Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 my first wall - Minitokyo

my first wall

page 1 of 1 8 total items

pandita

pandita

Gendo Ikari

I post my first wall, and i dont know what happen with it, i think is nice but...
please commen about itD Purple

Signature
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

the doubled scan thing almost never works. amateur wallers always seem to gravitate toward it, myself included. BAD BAD BAD.

the bg is pretty good for an abstract, but its blurry.

most of all, there just isnt enough in the wall, you need more than scan and abstract.

my advice would be to browse the best walls, always check out the highlighted items, and most of all just prctice photoshop untill you learn all the tools. I started less than a year ago and you can see the massive improvement from my first walls to my recent ones. and a still have a long way to go.

merged: 02-17-2006 ~ 11:16am
and fix the link you'll get more comments. people are too lazy to to copy paste the link.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

pandita

pandita

Gendo Ikari

Thanks for the comment,

Signature

It all seems a bit too blocky and blurry in places, dunno if it's intentional or not. Especially the writing in the corner, it's quite unclear and difficult to read because of the colours. But then perhaps you wanted it that way ^_^

pandita

pandita

Gendo Ikari

Thanks for the comment

Signature

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

The scan extraction needs a lot of work. The edges are very jagged. Using the polygon lasso will almost always result in a poor extraction. You need to have a consistent outline or the edge will just look shoddy.

The scan also seems a bit blurry, especially the facial features. Don't try to enlarge a smaller scan because the result will almost always be of low quality.

When you finally save the wall as a .jpg, use the least amount of image compression possible. This will help keep the image from losing any quality

Yep. Ditto to everything that was posted above.

Try getting a better scan and if you do't want to add more detais to the background then uas a larged main character to take up some space.

Adding some text in the blank space will help too. Think of a suitable title for the wall or just put the series and character name. Its up to you which you find better.

For extraction, try pathing. It gives a better and less jagged image. You could add a black inner glow to emphasize the outline or feather by 1-2 pixels.

There is potential in this wall and keep up the effort.

I hope this helps.

pandita

pandita

Gendo Ikari

Thanks for the comment :)

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.