Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Stuck with my wallpaper - Minitokyo

Stuck with my wallpaper

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

well yeah i'm kinda stuck ^_^' i made this so far

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5743/kaedebetacopy1tg.jpg

but i dont really know what i should add to it <_<
there should be somthing behind the wallpaper, becuse it's just a big black space, i was thinking about making a tree, but i'm no good in adding the leaves, any help is appricieted(sp?)

EDIT: i took the picture away and the link is left now, thats better

It is time for you to drown

Well it's really up to you! You could add a skyline, it could be countryside or a city, or mountains or whatever you want in there. It could also be daytime or night time... If you want you could make something more abstract. Sounds like you just need some inspiration, have a look at other peoples' work for some ideas.

Tias

Tias

wth?! the image is to big, <_<

well the problem is just that the way to make the gross is different then that in day time, kaede is a ninja, so it's better when it's night(well thats what i thik atleast)

i made the grass dark green, and green/light green

and i would need to make a huge blueish abstract if it where to be daytime, but i cant think of a abstract that looks good while it's darkm so yeah, i guess i will need to -_-

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

you could make it into a night scene

Signature Image

Tias

Tias

i dont get what you mean wiht night scene, if you mean skies nd so, then i'm no good in making skies, >.<

wolfsfreak09

wolfsfreak09

humans are foolish

i know! put a moon in the big black space! or not...i dunno do whatever you want with it

I recommend a night time scene with countryside or mountains. Seems to fit well with the grass and flowers.

Signature Image

You don't have to draw it by hand, you could always get an image from somewhere else for the background and make it fit in. For example for a simple night sky you just need a photograph of some stars and it would probably be good enough. Anything is better than a black space with nothing in it!

Sentinal

The One And Only...

i think u should put a starry bg with some mountains... maybe near the middle and have a full moon coming from behind the mountains.... it looks good in my head right about now but it may look diff
but i think u should play around with diff times of day and diff scenes to c wat u like
hope i helped :)

The One And Only Freedom Gundam...

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Um...first, when posting in the Sandbox, please post a link to the image rather than the entire image.

* Contrary to what Shujaa said, adding a simple stock photo for the bg won't work. Using an unedited, or poorly edited, stock photo for a significant portion of the bg is not allowed here at MT.

* The bg definitely has potential. Judging from the bright colors of the chara, I would say day scene. However, it looks like you've already decided on night scene, so we'll just go with that. A/some moon(s), stars, and clouds seem to be in order. There are plently of tutorials for planet and star effects, so that should work out.

* There's a lot of blank space here, so you should fill in more of the bottom to avoid bottom-heaviness. Like Sentinal said, some mountains in the bg would be a good idea for that.

* Text! Of course most walls need text, and text gives the wall a lot of structure and character. With all that space, you could go in for some pretty dramatic text.

Hope this helps. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Tias

Tias

thanks, well i'm still not that good, and i've always get stuck with the tutorials to skies and planets half way, i can guess i will resize this wallpaper when i am done, it's in 1600x1200 right now
and i normally work with 1024x768, and i have a star bg i made that is in that size, if i cant go on with this one, (which seems like it) i will set it on pause and try somthing els, because i finnaly understand what people mean when they use scans, and how they are in good quality, so i guess i will be seeing myself trying to find some tutorials in the future(like making a beach, cause i found one that fits good to it)

Whoops, I guess using a stock photo is a bad idea after all! But you could use some as examples of how to make the kind of background you want. Why do you get stuck with tutorials halfway? Doesn't really make sense if they show you every step of the way to do it! Anyway good luck with it.

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Hm...I would recommend you not scale it down. Many people now have screens that are larger than 1024x769, and 1600x1200 is becoming an increasingly common resolution to see for walls. Plus, I recommend you get some practice with making bgs. It's a bit boring to use read-made bgs, and you'll learn more if you do it fresh. & tutorials? You don't have to follow them step by step; you can always improvise. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Well, I think that some temple in the background would be nice, if isn't too much work.

Signature
-+| Signature by me |+-

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

-If you are going to do a night-time background, you really should consider changing the coloration of the elements you already have. Moonlight tends to desaturate colors and give them a bluish cast. Grass and leaves simply do not look that vibrant at night.

-When making stars for a night sky, be sure to mix the colors up. Use some plain white, very pale pink, and very pale blue points of light as well as some variations on the size. There are lots of tutorials on the internet that will walk you step by step thru the process of making your own starfield.

-Text can be a good addition, but keep in mind that it is a wallpaper and not your first novel. People often get tired of seeing the same text day after day before they tire of the actual imagery.

Lots of potential in this wall...

If you are making it a night scene, I would suggest making everything less saturated with a slight bluish tinge. Try a cooling photo filter and do some manual air brushing for the moonlit parts. This is of course if you are going for natural lighting.

You could try the mystical effect like adding some mist or fog since the character is a ninja.

Refer to other wallpapers ( think that there are many with similar composition and night scene) for more ideas. Stock art will be able to help you picture real lighting.

Well it's really up to you! You could add a skyline, it could be countryside or a city, or mountains or whatever you want in there. It could also be daytime or night time... If you want you could make something more abstract. Sounds like you just need some inspiration, have a look at other peoples' work for some ideas.

true that

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.