Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Upcoming Adjustments to the Credit System - Minitokyo

Upcoming Adjustments to the Credit System

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 86 total items

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Well, this is an interesting introduction... I understand if long posts should be encouraged, but short posts causing a deduction in credits? It like a quota has been imposed as to restrict and measure the quantifyable... Yet another reason to cause an upcry of loss of credits...

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

A decently sized single sentence has a character amount of around 50-70, so this seems good to me.

(The above sentence has 78 characters not counting commas, lines and punctuation marks, just to put it into perspective. See? It's not that hard.)

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

I suppose it's to stop posts like ok, neat, I agree with the previous poster and great +fav. We all have seen similar comments posted somewhere, but usually the post isn't allowed to be posted.

YaminoShinigami

YaminoShinigami

Yaoi Fangirl

I think it's a good idea that encourage also the non-artists. 50 letters aren't so difficult to put in a sentence. I'll try to make my non-english brain work ^O^

Signature Image

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Its the bane of those who are not english-proficient; but I suppose that's not a problem, as far as I can see around these threads which are produced and from the quality of the posts.

battlespunk

battlespunk

Stop Breathing, It Tickles.

Well, I was thinking this was bad until I realised how little 50 characters is since usually I'm not a person for many words.
PS. the caharacter limit was hit at the end of "realised".

Signature

Darowin

Darowin

Oogly Boogly

Wow. Thats big. I think they should add a word counter. Then i would make my post just above 50 ( like 51 duh), N not loss the credits.

I wonder what happens if u quote sum1?

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by chaossnakeI HAVE A QUESTION! about the short comments losing credits. dose that apply only for forums? or does it include guestbook, club gb, gallery items, ect. i dont think it would be fair if someone asked a question in a club gb and i said a simple yes, or something like "it might be" and lose credits. someone answer me please.

merged: 02-24-2006 ~ 01:48pm
also another question, about the 50 limit. if i type something that is 54 long, but notice a little after it said the same thing twice and delete it which makes it 48 will lose or gain? or the opposite, if i type something that is 39 long, but later come back to edit it which brings it up to 58 what will happen? also what about mearges and this? also has this started yet?

Quote by EternalparadoxThe credit system will apply to galleries, group comments, and review comments. The same reasoning applies to all these cases, as we want to reward members who make genuinely meaningful comments while prevent others from taking advantage through spam.

^answer to your first question

Editing posts does nothing you don't lose and you don't gain. Same thing for quoting it does jack squat. You don't gain and you don't lose credits. Merging same thing nothing happens. Yes this has been in effect for a while now

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Maiku21

Maiku21

A simple Otaku

Umm after reading all thoughs posts
i still dun get it
how do you rise up your credit?

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by Maiku21Umm after reading all thoughs posts
i still dun get it
how do you rise up your credit?

Posting comments in the forums that are not spam ie one word posts or posts like WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH NARUTO IS COOOl and posting constructive comments on gallery items ie posting a comment that helps the person improve on their work and not just posts says I love it great job.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Now that the credit system has been in place for a few weeks without any hitches, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 86 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.