Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletions of Mature Content - Minitokyo

Deletions of Mature Content

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 64 total items

Quote by fluke

Quote by belmikryyou guys, if all you are going to do is fight between eachother, leave it out of this thread. If you cannot discuss the matter maturely, I will close this thread.

Quote by GoodnightAndGo

Quote by DayBreakAs long as it keeps the job done right; than im fine.
Its no point of wasting time of using words like these on people who complains about these certain topics.

Oh and the person who posted above me and complaing. is a perfect example.

... You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. If you think edting a picture just for a small thread is going to make you cooler or whatever then, you shouldn't be posting here. I simply said why the policy is going to change things. I also mentioned it being reasonable... You obviously need to get a life and stop wasting you're time making immature images, and definitely stop wasting everybody else's into having to take the time to read your pathetic crap.. Please don't try and make yourself into something you're not. It's why things are the way they are is because of ignorant, incompetent people like you.

I think belmikry warned us once already. Let's not make this into a big fight here, and if we insist on doing so keep it out of the forum, and leave this place for more constructive thoughts.

I never was trying to make anything out of it. I just bothers me how ignorant people come along and make things more complicating then they already are... I have no problem with the new policy.

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

Ok, I'll kick the thread a little bit. Disclaimer: my info isn't necessarily 100% accurate, this is just how I see things.

Quote by belmikrysince we are classified as an all ages site, we must abide by the rules- end of discussion.

no, we are not suggesting anything else: so please do not make this into a personal attack on freedom of speech, family origins, etc- this is merely what we have to do to stay online- please be a tad more understanding.

Ok, to put this another way:

Google hosts Minitokyo's advertising; as such, Google holds the pursestrings. It's not about legal liability or jurisdiction, it's about money. Basically, if we don't get the more tasteless/explicit ecchi out of the site, they'll stop hosting our ads, and the logical outcome is one of three things:
1. Sheqel pays all webhosting/bandwidth out of his own pocket. (I sure wouldn't.)
2. Minitokyo is reduced to asking for donations. Going that route would bring up issues of favoritism (i.e. person X didn't donate, I did, why did person X's wallpaper get highlighted instead of mine? you get the idea), and also MT would basically be going toward being a commercial enterprise. That probably wasn't the idea when it started out.
3. Minitokyo shuts down for lack of funds. (Umm, no! I like this place!)

So I see it as basically an issue of "you live under Google's roof, you abide by their rules" type of thing. To those that say "get another server", well, we could, but I can't think of a larger and more popular ad hosting site than Google off the top of my head, except maybe Yahoo or some such, and their rules for "all ages" class sites would probably be similar. If we classed MT as a mature site, we'd probably be held legally liable to bar entry to anybody under 18, and that'd block a huge percentage of our members.

* pant * So I see it as basic harsh economic reality. I'll be reporting the more extreme stuff over the next few days, but I won't be exactly grinning with glee while I do it. (I mean, one of my own scans is pretty ecchi, it'll probably be gone several minutes after I report it.) But oh well, overcome and adapt.
:pacman:

P.S. @ Daybreak- Pasting blanket statements onto a scan does not constitute a discussion. Please, don't make this thread more volatile than it already is.

P.P.S. I'm going to put something in the Mod Forum thread about this asking that the deletions go through the quarantine system instead of being immediately deleted outright; mistakes can be made, after all.

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

Ky

Ky

Blue

And what point was that? Making you look like lame? Yeah, I say it got the job done pretty well. In fact, you just saying it would have sufficed. But using a crappy anime character from a crappy anime with poor editting is extra credit.

Seriously, even WITH this new policy, a lot of images were deleted that didn't match the criteria of this new rule. How is MT going to answer to that? A lot of my images were deleted that were well within the boundaries of this new policy.

Quote by LordWe

Quote by Draconis112As much as I hate the comment " Its the American thing to do. " seeing as how i'm american...

Well, I am an American as well, and because I do live in America I am well aware of their tendency to overreact and cause hysterics over the tiniest thing which upsets them. That was a generality, yes, and was not meant to offend, as obviously not all Americans are like that, but I say that because I am far beyond disgusted at the current state of affairs of my nation. I think I will move to Germany... or Sweden, that sounds very nice.

No offense taken at all. and you are right about causing hysterics...

merged: 02-17-2006 ~ 01:27pm

Quote by DayBreakhttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/shadowdude3/idiots1.jpg

^ He knows all.

.... You know the funny thing is.... in Naruto the books that kakashi has been reading throught the anime and/or manga are actually "suggestive" in their nature...

"I've had too many stand-offs with you and its about as much as I can stand."

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Quote by Ky

And what point was that? Making you look like lame? Yeah, I say it got the job done pretty well. In fact, you just saying it would have sufficed. But using a crappy anime character from a crappy anime with poor editting is extra credit.

Seriously, even WITH this new policy, a lot of images were deleted that didn't match the criteria of this new rule. How is MT going to answer to that? A lot of my images were deleted that were well within the boundaries of this new policy.

Have you posted a comment in the "Complaints, Bans, Deletions...etc." thread about this? or left a message with the moderator who was over the gallery you uploaded your images too? If not I suggest doing that before getting TOTALLY upset..who knows just like was said earlier, mistakes can be made, they are trying their best to adjust to this new turn of events.

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Quote by fluke

Quote by Ky

Have you posted a comment in the "Complaints, Bans, Deletions...etc." thread about this? or left a message with the moderator who was over the gallery you uploaded your images too? If not I suggest doing that before getting TOTALLY upset..who knows just like was said earlier, mistakes can be made, they are trying their best to adjust to this new turn of events.

So we presume that these turn of events are due to Goggle's request... I know that this move to delete all images of explicit content is to ensure that MT can continue to have a function; otherwise we won't be able to get in here at all...

But my concern is this; this move has caused much protests by the members, and this may affect the future of member participation in MT in future...

If so, we will have to think up of alternatives to keep the participation in check... the mods, I mean...

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Hey guys I think some of you are looking at this the wrong way, they only delete mature images that has no artistic value, but they didn't say they would delete any nudity that serves the purpose of an artist function. This isn't a show me skin only community, because this is an art community after all. For artists that feel like their creativity and freedom is violated under this new policy, then my suggestion is to use your artist prowess to proof that mature image can be a masterful piece of art that no censorship can deny, do it in a tasteful manner instead of a fan service. Then they would have no justification to delete your work, if they still delete it, then this community cease to be a place of promoting art.

PS: To Bel-san, I want to make a suggestion that you close this thread if possible, because this isn't going anywhere, the little fricition is going to continue, and I don't think it serves this community anymore to let this thread to keep going and going with the same conflicts, because I think this is getting a bit too personal for some of the members. I have a bad feel that this thread will go overboard very soon.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

I would appreciate it if my questions could be answered before this topic is closed. I will quote myself for your convenience.

Quote by LordWeYou know, the more that I think about this, the more worried I become. As drastic as this change has been so far, I fear for the future of Minitokyo. Please tell me this will not affect males with either an open shirt or no shirt on... as well as shoujo-ai, shounen-ai and kisses. That would be almost infuriating.

And... *big breath* what about sexy poses with nothing being revealed? Or images where a character is nude, but is not showing any 'inappropriate' parts at all? What about thongs? What about two girls/guys in bikinis/speedos hugging? What about lingerie, night clothes and bath scenes? What of sexy/skimpy/form fitting battle armor or costumes? What of all the other mature images which do not qualify as ecchi; violent images, pictures with blood in them, depictions of war, two or several characters battling, large scale mecha battles (or even one on one mecha battles), characters wielding weapons, 'unusual' or creepy images, depictions of monsters/vampires/devils/aggressive beasts, images of characters held in prisons, pictures of characters in life or death situations. Hell, even pictures depicting relationships and marriage... I could go on seemingly forever, but I will stop there. All of this is deemed 'mature'. If everything I have mentioned is to be eradicated as well, Minitokyo will have at most 1500 gallery items left, including wallpapers and indy art.

...Can a reasonable compromise with the advertisers not be reached?

I would like to know where exactly the line is drawn, as most of the things on this site could be considered mature.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Why a bit late ... thank you for telling wth is going on.
Guess we have to abide to Big G's Rules...

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

I see whats being done as..well..not that much of a big deal. At first, sure yeah I did. But after I read through and got the gist of it I wasnt bothered by it. Whats been done is done as far as said. People have to do what they can to survive, same goes on the internet. Sometimes things change, maybe not for the better but in the end what else can be done.
:\ Just speaking my acknowledgement and mind.

Signature

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

So people are complaining about what is basically easily taking up over 50% of this website?
Thats just weird, but I'm not complaining. Its going to take forever to get rid of EVERYTHING, though.

Signature

Cammie

Cammie

Yurikitten

I would like to see some officials answering LordWes question aswell.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i think there must be an answer to questions such as these.
1. vector pieces - vector pieces of a girl stripping, in a suggestive pose, and so on, will they be considered for deletions?

2. wallpapers with borderline images, and made with effort and skill, are we doubting thoise to provide family fun?
if so, where is the borderline to permit the "high libido" pictures (as quoted by EP, for walling purposes?

3. If you clear out all of these and reduced the number of members participation, is there a sense, at least a certain degree of compesations? For example, due to this forced removal, I have had 4 wwallpapers removed, and I definitely expect a certain degree of compensation from the mods and admins.
I do not mind the scans, as they are not made by me, however, for those who made their own scans such as Ky and a lot of other devoted sharers, contributoprs, this is very upsetting and I being on their behalf and for myself, demand that compensation for these forced loses. Although it is not of Minitokyo's fault, let us call a mangerial decision is needed for this.

4. The official borderline, where do they apply, a clean cut list ( as the discretion of the moderators and admins, must be provided to soothe this unrest.

5. Would MT be able to change the policy, support of the entire system so that these things may be adressed? Such as the PM, with a message that says "google the big evil deleted all your things NOT us" that be fine thank you.

I must agree that this is indeed the harsh reality, if you are gonna live under my roof, you have to live by my rules, I completly understand this and I will not question this implementation, however, the above questions must be drawn to an end and given a stisfied answer before this thread is closed. Including LordWe's questions of course.

My thanks for your patience. If however, this is not answered, do not be surprised if I dropped a message for all of you by PM though
<sarcasm> "My, what a wonderful family site you have here Google! For the first time, when you surf anime, there IS an anime based site WITH NO suggestive images! Wow! That is a large improvement! Than k you Google! Hey Kids, use Google, IT IS the best search engine!" </sarcasm>

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Lordwe: to answer your concerns, in which I feel we have already done, here you are:

these are the new rules. And no, I understand you feel as if this downward spiral will never end, and soon there will be nothing 'suggestive' in nature, well you are wrong and overexaggerating. I can see why google would be upset, when we are designed as an all ages community: end of discussion. Suggestive material basically means anything deem non-artistic in nature, meant for oogling instead of art. If you have a nproblem with submissions deleted because of artistic content, please report it- all of the deletions are going into the quarantineed section and will eventually be deleted from the site- for the time being while we sort out what is exactly allowed and not allowed.

Devildude:
1] yes vectors as well- anything found to be nonartistic in nature is out, regardless of format.

2] don't be sarcastic. if it isn't artistic in nature, its gone.

3] If you read the submission policy, it states that

Quote: Moderators reserve the right to delete material deemed to inappropriate for the Minitokyo galleries with or without notification even if the material conforms to this policy.

which means that no, you will not be getting compensation. This new policy actually isn't as strict from the original on submissions with mature content, but more so abiddingto our original law with more force.

4] submissions nnot allowed:
- no genitals, nipples or full breasts showing
- any submission deemed suggestive in nature, including removing of clothing, fondling another in a sexual manner, or an item deemed non artistic, that being used only for viewing as objects not art/artistic value.
-nuditywhich fits into these rules is allowed in artistic purposes, that is, in the description you give a believable critique of your work and members and moderators agree. If not, the item may get reported and possibly deleted.
- you may question a deletion using the proper methods refering to the MY submission policy, but this does not guarantee resubmission.
5] we are working on updating this new policy- being that we only found out yesterday, please be patient. Also we do not appreaciate the obvious sarcasm- yes you are hurt, but this is the new reality, regardless of my opinion, or yours.

quick note: I am an art major, and I work primarily with artist nudes all the time, it's one of my favourite subjects to use. I know the difference between artistic nudes and nonartistic, so don't give me this "They don't like echii so they're taking it away from us" routine. Explain why its art, and it may stay- if it isn't, goodbye to that submission. I've had pieces removed for mature content as well, so don't assume we and our galleries are unaffected by this as well.

I am now closing this thread, since no one can hold this topic maturely.

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 64 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.