Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Music for the mind - Minitokyo

Music for the mind

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

Music can be used to facilitate creativity and well-being--effects that have been studied scientifically. For example Mozart's music seems to have a positive energetic or "tuning" effect on sentient beings. Many spiritual traditions have cultivated the use of sound to create the same positive tuning effect in order to promote healing, inner peace, and enlightment. I enjoy many types of classical music that I listen to when in contemplation or during my studies. So I'm curious to know what type of music you listen to that orchestrate's your day, wether it's to help your mind incite creativity while working on school work or just relaxing.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
-Leonardo da Vinci

natsume44

natsume44

Yamapi Fangirl

Whenever I do home work or study, I almost always listen to instrumental music. I've never really liked classical, so I listen to soundtracks from movies like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Last Samurai, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke.

When I drive to school I just listen to things that I can sing along with, no matter what type of music, because it helps pass the time. However, when I drive at night (especially midnight - that's my favorite time to drive) I listen to groups like Keane, Coldplay, and Switchfoot, cause their stuff is calm and relaxing, which is perfect when you're the only one on the road.

Finally, when I'm mad, I listen to hard rock music. For some reason it calms me down instead of making me angrier. ^_^

I can't do my homework if im not listening to music XD

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

I guess that's the same for me as well, I need music to concentrate :D

-Leonardo da Vinci

you are wrong you think that you are concentrate but your mind is receiving two kind of information and at the end you have not memorizated anything

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

Quote by Battosaiyou are wrong you think that you are concentrate but your mind is receiving two kind of information and at the end you have not memorizated anything

Alright...thanks for the heads up there ~_~

-Leonardo da Vinci

I can work with or without music - if I work with its never too loud, though. I may sound freakish, but I've got a collection of mixed anime mp3's on my computer which I play - the majority are soft and instrumental, and relax me quite a bit.

OblivionCry

Typically Dumb Forever

mozart is cool. even kind metal, but still i like to have sigur ros or frou frou to play in the background for it not only inspires a bit but is also soothing

ambient musixc is the key word, for music for the mind, Kent (swidish band) is also nice to play, kinda like coldplay

pic to come
my amv profile: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=152016
i am rick james. bitch!!!!

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

I love music, all kinds. I really don't get it because most of the kids at my school only like rock music and bands like nirvana and green day. I do like them too but I like softer songs.

I find music to be distracting if I'm trying to concentrate on a certain task, for example studying or revising for an exam. Other people find it harder to study WITHOUT music, so I think it comes down to what you're used to doing, rather than if music has its own effect on the human mind.

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

Quote by ShujaaI find music to be distracting if I'm trying to concentrate on a certain task, for example studying or revising for an exam. Other people find it harder to study WITHOUT music, so I think it comes down to what you're used to doing, rather than if music has its own effect on the human mind.

Yea, I'm going to agree with you there. I guess it would have to come down to a person's preference.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Different kinds of music can affect your brain patterns in different ways. I think its to do with the tempo. Apparently, classical music in 4/4 timing is best for thinking and studying.

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

Quote by excaliburmogsDifferent kinds of music can affect your brain patterns in different ways. I think its to do with the tempo. Apparently, classical music in 4/4 timing is best for thinking and studying.

hmmmm...that's a pretty interesting fact, good thing I have my classical music then :D

-Leonardo da Vinci

ChinoMareno

ChinoMareno

This is a girl in the picture

Ambience is really awsome to paint to, bands like Explosions in the Sky and Sigur Ros offer calm and powerful music that doesn't invade your mind as much.

So id say its true.

Your avatar is an image which reflects your personality or an aspect of it. Minitokyo recommends against putting a female avatar if you are a male, and likewise for the other gender.

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

If I want to focus, I turn on something slow and nice, some instrumental soundtracks or maybe ambient. When it is to relax I put either some slow songs, alot of electronic/house music, some hiphop or nice rock. That all depends on the mood. But when I need a blast of energy and motivation, I fire up fast songs with a good beat or some hard rock.

up up and away

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

That's the same for me, except I dont listen to hip-hop ^_^' There is some hip-hop thats good, but it all kinda sounds the same to me.

-Leonardo da Vinci

I listen to various music, I kinda like having a general taste, coldplay is good though

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.