on. I have a few ideas that my balance things out a little, I hope you listen.

1. The level system should be brought back and combined with credits and FDQ. I joined minitokyo after the third version was put up, but I knew about this place before that. I came on from time to time with my friends account. The level system was a good idea and I think it should be put back into play and heres how. Whatever level you are you should be half of what your FDQ is, increseed by one every two levels. I.E lv24= 12fdq, lv25=12fdq, lv26=13fdq. Also in addition with fdq being recharged everyday a set number of credits should also be added, not much sometihing like 3 or 4.

2. Because of this extramely large gallery I suggest that all images over 1 year old (53weeks) be free.

3. I also think the participation level on the frontpage be put to good use. To stop leachers and abusers if your participation level is bellow a certian number then credits must be used. But to those who contribute and have high levels, MT images should be free.

4. Once you download an image, if you download it again it shouldn't cost anything.

5. Also in addition with fdq being recharged everyday a set number of credits should also be added, not much sometihing like 3 or 4.

6. one last thing. it seems that many changes are around leachers. I say that for those who have been here more then 6 months and have participated, 1 day per month you can have unlimited downloads
Anyway those are some ideas I had. I hope at least one gets heard by the staff and gets put in. But if you have some ideas to then please tell.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

1)Levels are not going to come back ever no matter how many people ask. Sheqel himself even said the level system was given the axe and will never come back.

2) The problem with this is leechers would pray upon those first and DL them like crazy

3) This would cause too much division especially for those who cannot contribute as much to MT as other members.

4) why would you need to DL an image twice?

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Quote by Spystreak1)Levels are not going to come back ever no matter how many people ask. Sheqel himself even said the level system was given the axe and will never come back.

2) The problem with this is leechers would pray upon those first and DL them like crazy

3) This would cause too much division especially for those who cannot contribute as much to MT as other members.

4) why would you need to DL an image twice?

er, thanks for being the first to comment.

1) thats a shame, the levels seemed to be a real good idea.

2) let the leachers have the old images, though if they wanna keep up they need to get in the game.

3) then the level should not be TOO high, just enough to seperate the members form the leachers.

4) incase it dose not download right the first time. When I first came here the first few pics i saved, but didn't show the pic. I had to copy them to my computer so i had to redownload them, a wast if u ask me, plus if the worst happens, like your computers crashes and you lose ALL your pics then this feature would be real useful

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

in theory yes but the levels created too much of a division among members. Not to mention the insanely huge amount of spam people were posting just to get levels.

If only it were that simple. MT will never be a haven to leechers ever. That is why the DL quota was cut so drastically in an attempt to significantly lower the activity of leechers.

It;s easier then it sounds because leechers would then resort to spam comments.

Yes I see your point but then that would also help leechers. One download then they'd have access to every item in the gallery as many times as they want

Not so sure about getting free credits. People might resort to making multiple accounts in order to obtain what they want without doing much work

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature

Althoe i think those are good props (exept for the level one)
I'll have too support Spystreak, I personaly didn't care bout the levels, but some friend became very competitive cuz of it, ( thats how the perv club got initiated je, I was there XD )

bout the leechers... I'll have to support him too, just by reading whut Spystrak said I imagined the posibilities...

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

In response to 5: No. Credits are to encourage participation. If you got them for free there would be no meaning behind them.

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

4 -- I would actually like to see a flag / warning on walls that I have downloaded so I don't accidentally get something twice when browsing categories.

/[12356]/ -- Not too fond of those ideas.

Signature Image

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

6. Again I say leechers can just participate by posting spam comments and then get unlimited downloads.

Signature

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

Ok, I'll kick the thread! -lol

1. What they said. ^^ With the caveat that it would be interesting if levels were applied to something else besides downloads; i.e. bring back the shoutbox and allow ((Artistic Level + Participation Level)/20) Shoutbox uses per day, or something to that effect.
2. What they said. ^^
3. About the high level thing- if you were around during MT2 days, you might remember the "level 10" effect, to where lots of people hit level 10 and pretty much stopped contributing anything because they were too busy with their download purge jamming bandwidth. The day MT3 came up (and got de-bugged) it sped up a lot. The main concern would be the exact same thing happening.
4. If you mean timed-out pwn3d downloads costing credits on the refresh, that should be fixed already. If you mean more than 1 full, successful download, then I'm confused too- why would you need to download multiple times? Plus it would place extra load on the system to log every single image you've ever downloaded.
5. What they said. ^^ Defeats the purpose of the credit system.
6. Sheqel's actually hinted at something like that before if memory serves. The problem I'd see is trying to schedule something like that, since almost every time zone in the world is represented here. I'd say maybe have it as a completely random, unannounced thing, maybe 2 hours at a time at varying times, to reward people that check back frequently and are above some pre-set participation bar. But anything like that would be entirely up to Sheqel.

Hope that makes sense. Ciao!
:pacman:

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Timed out "pwn3d" images still cost credits or FDQ on refresh, I had it happen to me yesterday. Even after the changelog already said it was fixed.

Signature Image

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote: Timed out "pwn3d" images still cost credits or FDQ on refresh, I had it happen to me yesterday. Even after the changelog already said it was fixed.

The change was that corrupted images no longer cost to download. We have made it so that those images that are actually corrupt will display a different page and would not take you to the download page.

If you see a pwn3d image, then the pic is not corrupted and is still there and it's because your connection timed out. This still cost a download because unfortunately, MT cannot really control your internet connection.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.