Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fansub Anime - H.264 - Minitokyo

Fansub Anime - H.264

page 1 of 1 16 total items

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

I've been looking around and found that certain series have been encoded with a video encoder known as H.264. I have learned that this encoder is used in Apple Quicktime; however, there has been little in terms of programs available that are used to decode the fansubs. Anyone care to offer a little assitence since I've only managed to get an actual H.264 Encoder to startup, not any of the decoders.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

look for the combined comminity codec package or cccp as they call it. That will have every codec you need to watch EVERY form of encodes any fansub group does now a days.

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Here is a link http://cccp-project.net/ .

They also have a very good FAQ / Wiki that you should check out if you have problems or want to learn more about codecs and directshow filters.

Signature Image

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

also note that the h264 codec takes alot more processing power so about 1gb ram and close to 3ghz PC is recommended

Signature Image

Quote by speedfreek19also note that the h264 codec takes alot more processing power so about 1gb ram and close to 3ghz PC is recommended

That's an exaggeration! My 2GHz AMD setup does just fine with them.

Quote by speedfreek19also note that the h264 codec takes alot more processing power so about 1gb ram and close to 3ghz PC is recommended

It depends on the size of the clip and at the amout of FPS it's playing at.

H.264 requirements

Also at a CES 2006 show Nvidia demonstrated two clips
One with H.264 encoding and the other without.

The one with H.264 uses less cpu resource as oppose to the one
without the H.264 encoding.

You can try PowerDVD, WinDVD or Nero and see if they will play it.

link

Signature

Just use the CCCP. Also, if you have Nero installed, you might want to search around the Wiki for a solution, since having Nero makes it hard for you to play .mp4 files.

Signature Image

eiyu

eiyu

Procrastinating Otaku

VLC player plays about every format out there without installing any codec

for decode 264 install fddshow codec http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Getting+ffdshow or videolan.org (this player doesn't need codecs) as said eiyu.

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

I had problems with that, but then I downloaded the newest version of Klite Codec Pack full (which I use for some time now) and that solved the problem, since in these new versions of the pack this format is now fully supported.

up up and away

cmkmstephens

cmkmstephens

ARrrrrrrggg!

VLC is useless and outdated now, you have to use CCCP for many of the files. I personally hate h264 considering that it completely eat all the memory and processing speed.

Signature Image

I wonder if all this newer encoding software is really going to have as much effect on quality as the encoder's skill/knowledge itself. I mean, look at ANBU's Mushi-shi releases - only around 140mb per episode and yet looks unbelieavably clean and sharp, especially considering it is an 'older technology'. ;)

Obviously their encoder knows their stuff without having to resort to 'newer is better' philosophy.

I also hate how people are saying using x264 will help decrease file size. Yet, groups are still releasing them in 233 MB files...

Signature Image

You can get better results with manually aided encoding, that is encoding it a various rates and then looking to see which one is better, as higher bitrate isn't always higher quality.

CCCP is probably your best choice. I really hope more anime would be released in high quality H.264. Looks really nice on both TV on monitor

I dont really notice the difference between the encodes. I dont think it bothers me too much since I can play the files. H.264 is kinda a strange name to say to people. This one is Divx 6 or quickttime 7 right. Thats what i just tell everyone.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.