Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 risk averse friends - Minitokyo

risk averse friends

page 1 of 1 10 total items

does anyone here have friends that dont like to take risk and just want to stay within the rules and never step out and have a little fun?
i am surrounded by goody goody friends that never want to just throw caution to the wind and do something fun and risky. and im not talking like doing drugs or something major, just like little things. they are always so proper and want to just impress older ppl and stuff. its really annoying sometimes. ive slowly bent them a little bit, but they are still so damn tense.
any ideas on how to loosen them up?

Well man you'll just have to face the fact that the people that are around you just aren't like you...that is the story of my life but I have come to accept that there is no one is actually like me. The key for you is to search out the people that are and if you don't have time for that it is a fact that we do attract our own and call to our sides the people that are like us it's only a matter of time. Good things come to those who wait...unless they're me. ;)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Shinku-sama

*Toxic Waist*

i'm one of those people who tends to abide by the rules, and my more risky friends don't seem to understand why i'm not like them. here's why: say 15 run a stopsign and don't get caught, i'm do it and i get caught. but that doesn't i don't like to take risk, i just know that i'll get caught if i try^.^

even though i don't break the rules (or the law), i could care less what people think about me, it doesn't matter to me at all. there are much more important things in life, like spending time with friends.

i think what you need to do is relax and accept your friends for who they are. maybe they're so tense because you keep trying to change them? that's just supposition, because i don't know you or your friends^.^ so yeah, just love your friends for who they are, not what you want them to be.

so there's my $0.02^.^ hope that helped, or something

In case of emergency, break glass. Scream. Bleed to death.

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

I had freinds like that (emphasis on HAD). They're just too boring and always try to impress people who I don't give a S*** about. So I eventually got fed up with their BS and never talked to them again.

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

KitClairvoyance

KitClairvoyance

The Secret Cookie Hoarder

Hmm.. I'm kinda like your friends too.. one thing you have to understand is that we're not trying to impress the grown ups or anything but for me personally it's that I know what is right and i stick to that. In my opinion, people who don't follow rules are arrogant and proud because they think they're superior to others and the rules. For me that's wrong because we should learn from others and not defy them, especially grown-ups because thay have a lot to teach. It's just that some people don't want to listen. Living by the rules doesn't mean it's not fun. I have fun with friends and my family. When you obey rules it's easier to get along with others, especially adults. I don't know why most people think adults are not fun to be with but that line of thinking is wrong. you can have fun and stuff with them, it's just that they've been through more and know what we shouldn't do. And rules are there for a reason in the first place. Think about it, if you were playing a game of chess and your peices didn't follow your orders but did what they liked, it wouldn't be a pretty sight would it? It's the same in life, we usually do not see the big picture so we sometimes do not understand rules, but by living by them we actually do more good than doing what we think is right or fun. Well.. this is my thinking anyway.. ^^ ..

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

KitClairvoyance, your such a sheep. There are plenty of dumb rules that are based on outdated traditions, prejudice, and arrogance. To say we are arrogant because we do not follow the rules is you being arrogant for thinking all of them should be followed. Start thinking for yourself; otherwise, you wont understand anything and will be just a walking talking robot.

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

^ LOL! Somehow I always agree with you! I don't want to but I do!
"Walking talking robot" I like that! Good choice of words!

Anyways, I don't have much to say. Abiding by the law is a must but defying parents rules are so fun!
Tell your goody-two-shoes friends to live a little! Cheer up and have fun! You only live once! @__@
Or forget about them and have fun yourself!

Look, everyone is different. Just accept them as they are, you don't have to change them.
Everyone has his/her own principle and your friends think that they have to live by the rules and they are happy with it, so let them be.
I mean try to look at their point of view, have they ever forced you to change and live by the rules?

There's a saying "variety is the spice of life", it's best to have a mix of friends who are of both "safe" and "riskier" types, having too much of just one will be boring in my opinion.

thx for your input everyone. i do infact luv my friends and cherish every moment with them, i just merely wish they would take a little risk and have some different fun. not break laws, just little things. we have tons of fun, its just every once inawhile.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.