Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Viz Dubbing Full Moon wo Sagashite O_O - Minitokyo

Viz Dubbing Full Moon wo Sagashite O_O

Tagged under Full Moon wo Sagashite

Would you like Viz to dub Full Moon o Sagashite

Yes
19 votes
No
19 votes
Maybe
6 votes
Don't Know
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 43 total items

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Quote by lightbluefaithSIGH at this point i think there are more things wrong with dubs then right.
a major one is pronounciation, why can't the voice actors know any japanese? It's not that hard to learn the basics of the language and there are plenty fans out there that i'm sure could do a decent, if not far better job at acting out the characters than the viz and other dubbers! Are they really that cheap? The fans will probably do it for free. Dubs cause kids (my cousins) to run around saying things that don't make any sense and it's just wrong.
My ideal dream, is for the japanese voice actors to do a dub with instruction from people who know english and can translate well. That way it's the same voices, but different language. but then i might miss being able to make fun of all the dumb voices for anime *sigh* :D

that depends, they usually have someone that translates the script, but the people who work with the voice actors are different people, they may get the translator in for proper pronounciation, that i dont really know but not everything can be perfect, but yeah it'd be nice if there were proper pronounciation :p

Quote by PhrenI actually like really Mistuki's speaking vioce more then anything. Probably the only character I've ever really noticed the vioce of from just her normal lines. Not to say the songs sounds bad, mind you. But a dub? Why does that vioce need to be 'replaced'? :O

What is our obsession with dubbing everything? I can;t say I've ever found myself grateful that something was dubbed.

)

it's to give a broader range to the english speaking community, while everyone may not agree/like english dubbing, but it has to be done to appeal to a broader audience and better sales, otherwise it'll just stay as a niche market taking longer to grow

Also with dubs, not everyone can read subtitles on screen, whether they find it hard to read, poor reading skills or are visually impaired so its a good way for other people to enjoy it without having to know japanese

depending on the series too, younger kids may also get into it but are either arent; at the stage in which they can read subtitles at a decent speed on screen cause they might of only been in school for the first couple years.

Another thing is also there may be foreign people who don't have a full grasp on the english language written-wise but can understand more spoken word *and also learn from what they hear*

Dubbing is a good way to get to more people, and if you really go " OH MAH GAWD EVERY SINGLE DUB SUCKS DONKEY BUTT" then you should be shot :p and you really haven't heard any exceptional work.
Watch series such as cowboy bebop, you're under arrest and read or die (ova and TV) for example, thats some top notch work right there

Signature Image

Full Moon was already awful enough without an awful dub T_T

With honey and clovers

Mikofake

unforgiven...

i would hate it, i am glad i have it in original, why do these people keep on messing with the otakus nerves? :))). They never manage to dub them properly and almost all the time the feeling the voices give is totally wrong!

kawaiisakura2

kawaiisakura2

Sakura Chan

dub voice actors should learn the very very very basics of japanese first ><

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
kawaii XD

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

OMG! What the hell were they thinking when
they chose Mitsuki's voice? and Takuto's sucks
down hill along with Meroko who so destroyed the way your suppose to pronounce Takuto's name, she made the "U" unsilent :S

Wakaouji and the others sounds also
horrible and I mean man it was a mess....
why did nobody see the error in this?

Mitsuki is a emotional character and her voice
actor sounds like she doesn't care...it's just so
bad and I can't watch it in english I don't reccomend anyone watch it in english....
JAPANESE IS BETTER! so stick to it cause Full Moon is very great but the english cast ruined the emotion in it.

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

as long as they release the DVD, you can always just change the language track. No need to worry about bad dubbing then ;)

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

Quote by JetKrazyas long as they release the DVD, you can always just change the language track. No need to worry about bad dubbing then ;)

Oh what a good point *bonks self on head*
Then buy people buy! and switch to Japanese language :3

U R Al Rit! Anyway, I like the jewelry box version of Eternal Snow which appeared. Any of you have it?

ladestiny92

ladestiny92

We can protect each other

Quote by BacherI'd rather not have it dubbed. No english voice can properly replace mitsuki's voice.

I agree with u...

Please join various~ANME~fanfics group...^^,

why dub full moon?
i hate dubbed anime.
the original seiyuus are always better.
:D

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I disagree. In many cases, the English version equals the Japanese. And in some cases, I prefer the English voice to the Japanese.

It's the same with shows and movies made here in Norway. For instance, one called Fl

No -_-"

xXZeroMeowXx

xXZeroMeowXx

Deleted Acount

NO! D= damn, they are going to ruin another series

anyone get the dvd and did they do the songs over or keep the japanese ones in?

NO! no way! i don't like anyone dubbing Full Moon wo Sagashite! can they really compete with the songs of the original? I don't think so..

oh, are they good at dubbing? you do not mean voice dubbing O.o that would be horrible! english dub on voice.... hate it =_= i love japanese!^^

UsagiYuki

The Falafel Alchemist

I'm just happy there realesing it over hear, because I really want to buy it! I heard the dub for the first 2 episodes and I think it's an okay dub but not as good as maybe FullMetal Alchemists dub. The only voice i really have a small problem with it Takuto, he sounds to angry. And it seems to me like a pretty average dub. I can say for sure they're doing a way better job than what the evil 4Kids did to Yu-Gi-Oh. Just thinking of that dub makes me shiver =_=;;

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

They aren't dubbing past disc 7 as sales weren't as high as expected...and are focusing on Bleach

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

Ugh... i prefer the original japanese voice

merged: 06-17-2008 ~ 04:26am
i wonder why they not leave it as the original... they can just give a subtitle

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 43 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.