Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 First Love - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 5 total items

bj0rn

bj0rn

Apostle Of Fate

Ok~ Just did this wall recently.. But just wondering if there's anything I can do to improve it?
I just added a forest in the bg and improved on the snowfall. Also added hearts. =)

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/217159/

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Like most of your comments have mentioned, because of a vectored character, your wallpaper looks excessively white and clean, it also looks empty, but I doubt that is anything wrong since it is very scenic and cool.
I also think that it is very pleasant to the eyes except it seems to carry a lot dead space, simple is nice, but yours lack that essense that makes simple walls good.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I think the empty space issue has a lot to do with the size and placement of your character.
Right now, the character takes up the whole left side of the wall...making the right side feel divided and unbalanced...especially since the tree is also on the left side of the wall, trapped behind the character.
Maybe if you tried either making the character smaller or larger so it's not exactly half.
Also, there is definitely a lot of white in your background...it would be nice if some of the soft pink color in the character was somehow carried across into the background...maybe a very light tinting on the trees or snow

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

The wall seems off balance since everything is on the left side. You could try moving either the girl or the tree to the right side to balance things out. Also, a tint to the BG would help (as was stated by someone else). The biggest problem I see is the empty space o nteh right and I've given a suggestion to fix that (I think).

Otherwise, I find the wall to be simple and nice.

"Mythology is psychology misread as biography."-Joseph Campbell
"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
— Albert Einstein
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."-Cicero

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Oh, great job! :) The tree in the background is really nice--I like the way you did the snow on the top of the branches. The snow on the ground and the sky are also very well done. :)

My only complaints about this wallaper would be that the trees in the forest in the background look a little stiff, unnatural, and uniform--it would look better and fit more with the rest of the wall if you varied them a little bit and added some shading, but I realize that this would be difficult, so it's not necessarily a "must"--just a suggestion.

I also don't really like the hearts... they don't seem to work that well with the otherwise "realistic" feel of the wallpaper, and seem slightly out of place, but maybe that's just personal preference...?

About the empty space on the right side that everyone has pointed out, my suggestion would be perhaps to add some text there to fill it up, which would give a nice finishing touch as well as fill up a bit of the space. But some people don't like text on their wallpapers (I do, though) so it's your choice.

Anyway, for the most part, you did a really good job on this wall and I am very much looking forward to seeing some of your future work! :) (okay, that sounded a bit cheesy.)

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.