Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Saying the right thing - Minitokyo

Saying the right thing

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

Do you be honest and say the right things or do you fib sometimes to smooth everything over and not piss the other person off ?

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

It depends on influence of environment... sometimes I slip and stay in sales mode assuming that the answer I seek is true. For instance, lets say I want you to buy my idea, I assume that you already want it and will buy it. Let's say that you know nothing of anime and I want you to love it. So I immediately go off the tangent that you must love anime even though you never once saw what it was like. lol, that probably doesn't make much sense, but I try and avoid that "mode" cause I hate it when people do it to me. Like a telemarketting call, they assume that you want their stuff or information - when in reality you may completely despise the idea.

Honestly, I'd say the right thing even if it pisses someone off... I'd explain why though, not just to piss someone off... if they get upset, that's their problem cause of my supreme logic ^_^

-repeat-

maybe. it depends on the person, the mood, etc etc, but mostly i say the right thing. i do find myself adding or subtracting some bits of info now and then :)

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I know what u mean i met this girl on line in fact i know her from here and i am starting to fall for this girl well as far as i can fall being online but i never feel like i have to lie to her not saying i feel that way i don't, i don't lie i telll her the truth because i trust she tells me the truth. Don't know if any of u had that feeling before but it's how it is between us. Even if i am talking to anyone outside the net i try to tell the truth at all times, if u were to hold a survey u would see alot of people appreciate the truth than lies but we are human afterall i guess that's where that human error kicks in.

Signature

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

If you were talking to a person that you cared about then it wouldnt matter what you said to them as long as it were the truth. If they truly cared about you back then it shouldnt matter what mistakes you might have made in your life or anything that could possibly be bad about you, because he or she would care about you just the same, no matter what.

Signature Image

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

It is the best to tell the truth no matter what . . . sometimes truth hurts but its the best way . . . cause soon are later they will appreciate your way . . . at least they would know about you and your feelings . . . think about it, like its your trump cart . . . well, that is what i believe. XD

merged: 02-17-2006 ~ 06:31am
And i agree with joycev . . . if she/he really care about you, then it will be no matter . . . and she/he will continue to care . . . also i think, it is best for someone to knows with what they were dealing and then choose what to do . . .

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

Nicodemus34

Nicodemus34

D347h 1 4m, K!11 Y0u 1 Mu57

like lthnadml said, it is best to tell the truth all the time because u may end up in more trouble then the way u first started anyway. i'd only lie to joke around.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

Quote by lthnadmlIt is the best to tell the truth no matter what . . . sometimes truth hurts but its the best way . . . cause soon are later they will appreciate your way . . . at least they would know about you and your feelings . . . think about it, like its your trump cart . . . well, that is what i believe. XD

merged: 02-17-2006 ~ 06:31am
And i agree with joycev . . . if she/he really care about you, then it will be no matter . . . and she/he will continue to care . . . also i think, it is best for someone to knows with what they were dealing and then choose what to do . . .

Quote by joycevIf you were talking to a person that you cared about then it wouldnt matter what you said to them as long as it were the truth. If they truly cared about you back then it shouldnt matter what mistakes you might have made in your life or anything that could possibly be bad about you, because he or she would care about you just the same, no matter what.

^_^' yea i can honestly say i have learn from my mistakes and try not to lie u must remember i was a kid first before growing up and when u put your hand in the cookie jar and then lie about it eventually u will get caught with your hand in the cookie jar and then WHAM your busted, so i agree no matter what the person will say or do just be honest.

Signature

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

I will always choose to tell the truth. I tell it the way it is.
I will explain my actions just so they won't get really mad.
I try to say it as lightly as possible.
I don't want to just smack them in the face with the information, you know.
In the end I'll probably upset them...

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

I like to tell my view truthfully because I have my reasons for standing behind what I say. What I think may be offensive or nice to hear, but whatever the outcome I can't really be looked down as much if I believe something with good reason.

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

Cool the comments are flowing in keep em coming, i would like to hear others opinion where are the other minds at on mt :D

Signature

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

Telling the truth has helped me get out of a lot social problems before they could even start. Sometimes, I do want to alter it slighly so that it benifts me. The only time I do do that is when I know that person wouldn't fully understand unless I spend hours upon hours of trying to explain it to them. So, I slightly alter it so they would ask less questions and I can go and do more important stuff.

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

I lie when I need to. Or I don't speak at all. Since I'm not good at lying, I tend to stick to the truth. But I don't like to lie. But sometimes telling the truth is only gonna cause more problems.

Signature

Wanna play some fun games? Try this out!
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=yi2712

Simply put, I hate lying (and I'm not good at this). However, I also admit that sometimes I don't always tell the whole truth.
If I feel that people don't need to know some details, because it may embarass someone else or something like that, then I somehow omit some parts of the story. When someone starts something with "it's just between you and me", he can be sure that I won't repeat this. People who know me also know this and tend to respect this.
Or if I feel that the people in front of me couldn't understand what I know, I tend to smooth some edges. If a kid starts asking me how a plane flies, I usually don't give the full answer, fetching the right equation from this or that book.
Another possibility for me to stretch the truth is when it would be extremely boring to the one I'm speaking with. I tend to give the short version (true version, but short). Some time ago, a colleague asked me what I answered to my fiancee when she asked what I had been doing of my day. My answer was simple: "I tell her I've been reading this and that, trying to have new ideas for my job, but if I'm in a really bad mood I give her the details..." All they said was "ouch..."

I believe that it is ok to use a "white lie" where the honest truth or expressing your true opinion would not do any good. For example someone who is insecure about their abilities at something, for example drawing, shows you a picture, and it might be really bad, but you don't go straight out and say "that sucks!", you give constructive criticism and words of encouragement. Saying the 100% truth is not always good. For example just because someone might be overweight, does not mean it's acceptable to call them "fat".

Knowing when to use the honest truth and when not is really important to get along with people.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Using little lies to make someone happy or to keep them from being pissed off, I think that it's okay. But it can't be too big a lie because that person will be hurt eventually. You might feel that the truth is the best thing to give them and maybe you should do that.

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

Alot of people play it by ear and if it seems like they are going to hurt there feelings they stragiht up lie just know if someone asks a question they want u to tell the truth but even if that truth can be bad just use tact and u can ease that truth over without hurting their feelings i guess well that's an opinion.

Signature

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Neat, interesting question...I have a habit sometimes of going over what I'm going to say to someone so I don't *totally* screw up my relationship with the other person. Other times, it's just 'cause the other person makes me so incredibly *nervous* that I have to recite in my head what I'm going to say, otherwise, I end up blatherin' on and on.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Feenixdeathdeal

Feenixdeathdeal

"Demonic Typhoon"

I say it all depends on the situation and circimstance and how you choose to accept or handle it.

If its an important matter, i'll speak the truth or hold the truth for the right time-i won't lie or lead people on either. If for some reason won't mean anything to me or the other person, i'll speak my mind but i won't be downright rude or insensitive to someone else's feelings or thoughts.

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I see some people are taking the easy road, but i guess it does depend on the situation because u wouldn't want to hurt that persons feelings so the best course of action would be to say the honest thing yet be tactful enough not to hurt they feelings, yet i think there might come a time when the situation may fall that either way not saying anything or saying the truth and being tactful might hurt that persons feelings, what do u do then ?

Signature

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.