Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Will your computer be able to run Vista? - Minitokyo

Will your computer be able to run Vista?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

I really wouldn't bother buying it, unless you are going to get a new computer by the time vista is out...

Darowin

Darowin

Oogly Boogly

but y shd people switch 2 vista, i think its not good.

also micrsoft are making halo2 so that it only runs on vista

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by tanteikunBy the way, is longhorn the codename or vista?

Vista is the name of the operating system. Longhorn was the code name for Vista, and is also the name that is being used for the next-generation Windows Server operating system.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

oh yeah my comp can run it...but i wont buy it...it's WinXP with a bunch of crap tacked onto it to look pretty so screw it i aint switching and if i decide to switch it will be to Linux

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

As if it matters. Linux is the way to go, and I am hoping Windows will lose this 32 to 64-bit switch over.

As far as the question goes, my current box even in its crappiness could easily run it.

I am invincible!

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Keep in mind those are the minimum specs. I think the recommended ones are a bit higher. All of my machines (save my server) should have enough horsepower for Vista. My new laptop definitely will ;)

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

xshintax

Gif files are Compu$erve

I'll probubly just switch to Linux later on...

Wtf is your problem?!?

Why the f*** do I need to use proprietary filetypes in my signature and avatar? Stupid Minitokyo... STUPID COMPU$ERVE! Use png instead.

My comp sucks i ant run it.

I'm ready ready! :) My comp is a ok :D

A new hardware killer . How can I got so much money to buy these hardware ? So , Bill must share his money to every user of Windows OS . :sweat:

DarkChronos

DarkChronos

The Wicked One This Way Comes

well... my Pc has all requrements it needs, but i will still use Xp. Vista have so much things that i probably wont use so it will be a loss of resources after all :S

Sadly, my laptop was the end of its model line and will not be up to running Vista. I wasn't planning on upgrading anyway, since I'm happy with XP pro...however, I am considering buying a new computer within the next year.

Do you think it's worth waiting the extra time to buy a computer with Vista?

I would like to take advantage of the new os additions, but at the same time, I don't want to get saddled with all the bugs of a brand-new operating system...

I've an Athlon XP 3200+ (Barton Core) / GF6600 (TOP Limited Edition) / 1GB RAM.
Although this might be suitable to run Vista, I don't intend on using it.

Currently Windows XP is doing fine for my occasional game/video capture and all the rest is for Linux. I'll upgrade Xorg to XGL in the future, so I'll have pretty eyecandy as well ;)

Quote by SebastianvonKaneOf course it will because I'm using:
-Intel pentium 4 processor Xtreme, 3.4 Ghz, 2MB cache L2, dual core and HT (it includes ET64 technolgy, and disablebit technology.
-I've got 1536 MB's in RAM, DDR2.
-400 GB's in my HDD.
-I have an ATI graphic accelerator with 256 MB's DDR and 128 bits arquitecture. But as I read in the ATi.com article, it supports Vista with no problems.
I'm ready fot he coming OS.

merged: 02-14-2006 ~ 09:52am
By the way, Linux does already require most resources in it's latest versions.

merged: 02-14-2006 ~ 09:53am

merged: 02-14-2006 ~ 09:54am

Linux doesn't use much resources actually.
It only uses all resources to get over the tasks fasters.
But if another task needs the resources it will react really fast and free them ;)

1. A "modern" processor [AMD] [Intel]
2. At least 512 MB of system memory
3. A directX-compatible graphics card that supports the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) [ATI] [nVidia]

Anyway, i should be able to run it.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice Core, doesn't even go above 35°c while playing HL² if i may believe SpeedFan
RAM: 1GB Dual Channel DDR at 800mhz is always nice :)
And an onboard GeForce 6100 with 128mb shared.

Should work, but i just hate windows.

btw:
M$N = Micro$oft $pywar€ N€twork

This summer i'm going to get a network cable up to my room so i can use linux without needing to move my pc downstairs. Linux without internet is no fun :(

mine will, and i am higly looking forward to it! :)

I need more RAM (512 only) and a faster processor (Athlon 2200 XP now). Some time ago I installed some beta version of VISTA but I did it on some old 20 GB HD and Vista almost killed it. The swap usage was so big that HD barely make it.

my destktop can handle it
P4 3.0 ghz
1.5 gig of RAM
200 gb of HD...running out! 80gb external running out!
x700 pro ATI Radeon 256 mb

the only thing on my mind is should i get a laptop now and acquire vista later or purchase a laptop next year this time with vista already as the operating system. gah the choices!

dhunter

dhunter

Pantsman to the rescue

my current computer could possibly run the lesser version, but by the time I buy VISTA, i will certainly have a new, more powerful computer to run the big version

Signature
Are those... pants on your head???

Mine's Vista compatible,but I think I'll pass on the whole switch thing.A friend of mine gave me a BETA copy of Windows Vista,and it was cool looking indeed,but without anything installed on the OS except itself,I had only about 100mb of free RAM out of my total of 512.f!
cpu=amd Athlon Barton 3200+ at 2.2GHz
RAM=PC2700 at 333MHz
HDD=WD1200JB SATA 150
video=ati Radeon 9200 SE(yeah,I know,but it's just a matter of time)

Darkest secrets.Betray your friends.Look into the eyes of fear.Love the right person.Let go

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

And here's the official word from Microsoft: "Yes, Vista will be released in November of this year."

Read more at http://blogs.msdn.com/conblog/archive/2006/03/14/550826.aspx

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

RyuS

RyuS

mighty AhkiN

well mine should be able to run it, but I`m gonna stay with xp for a while at least untill I have proved it myself and saw if it`s really worth it.

my computer can. but i don't think i'll switch until i really have to. i'm sure it'll be a pain and the os probably won't be compatible with a bunch of things. i'll probably wait a few months until they have all the bugs worked out or the first service pack.

searching for faith
in the stars of your eyes

my computer has 3.0 p4 cpu, 1gb ram, ati 9800. it should be able to run vista.

I fail... PII 350, 96 MB ram, 4 MB video

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.