Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do U know when someone lying to u? - Minitokyo

How do U know when someone lying to u?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

Will u know if someone lying to u?
Well, i know it when he/she didn't dare to look upon my face (eyes) or he/she trying look everywhere...and also I will study his body language...and..there....look at their face...pale?
also,...i'll listen when they speak, if his/her voice is loud n clear or not XD...or if they're speaking hesitantly >.<
how abt u?

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

Well I can tell if a person is lying to me by reading their emotions, its like a feeling I get and I can feel whatever it is that they're feeling and I can easily tell from that if they are lying to me or not. That's just one of the ways I can tell if a person is lying to me or not. Some folks are very good liars so trying to read their body language, etc won't work because some people are so good at lying, when they are telling you a lie it looks as though they are telling the truth, thats when reading their emotions comes in handy, because no matter how good they can maintain their truthful body language when telling a lie, they can't hide what they feel inside and that way you can always know if they're lying or not.

nekogirl333

nekogirl333

Konatic

for me, i wud only know if i knew the person quite well or if i've spoken to them for a while. usually their voice wud change or they start to stutter and keep saying ermm, err etc etc. And if they can't look you in the eye when they talk. Some ppl wud be a bit fidgety or touching their head as well

nejika

nejika

doing psychology method..ahaha XD
i know that there r person who's really 'SMART LIAR'...gonna ask he/she again and again...if there any strange reaction like he/C got mad EZly...

Signature

Star-Light

Star-Light

wishing on a star

I can tell someone is lying to me by the way they act, what they say and facial expressions are a give away also.

Signature

nejika

nejika

Quote by Star-LightI can tell someone is lying to me by the way they act, what they say and facial expressions are a give away also.

i'm agree with u :D ;)

Signature

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

You can also tell when someone's lying if they're figeting.
Also their change of behaviour/ attitude when they talk to you.
You ask them what's wrong, they hestistate to tell you.
They keep looking behind them.

I agree that there are people who are really good at lying. Those people takes a lot more stamina to comprehend.

they will eventually look guilty and you will just now they are hiding something from you!

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

lol, I can lie to you and I wont have any signs for it

You cannot tell, hahahaha

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

Classic signs of lying include bringing the hand up to the face , for example, to stroke the chin or touching the nose. The speaker makes these movements almost as if he wants to 'hide' the words coming out of his mouth.

You should also look out for eye movements. Normally, if people are thinking of visual information to answer a question, their eyes will move up: this is how they retrieve mental pictures. They do this unconsciously, but they will also tend to do it reliably. Once you know that, you can look for the instance when they don't look up in the same way, or when they look up but perhaps to the other side, or when they maintain eye contact with you when they would normally do otherwise.

Most people imagine that we maintain eye contact when we tell the truth and break it when we lie. this isn't true, The majority of people will maintain eye contact when lying, because they don't need to retrieve information from their minds and, therefore, don't need to move their eyes. At another level, they are eager to appear sincere, and so consciously decide to keep looking at you.
But the point is not that such-and-such behaviour means a lie. The secret is to watch people closely and, keeping your wits about you, follow their mental processes in your own mind. Look for their patterns and see where they fall down. Watch for an answer that breaks the rules รข? the odd one out will be the lie.

Ive also got to thank Darren Brown for this info

Loyd

Loyd

Quotes

ok here is how i notice stuff like this
1:they avoid u and refuse to talk to u
2:they barely make eye contact
3:they have snappy answers
4:they try and go in circles with the converstation
5:and last but not least contact they well always be twitchy or soemthing weird like that

"To be forgotten is worse then death."
"How do you prove that we exist....maybe we don't exist."
"I don't feel as if i can save anyone my family nor my friends."
"To know your future is to die by your future."

Groups
Band_of_Brothers
MGS
Full_Metal_Alchemist
Dot_Hack
Magic_the_Gathering

nejika

nejika

Quote by Loydok here is how i notice stuff like this
1:they avoid u and refuse to talk to u
2:they barely make eye contact
3:they have snappy answers
4:they try and go in circles with the converstation
5:and last but not least contact they well always be twitchy or soemthing weird like that

XD yeah, it's true...i've seen this reaction b4 when ask my friend if he had finish his report for our assignment...damn it he never done it though it almost....deadline :pacman: i just feel i want to eat his head... :angry: XP ....

Signature

For me its in their exact tone of voice which sometimes ives it away. Or tiny pauses before they speak.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

It's hard to tell when someone is lying if that someone is a very skilled lier. I think you can tell in their eyes. And sometimes, the lier will look you straight on because they know you would look for that! I would go by their posture...if they're the tiniest bit skirmy or look a bit red around their faces. This is from a experienced lier! Although not that often though.

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

If someone's pretty good at bullshitting, there's no way I can tell. Provided I know the person, I watch the way they move; body language is everything. If they squirm, do nervous things, like shrug, stutter, blink a lot, or don't look at me, they're lying.

There's a catch to a person not looking at me; I hate it when people look me in the eyes. It makes me nervous and I think it's disrespectful. My friends usually look at my hair while I study their faces. My parents haven't looked me in the eyes since I threatened to stab their eyes out when I was 12 because it scared me.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

I think, for me, a big part of it comes down how well I know the other person. If it is a close friend, I can usually catch a lie. As for someone I don't know well...I don't know if I could or not. I don't know whether I've been lied to or not by anyone I do not know well o.O

Signature Image

well...I just feel it :P
observe their behaviour..is it weirder than usual? their tone changes when they lie

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

There is a limit to how accurately one can tell if someone is lying through observing body language, and the accuracy is much worse if the observer is biased. Of course if you know how the person acts normally when telling the truth, it is easier to tell since you can calibrate how deviant they are from the norm.. which is why people can more readily tell when someone they know well lies.

Another way to detect lies is by listening to the person's voice. When someone lies, there are involuntary contractions in the vocal chords that make one's voice slightly higher. Sometimes it's actually better to ignore all the visual cues, especially if you're facing an expert liar. (Much of the body language can be consciously controlled, whereas tension in the vocal chords are involuntary)

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Normally when word gets back to me that they were lying, I know that they were lying.

Some people excel in the art of lying and can look you right in the eye when doing so and not even flinch. It's odd for me to come across somebody who can't tell a lie.

nejika

nejika

I personally have lying to someone...lol they never know it...hahaha....

Signature

tronks

The Archer

When somebody lies to me and I realize of it....hum... I dont know, maybe I see it in his face, or maybe I only know it, I feel it.

ok im not sure if any one outside of australia can get this book but tis great. written by a ex-detective who went to train in american with the fbi..the books called "The truth about lies"

anywho how to detect lies.
1. bodylanguage...if any unusual BL is shown then that means he/she is uncomfortable.
btw if the person is not looking at you or talking to u much doesnt make em a lier...they could be just shy.

2. evasiveness, deception ect.
if someone doesnt answer ur question directly eg.
u:are u cheating on me?
other: i couldnt do that, its against my morals!

thats a lie coz the "other" didnt deny it, he evaded saying yes or no. also an innocent would of been shocked then denied it straight away...

if u want to ...talk to em for 10 mins
and then take their hand and if the person is sweating like crasy then they are hidding something...

there are like another 10 things i could put for how to detect but basicly u just need to observe the answers he/she gives and thier behaviour. and make a judgement if its "normal"

hope it helps:P

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

nejika

nejika

Quote by pepeook im not sure if any one outside of australia can get this book but tis great. written by a ex-detective who went to train in american with the fbi..the books called "The truth about lies"

anywho how to detect lies.
1. bodylanguage...if any unusual BL is shown then that means he/she is uncomfortable.
btw if the person is not looking at you or talking to u much doesnt make em a lier...they could be just shy.

2. evasiveness, deception ect.
if someone doesnt answer ur question directly eg.
u:are u cheating on me?
other: i couldnt do that, its against my morals!

thats a lie coz the "other" didnt deny it, he evaded saying yes or no. also an innocent would of been shocked then denied it straight away...

if u want to ...talk to em for 10 mins
and then take their hand and if the person is sweating like crasy then they are hidding something...

there are like another 10 things i could put for how to detect but basicly u just need to observe the answers he/she gives and thier behaviour. and make a judgement if its "normal"

hope it helps:P

nice tips u have here ;) practice on it XD Thx :)

Signature

Hi, good afternoon I know people lie to by see the eyes and the face expresion , sometime i can fell the energy from people who lies to me and sometime the sound of their speak are hear so strange. :) :)

Live is fight if don't fight will not survive

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.