Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Viz Dubbing Full Moon wo Sagashite O_O - Minitokyo

Viz Dubbing Full Moon wo Sagashite O_O

Tagged under Full Moon wo Sagashite

Would you like Viz to dub Full Moon o Sagashite

Yes
19 votes
No
19 votes
Maybe
6 votes
Don't Know
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

kawaiisakura2

kawaiisakura2

Sakura Chan

OMG i cant believe that viz is dubbing full moon

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
kawaii XD

I think it's a good thing! I've been waiting for a long time for FmoS the anime to come over here. I'm very greatful actually ^^

kawaiisakura2

kawaiisakura2

Sakura Chan

well they better do a good job on dubbing it
especially mitsuki's voice and singing

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
kawaii XD

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

I am so worried about the voice over for Mitsuki's singing...Yikes! If it is anything like what they did to Lacus in GS...I will be horrified!

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

I am EXTREMELY apprehensive of whatever Viz does since they butchered X by Clamp. Since then they have systematically cut up many other manga (don't know 'bout anime though...) They had better be darn careful or else *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab* *stab*

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

kawaiisakura2

kawaiisakura2

Sakura Chan

Quote by moonelf313I am so worried about the voice over for Mitsuki's singing...Yikes! If it is anything like what they did to Lacus in GS...I will be horrified!

same here ^^;

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
kawaii XD

Quote by moonelf313I am so worried about the voice over for Mitsuki's singing...Yikes! If it is anything like what they did to Lacus in GS...I will be horrified!

yes, in a way I am too. There is a chane that they'll leave the songs as is. Most of the time voice overs dont include music. o.o;

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

What was wrong with the dub singer? I reckon she was great! Both dub and original Lacus's singing are perfect enough

I'd rather not have it dubbed. No english voice can properly replace mitsuki's voice.

[url =http://groups.minitokyo.net/japaneselover/]#JapaneseLover# [/url]

kawaiisakura2

kawaiisakura2

Sakura Chan

Quote by BacherI'd rather not have it dubbed. No english voice can properly replace mitsuki's voice.

i really agree .;)

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
kawaii XD

natsuki-hime

natsuki-hime

"There's no place like alone"

Quote by BacherI'd rather not have it dubbed. No english voice can properly replace mitsuki's voice.

yep same here. they just shuld not even dub it at all.

Signature Image
A big ThankYou 2 k1ru 4 the sweet siggy here.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

If you don't want to watch it dubbed, then stick to the subs. What's the problem? -_-

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

Quote by NorthyIf you don't want to watch it dubbed, then stick to the subs. What's the problem? -_-

Now THAT I can agree on. However it depends on how people think. But this answer just sums it all XP

ok i do want them to dub it but use different voices than what they have because i watched the first episode dubbed and my goodness i REALLY didn't like eichi's voice and takuto's i wasn't fond of either but mitsuki's grandma's was the WORST!

merged: 04-11-2006 ~ 12:18am
quote: from motokoryu yes, in a way I am too. There is a chane that they'll leave the songs as is. Most of the time voice overs dont include music. o.o; nope the messed with her voice too. for just a kid it's pretty ok. but for a singer it's no so good her voice is a litle lower than what i think it should be but it's still pretty good.

Phren

Phren

Kodoku no Koe

I actually like really Mistuki's speaking vioce more then anything. Probably the only character I've ever really noticed the vioce of from just her normal lines. Not to say the songs sounds bad, mind you. But a dub? Why does that vioce need to be 'replaced'? :O

What is our obsession with dubbing everything? I can;t say I've ever found myself grateful that something was dubbed.

Except Godzilla, but that's just for the fact that it's fun XD

(end of my stupid 2 cents)

.../X\(. .)/X\ *scuttle*

i don't think it should be dubbed. it just wouldn't be the same without the songs and mitsuki's voice/singing because the whole sieries is partly based on it. not that a dub would be bad, but i really like her voice and the songs.

I watched the dub, and didn't like it very much.. Basically none of the voices matched, imo.

There was also the really bad mispronounciation of Wakaouji. [They were calling him 'walk-ah-oh-gee' instead of 'wah-cow-oh-gee']

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Quote by PhrenWhy does that vioce need to be 'replaced'? :O

What is our obsession with dubbing everything? I can;t say I've ever found myself grateful that something was dubbed.

Possibly because a heck of a lot of people out there aren't thrilled with having to read their television shows. ^_^' Not that I mind, personally, but if you want to appeal to the masses...

As for Viz being the company doing the dubbing....I'm apprehensive as well. I just think of Inuyasha, where the voices themselves weren't the problem. It was the "tinkering" Viz did to the script. I want as close of a translation as possible, and Viz isn't well known for being true to the source material.

I'm hooked on the Japanese voices anyway (after watching 50+ episodes), so adjusting to new voices would be hard no matter what language they were speaking.

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

i believe it came out the 16th of June 2006.

merged: 06-24-2006 ~ 07:48am
I've found a preview go me lol. http://youtube.com/watch?v=t_Wd1f0cAyg&search=full%20moon%20wo%20sagashite%20dub

Wow.... ewww?

What's with Mitsuki's voice man :( Eichi sounds okay, though. But man. the more i listen to Mitsuki i wonder what random girl they picked that part: She can't pronounce anything properly, she can't give any expression properly.. e_e;;

Ewwww Takuto D: *cries* Ewwww Meroko! Someone needs to give these people Japanese intonation lessions D: Meroko has her Meroko-ness down, though. But seriously who is Takuto, his and Mitsuki's voice make me sad. Why do the main characters always end up getting the crappy VA's?

Lol, Negi-Ramen. i'm glad they left that in. XD.

I suppose it could be worse but... :(

The only voices i relaly dont care for are takuto and meroko and for some reason their voices remind me of the english dubed version of pokemon.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/oz4Q-RnxrPyCFU0qo4/browse/item/68846/4/0/0
I bet you all failed to notice this.
Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.
If you don't like the english voices just switch them to Japanese. No harm done.

It would be nice to see an english dub of the series. I have seen the japanese version and loved it. But it will be a challenge to dub both the 12 year old Mitsuki and the singing Mitsuki. If it where to air as a dub I have no doubt it will be extreamly popular beyond the shoujo audiences, just as it was when it aired in Japan in 2002.

SIGH at this point i think there are more things wrong with dubs then right.
a major one is pronounciation, why can't the voice actors know any japanese? It's not that hard to learn the basics of the language and there are plenty fans out there that i'm sure could do a decent, if not far better job at acting out the characters than the viz and other dubbers! Are they really that cheap? The fans will probably do it for free. Dubs cause kids (my cousins) to run around saying things that don't make any sense and it's just wrong.
My ideal dream, is for the japanese voice actors to do a dub with instruction from people who know english and can translate well. That way it's the same voices, but different language. but then i might miss being able to make fun of all the dumb voices for anime *sigh* :D

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.