Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Rahxephon - question about - Minitokyo

Rahxephon - question about

Tagged under RahXephon

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Don't know whether this is the correct place to ask question

I just finish Rahxephon tv series recently, there is so many ? over my head

I can't really understand the ending, anybody care to explain to me:

1. the ending, is that a new world created as ayato wish, which ayato and haruka live happy every after? (and quon become thier daughter?)

2. If ayato is the one who will recreate the world, why terra take ayato in? The commander (jin n other old folk) already know purpose of existence of ayato, why he help ayato? Shouldn't terra just get rid of ayato so everything solve?

3. Since mu want ayato to recreate the world, ayato mum and his friend also know that, then why mu wana still attack ayato,? If ayato die then what mu gain?

4. Why mu and terra wana fight if both of them know they are going to cease exist anyway? (those guys in terra and barbem, ayato mum the leader of mu, they all know that) What are they fighting for?

5. from what i heard movie is just recap from the pov of haruka, but is there any extra explanations in movie? I didn't watch the movie yet and I don't think I can get that, feel free to spoil anything.

ps: the name may not be correct, different fan sub different name

Feirai

Feirai

Bringer of Light

hmm i watched it recently and after a few eps I decided not to use my brain to follow the show anymore cos it was not making sense to me.....the ending few eps was even worse. At the end I was like ?!.....damn I wasted my time. ^_^'

"He does not love who does not show love" - Shakespeare, The Two Gentlemen of Verona

I'm not sure I could answer most of those question, got to rewatch series...As for the movie, it is a recap however, there are differences between series and movie. It might help to understand the series ending from watching the movie. Given time, I might be able to answer more of your questions.

Quote by souji-samaI'm not sure I could answer most of those question, got to rewatch series...As for the movie, it is a recap however, there are differences between series and movie. It might help to understand the series ending from watching the movie. Given time, I might be able to answer more of your questions.

yea take ur time, i'll wait for the answer ~

anybody else still remember this anime ?

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

rahxephon was great, but yeah it confused the hell out of me. the ending made no sense. Maybe reading the manga or book would help.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

I love this series! There's just so much going on in such a short period of time... and there's a lot to read in the subtext that I just can't stop thinking of the meaning behind everyone's every single action.

Quote by coughargh 1. the ending, is that a new world created as ayato wish, which ayato and haruka live happy every after? (and quon become thier daughter?)

It would seem so...

Quote by coughargh 2. If ayato is the one who will recreate the world, why terra take ayato in? The commander (jin n other old folk) already know purpose of existence of ayato, why he help ayato? Shouldn't terra just get rid of ayato so everything solve?

Because not everyone knew that Ayato was a Mulian (sp?). It would seem that only members of the Foundation (all those related) and MU knew of Ayato's role in the recreation of the world. I think that, as far as everyone else is concerned, Ayato was just the Xephon's pilot. I mean, hardly anyone knew that he was even a Mulian (sp?) right.

Quote by coughargh 3. Since mu want ayato to recreate the world, ayato mum and his friend also know that, then why mu wana still attack ayato,? If ayato die then what mu gain?

Huh? It didn�t seem that his mom wanted to "attack" him. Control him, sure, but not attack. She believed that it was in his best interest, the proper path to become the instrumentalist, the one of least suffering (though also, consequently, the one of least freedom and experiences). Controlling Ayato, to her, probably meant the least suffering. I don't know, it would seem like something only a mother could do... and let's not forget that Ayato was also just a teenager ^^; he would have some issues with his parent... something like deciding his own future? (Don't we all?) Ayato's mom referred to herself as the conductor, and I would have to agree with that to some level. While she would favor Ayato, she had to keep the best interest of the whole in mind as well. Regardless of personal feelings (as I do think that she loved him as a son.. though, unable to show it), she had to make sure that the "musical piece" had a proper ending.
I think that Mamoru (his "friend") attacked Ayato because of Hiroko. I'm pretty sure that Mamoru liked her, but she liked Ayato... and tada! you get a love triangle going on. Pile that on to Mamoru�s role to "protect" Ayato, and well, he could have a jealousy thing going on too.

Quote by coughargh 4. Why mu and terra wana fight if both of them know they are going to cease exist anyway? (those guys in terra and barbem, ayato mum the leader of mu, they all know that) What are they fighting for?

I'm not sure about the series. I forgot if they said anything specific about it, but the movie did make a brief mention... The commander mentioned something about having Ayato fight for them because they want to... because they want to use him. When Ayato "tunes"the world, they don't want humanity to be forgotten, as opposed to if Ayato were to remain with the MU, wherein the world would be "tuned"to MU alone.

I think that it's because a lot of the world Ayato would create would depend on his experiences presently. As we've seen in the end of the series, Ayato and Haruka were together and Quon was there as well and there were even brief glimpses at the lives of his friends... why? because they are important to him. He recreated the world where they would all be happy. MU and TERRA are fighting (at least those who know of Ayato's role in the world's end/ beginning) to have a say in the future Ayato would create. Think of it as how an artist - a serious one - pours their heart and soul, complimented by their experiences and those around them, into their masterpiece.

Quote by coughargh 5. from what i heard movie is just recap from the pov of haruka, but is there any extra explanations in movie? I didn't watch the movie yet and I don't think I can get that, feel free to spoil anything.

The movie focuses on the relationship between Haruka and Ayato (and not Ayato and however many other girls "loved" him)... it's actually really sweet and I liked the ending for this as well. ^^ At least, it wasn't as confusing as the series, watching the movie for face value and using the series as a compliment... but -sigh- to try and use both simultaneously to explain is just too confusing.

Ayato's mom - Maya - confessed that she was the one that was to pilot the Rahxephon but when she remembered her identity and duties as a Mulian (this is when her blood turned from red to blue), she was already pregnant with Ayato. She said that she didn't know why, but she just decided to have him (I'm guessing, she meant instead of having an abortion) and thus, her duties as the Rahxephon's pilot transferred to him.

There was also a bigger emphasis on the theme about the importance of memories... despite what reality is.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

thanks zephryn, thats explain a lot

now come think about it, all of them, Terra and Mu are struggle to build a better 'after world', so they die trying to do all kind of thing to Ayato.

if i am one of them, i know there is a guy gona 'reset' me, what i will do ===> let see who reset who first, i ain't going to stand there and get reset ........

I actually have a few questions, for anyone willing to help me out.

[1] Kisaragi Itsuki (the professor that was "supposedly" Quon's brother or something)... I'm not certain as to who he is exactly. I can speculate, sure, but I'm looking for something more substantial. I mean, Ayato looked like him when the world was "recreated", right? And Itsuki had the same insignia as Ayato did as well... WHY? and HOW?

[2] Was it ever explained in the series whether Ayato was actually born from a mother and a father or was he just some experiment that grew up from some genetic experiment with the MU? Because, I know that in the movie, Maya actually got pregnant with him and so forth... but the movie is obviously different from the series, so my question only pertains to the series. Anyone know?

I have a few more questions to add... but get to them later.

|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

[1] I think Itsuki is Ayato's younger brother. How, I'm not sure...

[2] Ayato was born from a mother and father. He's not some experiemnt.

Quote by lilmi1[1] I think Itsuki is Ayato's younger brother. How, I'm not sure...

[2] Ayato was born from a mother and father. He's not some experiemnt.

Thanks for responding... but nevermind. Apparently, Itsuki and Ayato are brothers and he and Ayato are actually clones created by the Bahbem Foundation... actually, clones from Quan's cells. The 'father' being Watari Shirow. They were separated later on with Ayato going to Maya and Itsuki remaining in the Foundation. The age difference can easily be attributed to the Tokyo Jupiter barrier.

Of course, this is only for the series, in the movie, Ayato is Maya's biological son... I guess that would explain the difference in the end scenes (of the series and of the movie). The series had an Itsuki looking older version of Ayato and the movie - shown in Haruka's photo album - just has Ayato looking like himself, but older.

Wow, my head hurts. I'm going to have to double check all that at a later time though I have no inital concerns with cogency.

I found that information at: http://www.kenoki.com/nko/faqs.html.

Why is it that RahXephon doesn't seem as popular as it ought to be? I mean, I doubt that I'm the only one that thinks that this is a great series... People are seriously missing out.

Thanks for the great website, bunch of explanations there, the particular 'timeline faqs' clear all my doubts.

Personally I like this anime, or should I say I make myself like this anime, many great and unique plot ideas can be found in this anime. But I have a biggest complaint, can't they make the anime a bit more understandable? I really hate those anime which leave too many unanswered question. From the 'timeline faqs' I can understand whole picture about the origin of Mu and the world, can't they include it in the anime? (look, i still don't kow why they are fighting even after i finished whole series if i dod't ask, thanks for answering my question :) )

Still, this anime is not that missing out by most people, despite RahXephon is old, it still placed all-time top200 anime in www.animenfo.com

Quote by cougharghBut I have a biggest complaint, can't they make the anime a bit more understandable? I really hate those anime which leave too many unanswered question.

Aw, but that's the best part. I love animes that make you go " o_0 " then " x_x ". There just seems to be a lot of subtexts in the series and that's why hardly anything is explained straight-forward. Personally, I prefer this kind of anime, it makes you think.... it also makes you watch it over and over again looking for answers. Actually, I still have to go back to get some of my answers. For, while I do like that website I posted, I'd rather find my own answers. I'm pretty sure that it's possible to get all questions answered from the series alone. Er, at least, I'm set on finding out if it is. :)

But it's also really interesting because there's a lot of other things that you have to have fore-knowledge of to fully grasp what they're trying to say/ explain such as Lewis-Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, Robert F. Young's short story The Dandelion Girl, the Mayan/ Aztec cultures and so forth.

Acually, another really good place too find some interesting things on RahXephon is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahxephon

Quote by cougharghFrom the 'timeline faqs' I can understand whole picture about the origin of Mu and the world, can't they include it in the anime? (look, i still don't kow why they are fighting even after i finished whole series if i dod't ask, thanks for answering my question :)

Didn't they include that information in the anime? Hm... it was explained, but I think that it was information given in the movie. Yeah, I think it was.

Quote by zephrynThanks for responding... but nevermind. Apparently, Itsuki and Ayato are brothers and he and Ayato are actually clones created by the Bahbem Foundation... actually, clones from Quan's cells. The 'father' being Watari Shirow. They were separated later on with Ayato going to Maya and Itsuki remaining in the Foundation. The age difference can easily be attributed to the Tokyo Jupiter barrier.

I don't agree with that, however I might wrong but isn't Ayato born from Maya who is Quan's younger sister? Ayato's father is one of the higher leader of Terra, I've searched for his name, guess I'll have search the DVD's tomorrow. It even says it in the TV series. I know Maya and Quan are sisters, its plain as day in the Japanese audio, when Maya says "Nee-san".

Quote by souji-samaI don't agree with that, however I might wrong but isn't Ayato born from Maya who is Quan's younger sister? Ayato's father is one of the higher leader of Terra, I've searched for his name, guess I'll have search the DVD's tomorrow. It even says it in the TV series. I know Maya and Quan are sisters, its plain as day in the Japanese audio, when Maya says "Nee-san".

Maya says so herself, after Ayato returns to Tokyo Jupiter, that if she could have, she would have liked to have been the one to have bore (given birth to) him. You should check though, in case I'm wrong (I don't have the DVDs with me right now). As of right now, however, I have no reason to think otherwise, though I do have questions about the Bahbem Foundation.

Anyway, that's the series. In the movie, Maya is Ayato's biological mother. I don't know why they'd change things like that - between the series and movie - it just confuses people.

You're right about Ayato's father, though I forget his exact position in TERRA. As for Maya and Quan being sisters... I'm still wondering about that, but I suppose they are.

Quote by zephrynMaya says so herself, after Ayato returns to Tokyo Jupiter, that if she could have, she would have liked to have been the one to have bore (given birth to) him. You should check though, in case I'm wrong (I don't have the DVDs with me right now). As of right now, however, I have no reason to think otherwise, though I do have questions about the Bahbem Foundation.

Now that you mention that, I remember something like that. As far as Maya and Quan goes, I'm positive about them being sisters, from when Quan goes to the ship Maya is on or one of the other air borne ships. The rest, maybe someone should contact Bones Studio and see what they say, lol.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

Perhaps u guys will like to take a look at the new Shrine-of-RahXephon group :)

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8765/bannerraxgo3.gif

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

Xelestial

Dragon of Light

Just wanted to answer these questions as I finally feel I figured out the series.

1. The ending in the series is that the world became as Ayato wished it. I think his wish was for everyone to be happy and for that to happen some changes had to occur between relationships. I also suspect he merged with Itsuki.

2. They needed Ayato to fight the Mu. Without Ayato, the Mu's vision of the world would have come true, and the world would have been remade without humans.

3. The Mu I think, were trying to attack Terra but Ayato piloted for them. I don't believe they were really trying to kill Ayato, they were waiting for the time in which they could get him on their side.

4. Mu wants a world without humans. Terra knows the world will end anyway, but Ayato gives them a fighting chance. Bahbem simply wanted to see his creations come to completion.

5. The movie did explain well. It is a recap but yet things happen different in there. You hear different conversations, different sides. They change some relationships somewhat and the ending is what would have happened if Ayato became a Mulian instead of choosing to remain human.

"Music is well said to be the speech of the Angels..."

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.