Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Athiest turns religious - Minitokyo

Athiest turns religious

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

If there's one thing I've learned in my life thus far, its that there is no proof for any belief at all (whether religious or not), save that somewhere, somehow, my mind exists (I think therefore I am). No matter how somebody attempts to see whether a god/divine force exists or not, it is not proof but belief. Of course, that doesn't change any of my beliefs, but there's no proof I can give anyone for those beliefs other than it feels right to me.

Quote by Ephix

What seems more probable? Small shifts in genetic definitions over millions of years to create huge diversity in the world? or the hand of god waving its wand and all the sudden little billy down the street is able to run, jump and play to his hearts content? Gimme a god damn break.

Does it strike anyone else as funny that one who is arguing against the existence of God is asking for a "god damn break"?

I myself am a former atheist who turned to the path of God. Unlike the man mentioned in the article, my reasoning was not based on years of scientific analysis suddenly leading me to a conclusion.

Instead, it is because I feel that I have been in God's presence. Something happened to me, something very profound. I didn't have a near death experience, didn't start analyzing my life to see I had gone down a wrong path.

One day, I simply felt something that is, for the most part, indescribable.
I was confronted with the sensation that I was being looked down upon by something greater than myself, and the conclusion was inescapable.
If you ever have such an experience, you can do one of two things,

1. Admit that there is a God, and that you are His creation.

or

2. Deny what you've felt and try even harder to ignore what you now know in the back of your mind to be there.

Some of you may laugh at me, call me foolish or more. I don't care.

I believe what I believe, and there is nothing you can say or do to change that.

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

bweb: wanna try?

okok... to me... i dont care who you believe but i care about HOW ppl believe... coz it affects all other ppl...
fanatics for instance go around terrorizing other ppl's believe and HOW do they believe?

and also... for your choices given... can i add more?
3. ignore it and live your live as you think it is?
4. reason more and give yourself more chance to see through?
5. have it as a possibility until you are certain you got enough fact to support wat you think....

and also.. here comes the point about why should we accept or deny? why not not make a choice?

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

OK i didn't want to pull this out because it's kinda desterbing that someone triye it but this will disprove that humans and apes have coman ancestory Ok Tigers and linons are able to reproduce as well as wolfs and dogs in fact almost all birds can cross breed along with most fish. but humans and apes are incapable of cross breeding i mean $h!+ were supose to be more closly related to the apes than a domestic dog is toa wolf but they can still cross breed we can't think about it before you post again plunkies

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

I suppose you've tried to cross-breed yourself with an ape to "prove" this assertion? (sarcasm)

First back up this claim with atleast some sort of research, second prove that it doesn't allow humans to come from apes, next prove that humans couldn't have come from something else or something in between human and ape.

merged: 03-06-2006 ~ 01:56am

Quote by bweb

Quote by Ephix

What seems more probable? Small shifts in genetic definitions over millions of years to create huge diversity in the world? or the hand of god waving its wand and all the sudden little billy down the street is able to run, jump and play to his hearts content? Gimme a god damn break.

Does it strike anyone else as funny that one who is arguing against the existence of God is asking for a "god damn break"?

To me it looks like he was using sarcasm towards theists FYI.

Quote by bweb
I myself am a former atheist who turned to the path of God. Unlike the man mentioned in the article, my reasoning was not based on years of scientific analysis suddenly leading me to a conclusion.

Guess what, I used to be a Christian. I became an atheist before I knew that there was a term to describe it. Now I'm an agnostic atheist, but people like you make me consider strong atheism...

Quote by bwebInstead, it is because I feel that I have been in God's presence. Something happened to me, something very profound. I didn't have a near death experience, didn't start analyzing my life to see I had gone down a wrong path.

One day, I simply felt something that is, for the most part, indescribable.
I was confronted with the sensation that I was being looked down upon by something greater than myself, and the conclusion was inescapable.
If you ever have such an experience, you can do one of two things,

1. Admit that there is a God, and that you are His creation.

or

2. Deny what you've felt and try even harder to ignore what you now know in the back of your mind to be there.

If you think you can use feelings to justify facts then you might as well say that Hitler could justify the Holocaust. If Hitler thought about what he was doing he wouldn't have done it.

Quote by bwebSome of you may laugh at me, call me foolish or more. I don't care.

I believe what I believe, and there is nothing you can say or do to change that.

I wouldn't laugh at someone like you. Pity, yes, but not laugh at. You don't want to know if God really exists, you just want to believe in its existence. Sad.

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

Quote by alexjohnc3If you think you can use feelings to justify facts then you might as well say that Hitler could justify the Holocaust. If Hitler thought about what he was doing he wouldn't have done it.

what aare you talking about Hitler knew what he was doing he was uniting a country on the brink of civil war by destroying one of the minoritys he knew what he was doing infact he promised to do it when he was elected to a public office he infact he probly would have one WWII if he didn't attack russia

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

hmm... interesting stuff there... but in human nature... wat did cause Hitler's enthuism to start war?(i heard it is becoz of Jews killing and torturing Christians back then... but not sure.... and irony is that the world pity the Jews when they are torture...lol)

Is Hitler truly evil as the news says or is it reality forcing him to be?(erm..oops... i think i gonna get alot of arguements from this but let us start doing this in the city hall section.... not in this thread)
I think not all ppl are evil(in some ways) nor good(in some ways too) but the society changes it...
I think he still deserve some credits on some changes made to the world(c'mon... heard of white ppl torturing in South Africa stuff? they did that officially with everyone knowing...)

oh well... back to topic

Quote by beethovenOK i didn't want to pull this out because it's kinda desterbing that someone triye it but this will disprove that humans and apes have coman ancestory Ok Tigers and linons are able to reproduce as well as wolfs and dogs in fact almost all birds can cross breed along with most fish. but humans and apes are incapable of cross breeding i mean $h!+ were supose to be more closly related to the apes than a domestic dog is toa wolf but they can still cross breed we can't think about it before you post again plunkies

those are examples only from those animals... how sure are you that all works the same?
it is just like ppl assuming god have emotions like us... does HIS/HER/ITs emotions(if He/She/Itever have ) match ours? it is just human perspection(i think) to think that God will be happy that He is worshipped...or something like that (argue to me with the bible and i argue back...got lotsa stuff to say so be prepared if u want to)

Or another example which might apply... when you feed a cat and it purrs to you and try to cuddle around you... you would think that it is very happy and it loves you.... how on Earth would you know that it is true?... You are not a cat and also do cats really define feelings as happy or loves (like we do?).... It may just cuddle around you becoz it think it as a job to get more food from its benefactor...

erm...kinda off topic... but yea... how sure are you that those kind of evolution works for all(if so i might even have an ancestor earthworm...lol) but how do that really crossbred with something else?(BIG problem)
anyway... 20 cents(having insomia symptoms again...*yawn*)

Beethoven

Your arguments make very poor use of reason indeed. This has been amply demonstrated already. Your passion on the subject is admirable however. You would probably benefit from taking a degree in philosophy or theology.

The argument you plagiarized (examination of your spelling and grammar ability in subsequent posts prove this) is a twisted version of the Design Argument, which has been used in attempts to prove the existence of a deity for centuries. Most philosophers (including many believers) agree that David Hume destroyed it's credibility in his book "Dialogues and Natural History of Religion" published in the eighteenth century.

The conclusion of the book is that the existence of a deity cannot be logically proven (and he tries hard) and it is equally possible that there is no Deity. He advises those who wish to formulate a reasoned opinion on the matter to "Suspend their judgement" in light of the lack of evidence either way.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.