Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Official Minitokyo Control Panel Icon Contest Extended - Minitokyo

Official Minitokyo Control Panel Icon Contest Extended

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

News
The Control Panel Icon Contest deadline has been extended one week to Friday 10 March 2006.

Introduction
Do you remember the last time you took a look at the Minitokyo Control Panel and felt underwhelmed by the dull gray rectangular buttons? Admittedly, the bland buttons in the personal Control Panel and in group Control Panels do seem particularly out of place on a community with so much artistic talent, and therefore the Moderator Staff is pleased to announce the Official Minitokyo Control Panel Icon Contest, where YOU, members of the community, get an opportunity to make your mark on the look and feel of the website.

Contest Rules
All participants are to select three control panel icons of their choice (see complete list of icons below) to spice up and to submit to the moderator staff for judgement. Each control panel icon must be exactly 150x50 pixels in size and submitted in JPG format and must display the icon label prominently. Icons may feature a subject from anime, manga, an anime-style game, or may be abstract, though all three must be of the same general style (to promote consistency).

All submissions must be submitted to shinsengumi by Friday 3 March 2006, after which the moderator staff will select the winning set from amongst all submissions. The winners will then be commissioned to create icons for the rest of the buttons; in the case of a tie, one winner will create all of the buttons for the personal control panel, while another will create the buttons for the group control panels.

Please send shinsengumi a PM if you are interested in participating in this contest so that the moderator staff has a general idea of how many submissions to expect. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask. Any changes or clarifications to the rules will be indicated in this thread, so make sure to stop by regularly.

Icon List
Personal Control Panel
-Notifications
-Private Messages
-My Friends
-My Groups
-My Anime
-My Games [new]
-My Favorites
-Submit Wallpaper
-Submit Indy Art
-Submit Scan
-Submit Review [new]
-My Userpage
-My Gallery
-My Forum Threads
-My Forum Posts
-My Reviews [new]
-Personal Options
-Minitokyo Options
-Skin Builder
-Customize Userpage

Group Control Panel
-Moderate
-Announce
-Group Page
-Group Settings
-Group Gallery
-Customize Content

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

My oh my.... you must be so busy these days shin sama !

Well that is an interesting way of getting MT artists into the project, i'm sure there'll be a lot of response (gonna go advertise for that thread in some groups now :) ), it is really good to see you guys didn't forget about those options ;)

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

This is an awesome idea! I love the idea that there are going to be icon-ized buttons for that dull control panel. :) Nice idea to get people involved from the community and show the "style" of MT all at the same time.

Good luck to all those that enter. Create some great stuff, for we all will have to look at it quite often! lol XD

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

^^ Well, you could put it that way; it is an awesome idea! The mods are letting us do something big for MT,

OR, you can say that this is a way for the admin to cut some slack and give the work to the members; free labour.

Just my view. No offense. And good luck to those who are participating; make Momma proud! :D

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

i think its a good idea too.....ive been wondering when those boring grey things will disapear lol....i cant wait to see the winners icons....good luck to everyone...have fun!

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

This seems cool! Thanks for the opportunity! This feels very tempting to me, I'll think about it...
Good luck to everybody participating!

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

question
Will there be ONE winner who gets to do all of the buttons in the end? Or will you keep different artists for each row of buttons?

because then it would really look like crap, no matter how good each style is.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Cool! I think I might like to try this out. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

count me in this will defently will get some people working

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

Does the Bottons image style have to relate to what the botton is?

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote: Does the Bottons image style have to relate to what the botton is?

Members have full discretion over the style of art used, as long as it's within MT Policy limits. However, it is required that Buttons clearly have text showing what the button is. For example, a "My Favorites" button must have those words clearly shown. But the artstyle is up to you.

Quote:
Will there be ONE winner who gets to do all of the buttons in the end? Or will you keep different artists for each row of buttons?

Yes, one winner who gets to do all of them. Each contestant submits a sample for judging. The winner then makes all of them after we decide.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

What if we have finished? could we get suggestions on how to improve them before the due date or just submit them?

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

I will try to do some scheme of icons, but i think that this is something that must be done for a web design.

Which would be the background color for the button/icon? Should we use the MT colors? or those we liked?

see you

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by ZerlingoI will try to do some scheme of icons, but i think that this is something that must be done for a web design.

Which would be the background color for the button/icon? Should we use the MT colors? or those we liked?

see you

The background color and the like are really all up to the individual designers. We will not hold you to any particular color scheme or subject.

s h i n s e n g u m i

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

That's something good to hear, time to open photoshop :D

Machika

Machika

Angel of the Night

Wow..."Omoshiro dane!" The rules are easy to follow. I'm gonna start working right away.

tidus123456

tidus123456

The Venger

Hi , so i have
Just a question :
When I finished the buttons, in which format I must send them,I know
in JPEG, but one by one or all in a block (on the same image) Because
if I /understood well one must send 31 images separetely .

By the way , if one win one will exploit us still more....... not I laugh. loool

Bye

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

You can either send them all in JPG or you can ZIP/RAR them, whichever is more convenient.

s h i n s e n g u m i

Quote by tidus123456Hi , so i have
Just a question :
When I finished the buttons, in which format I must send them,I know
in JPEG, but one by one or all in a block (on the same image) Because
if I /understood well one must send 31 images separetely .

By the way , if one win one will exploit us still more....... not I laugh. loool

Bye

You should only be submitting three buttons as a sample right now...not all 26 of the buttons listed...

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

After reading that last comment by cyd84, I think that a clarification of my previous comment is in order. All of the buttons should be submitted as individual files and not as one really big file. For the contest, you need only submit three buttons of your choice, as indicated in the contest rules noted at the beginning of the thread. If you have completed your three buttons for the contest, you can either PM me the images individually or archive them together and PM me a link to the archive file.

Note: Because of the expected downtime due to the MT server migration, please send me your entries before the servers go offline!

s h i n s e n g u m i

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

Ok so the contest entries are over, you got mine I sent you a while back right? :\ Sorry I tend to worry alot.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

When will we know the winners?

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too...

merged: 04-08-2006 ~ 10:48pm
Ehehm, is this actually going anywhere?

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Don't mean to revive a dead thread, but well.... Where are the beautiful icons ?

I hope shinsengumi didn't take on the task of organizing everything alone, and therefore another mod / elite's post would be greatly appreciated to explain if the icons are gonna be implemented one day, or if the project's dropped :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.