Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Freedom of speech clash with religion - Minitokyo

Freedom of speech clash with religion

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Most people are aware through newspaper, TV and via internet the violence that is spreading over Muslim anger over Danish newspaper publishing caricatures of Prophet Muhammad. Initially the cartoons caused minor uproar in Denmark when it was first published last September. However, when the images were reprinted by other European newspapers then hell broke loose.

Islam prohibit any representation of Muhammad. Western view is that of freedom of speech. Where has tolerance gone? I feel violence will tarnish Islam. Protest could have been done peacefully and also with economic boycott to show displeasure and show the financial clout of Muslim nations.

I would like to hear from any members of their view over this matter.

First off, hell broke out not when other papers published the images but when high leaders within islam got information of the pictures.
Then when the flagburning started, other papers began to publish the cartoons to show support for the danish paper that first publised them. Think that is important to know.
What else is important to know is that this whole circus could have been avoided if the Danish prime minister would have listen to the ambassadors from middle-eastern countries who wanted to discuss the cartoons when they first was published. But he rejected, again and again. The truth is that I believe that Denmark, my neighbour, is a bit "inwards" and intolerant. Ofcourse should you be able to publish what you want, (pictures of mohammed is not even forbidden in islam, if they are, please point me to the place where Allah say that they are) but what the danish paper did was not an expression of freedom of speach, that is just what they are hiding behind. The publication was stupid, and that is that. Just like the burning of flags are. And just like the death of a boy of seventeen is.
Both sides in this conflict are acting like a bunch of children, that is my opinion.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Because this thread's topic stems from and is centered around the caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed, I think we should focus the discussion in the existing thread on this topic: Drawings of the Prophet Muhammed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.