Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lullaby 2 then - Minitokyo

Lullaby 2 then

page 1 of 1 6 total items

kateChan

kateChan

Zoro's mine! ^.^

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8905/lullabykopia4hw.th.jpg
Ok, mayby this time it will go... I know it's very simple and all, but I'm still learning how to make wallapapres ^_^'

Well what popped out to me immediatley was that your scan is of a very low qualitiy, it's blurry and has some artifacts, so you might want to look for a better version or try to vector.
Hope I'm not too rude ^_^'

Moar Plz Project @ The Planning Board ~ You know you want to.

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

* Like Erderbeermilch said, the scan is very low quality. You could try cleaning it up with some careful smudgling, or your could try vectoring it. However, this scan looks a bit complicated if you've never vectored before; you may want to begin with something simpler.

* The bg is pretty simplistic; it looks like a stock photo or some cloud brushes. You should add more: birds, textures, etc.

* The placing of the music is a bit strange. You've given it a major place, but it doesn't really contribute any meaning. Perhaps you should stretch it across the bg, with other music and text brushes to break up the straight lines. Of course, you wouldn't want to overdo that either, or you'll just get a mess.

* The title is strangely placed. It looks like you're just trying to avoid the music, so it looks less important than the music. The font is also a bit out of place in comparison with that of the music. & tip: wavey text doesn't make a statement like straight text does.

Hope this helps. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

I love the pic of vivi but as they said the scan if of pretty poor quality. I would look forward to a cleaned up version or future work fellow Nakama. :)

as the rest have mentioned the scan is of very low quality not only that but i think it is the wrong scan for the job even if it was high quality. people enjoy listening to music it can liven the spirit and bring a smile to peoples faces where as she looks extremly board and is yawning. The music notes are very stiff and look like they have just been put there to add to that empty space with not much thought. if the music was flowing like the title it may help by given the impression that it is playing or being played with maybe a few extra usic notes here and there if needed, but dont over do it.

the font for the title is completely wrong it is quite rigid and the first few letters are not that clear to read. and as blusake mentioned the background looks like a stock photo of the sky that has just been put up as the background.

the first thoughts that copme to my attention if doing a wallpaper about music s having someone with a musical instrument holding it playing it or haveing people dancing with music notes around and about in a subtle but clear way that doesnt interfear with the scan itself.

good luck with your next walls and you say you are still learning so make sure you play about with the software you are using for a few hours a week so that you dont lose touch on how to use it

Signature Image

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Like all the people before says, the scan have a very low quality, and like twisted comment, even if you find it with HQ, the scan dont fit with the concept of the wall, maybe searching for a scan with a character using a musical instrument will fit with the concept.

About the background you can add stars, more clouds taken from stock photos or birds, like blusake poin it the placing of the music is weird, maybe you can try just adding musical notes or try a brush pack from here that have musical notes.

The text, im not a big fan of text with that kind of effects, maybe you can leave it in normal and pic some fancy font like porcelain.

Anyway, hope it helps

K I R A B O S H I !

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.