Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chrno crusade manga ending vs. anime ending... - Minitokyo

Chrno crusade manga ending vs. anime ending...

page 1 of 1 12 total items

chunli61

chunli61

Chocolate Queen

hmm can anyone tell me how chrno crusade ended in the manga? i've heard its totally different from the anime, but i cant find any site that has the translated manga or even tells what the manga ending is.

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

i've never read the manga, maybe it hasn't ended yet o.o?!

Nightshade

Nightshade

Shadow Eagle

Same as you,i've never read the manga,in anime that ending is very dissapointed I think,both of chrno and rosette are dead >.<

Signature

chunli61

chunli61

Chocolate Queen

ya i cant say the anime ending was great, it made me very sad lol, but i heard the manga ending was worse. ahhh i cant wait for it to be translated into english i want the manga now XD

Akiravinoe

Akira

I wonder how long till it get translated.

Taken from somewhere else:

Nearing the end of the manga, Joshua recovers his memories. Both he and Rosette reunited at last before the final battle, Joshua repented from having called Chrno a 'monster', and he helps Azmaria plus the other apostles.

As for Azmaria, at the end she narrates that Rosette kept on waiting for Chrno, but she wasn't certain if Rosette whether would lived for one more day or one more year.
Unlike the anime end, were she became a nun for the Magdala Convent and we saw her now as a teenager, in the manga end, Azmaria is a grown-up adult woman and likely a housewoman (the manga never implied whether she married or not)
It can be infered from the manga end that 10 years passed after Rosette's death, and Azmaria lead a normal, civilian life and kept wondering about the memories she shared with Rosette & Chrno. Grown-up Azmaria is holding the broken pocket watch and places it over a table where it stands the picture of the four of them (She, Satella, Rosette, and Chrno), that they took together on the night of the festival.

The time setting for both manga and anime is also different.
Whereas the anime takes place in the year 1928 and ends in 1929, following the Black Thursday (beginning of the Great Depression) Incident, the manga takes place in the year 1924 and likely might have ended in 1925.

Also notice that in the anime when Rosette's lifetime finished, the pocketwatch turned off, and then she died alongside Chrno, both holding their hands.
In the manga, however, Chrno crushed the pocketwatch breaking it but not destroying it.

Very Interesting i bet the anime ran out of thier budget and made a slipshod ending like in Love hina the anime

chunli61

chunli61

Chocolate Queen

ooooh thanx darkparagon! woo thats really different.

Quote by maguloristVery Interesting i bet the anime ran out of thier budget and made a slipshod ending like in Love hina the anime

This kind of ending, diverging from the manga, is pretty typical for Gonzo. I liked the ending though, can't understand all these people saying that it sucked.

kagomedemon

kagomedemon

Edward Elric's wife

I hated the ending of the anime for Chrno Crusade. How they died, was what made me a little ... lightened up. I don't know how the manga ended, but is it worse than the anime? *praying* please~ let it not be worse! > <

i heated also is not nice but in manga be different i willread it

Endheion

Endheion

~Reverseable Face~

The mang has different plot with the anime. There are some story in manga that not tell in anime version. I think it will have the different ending with the anime version

Signature
The shadow within me...

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.