Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 R.I.P. J. Dilla - Minitokyo

R.I.P. J. Dilla

page 1 of 1 7 total items

biggsyke

Scanner

biggsyke

Has it come to this?

There aren't alot of hiphop fans here at Minitokyo and those of you who are probably haven't heard of Jay Dee, aka J. Dilla. This man was a legend, producing for The Pharcyde, A Tribe Called Quest, Slum Village, Common, and many others. He remained off the radar mainly because that's how he wanted it.
Sadly enough, J. Dilla passed away Feb. 10 due to complications from lupus (kidney disease).
Many of you may be thinking 'whatever'.
This man was so dedicated to his art that he even crafted beats when he was lying in a hospital bed dying.
You can hate on hiphop all you want but a legend is gone.
R.I.P. Jay Dee I break donut for you.

I'm the Spaceman, get used to it.

i only heard this on the radio yesterday. its a damn shame that such a talent past before his time. R.I.P

That's terrible news. And this cat had barely begun to craft tracks. If it wasn't for him, Slum Village's first & second albums wouldn't be as great as they are.

A friend of mine worships JayDee and Madlib and when they came together and did that compilation album, it was like a dream come true for him. It must have broke his heart to hear about what just happened. If the same thing happened to Pete Rock, I don't know what I'd do.

Thanks for posting the word up here. I'm sure your right and now many will care (considering the demographic), but know that there are some cats around that do.

Peace,
Soul Brother Ryusynoke

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

I heard about this, truly a pity. Hip hop and rap takes yet another heavy blow as another respectable artist passes away. What sucks is that most people out there won't even know who he was or what he did, they'll just continue to listen to their gay ass 50 Cent.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

RAP blows!

dont be noob~dont be idiot~dont be stupid~
and dont worry~be happy ^^ - Xwing

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

Quote by SimonProRAP blows!

I was going to comment on your statement and question your intelligence, but then I saw how old you were on your userpage and decided that I'd politely ask you to refrain from making immature statements in a thread that deals with a genre of music that you obviously don't like.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

biggsyke

Scanner

biggsyke

Has it come to this?

Quote: By Silent Knight:
I was going to comment on your statement and question your intelligence, but then I saw how old you were on your userpage and decided that I'd politely ask you to refrain from making immature statements in a thread that deals with a genre of music that you obviously don't like.

Yeah. Usually when one presents an opinion I'll listen/read their arguments and agree or repsectfully disagree. But come on, what was the purpose of this? You clicked on the thread and read it but why say something so immature?
Do you even know that it's Black History Month in the U.S.?

And R.I.P. Chris Penn and Coretta Scott King.

I'm the Spaceman, get used to it.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.