Who likes X CLAMP's Ending?

Tagged under X

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Cancel

Not me though..

If you wanna find a guy who doesn't like naked girls. Go look for Prince Charming in some fairy tales!! ~ Ichitaka Seto

• Feb 18, 2006
Cancel

The TV series? I liked it, actually! I mean, it could have had more. Kamui ended up on the short side of the stick. I wubbles(LOVE) him too. Seems like his importance kinda died out a little. Like focus wavered a lot from him. But that's okay because we got to know others really well. Anyways...

The very ending, right? Well, I was a tad disappointed, looking forward to a big fight scene! You know, a really juicy one, because X has very cool action and fight scenes. So in that, we were kind of sold short. Everything building up to this great fight, and Kamui ends up le super weak! haha. I was sad. I was so sad for poor Kamui. I expected him to be stronger by then.

But besides that, it was okay. He didn't die super lamely. I think they should have gave him more. Like gave him something so that it could be an end for him too. It seemed like an end for everyone. Fuuma, and Yuzuriha, and Arashi, and well jsut everyone. Except for him.

You know, at the end, when Kotori says "The future is not yet decided," would it not have TOTALLY made the ending if Kamui had said something? Like agreeing with her. "Yes, you're right." <- well, that's kinda corny, but you get the idea. I think it would have brought total closure! And it would have given him something, like being with her after death. aww, but poor Kamui got nothing.

The world just leeched off his misery. Awww.

• Feb 18, 2006

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

Cancel

The ending in the movie and the TV series are really different. In the movie, no one survived but Kamui while in the TV series, Kamui is one of the few that died. I can't say which I like more. I like the movie's ending since Kamui didn't die but he was the only one that's left but in the series, even though many lived, my fave character died.... For me, there are flaws in both.. :(

• Feb 18, 2006
Cancel

I've never seen the film version of it, but from what I heard the ending in that was really bad. So I've refrained from seeing it - The ending in the TV series however, was somewhat sad, and it felt like something was missing. It was still a good one though.

Now I just have to wait and see the ending in the manga :-)

• Feb 18, 2006
Cancel

I only watched the seried, never heard of the movie ;p

But, yeah, as all viewers are waiting for that super-duper ultimate finale showdown, it turned out to be a few sword clash and a finishing blow.. I could have excepted it they were using Katana, but as they use dual edge sword (akak Western sword), it would be sad to die so soon..

Don't you think so?

If you wanna find a guy who doesn't like naked girls. Go look for Prince Charming in some fairy tales!! ~ Ichitaka Seto

• Feb 18, 2006
Cancel

True true. The fight was pretty much a total let down, to those of us expecting a super cool fight scene! Aww Kamui, why couldn't you awake to your ultimate power!?!? T_T

I have the movie, so I guess I'll watch it. I didn't want to watch it because I knew it'd spoil the series for me. Yes. I've heard its not as good, but I want to see for myself!

• Feb 19, 2006

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

Cancel

Well... in the movie, Kamui's power was awakened which lead to Fuma's beheading.

• Feb 19, 2006

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

I have yet to see the movie and the finale for the manga has yet to make an appearance in Border's, but I must say that I thought that the ending for the TV series left me satisfied. I was quite happy with the ending because it totally threw me for a loop. Normally the protaganist is the one who stays alive at the end... but I think that having Kamui die helps to illustrate the theme that "Even if we die, our dreams are passed onto those we love"... I hope that the manga ending is able to live up to the TV ending! (from what I've just read in the previous posts... not sure if I want to see the movie now...)

Signature Image

Cancel

I only read the manga.
From what i heard, it's a dead project. so... T_T

• Feb 19, 2006

Hira-Chan

Hira-Chan

~kono hikaru~

Cancel

The film version's ending was sad! >__< I like the manga better than the movie, though. I mean, at least some people should live, right? It was kind of sad when Kamui killed Fuma. [movie] My sister cried. But then again, she has a wicked hard crush on Fuma.

• Mar 30, 2006

BaraSuishou

BaraSuishou

the wicked 7th doll

Cancel

I like tragic endings. ^^

Signature
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him achieve world domination.

Cancel

What ending. =.=;;; Effin Asuka editors.

Cancel

did x1999(mangan)had the end?i am not sure
can you give me a address to down this mangan on internet?(to the newest part was published)
please
give me at my nick:asikakidakinowoa_thienthansamac

merged: 05-12-2006 ~ 11:16am
can you give me a address to down this mangan on internet?(to the newest part was published)
please
thanks

merged: 05-12-2006 ~ 11:16am
please
thanks for

• May 12, 2006

Loneprincess

dancing flowers

Cancel

i only read the manga i don noe wheres the movie n tv series

• May 13, 2006
Cancel

never mind
thanks!

• May 15, 2006

Miss-Junky

Lama Fea Lalwende

Cancel

i loved X CLAMP'S ending <3<3<3

true, beautiful and just perfect :) (i cryed XD)

i didn't read the manga but maybe i'll read it later !

I believe I can see the future because everyday is exactly the same [NIN]

• Jun 24, 2006

fenglinyin

fenglinyin

My another world

Cancel

I like the manga best ,Tv series is Ok,but the movie is my last favourite,I like Sorata ad Arashi,Seishirou and Subaru,and the three manin characters,they sufferred miserable fate.,,but the love between them is so moving

My own world,my big big world
Put this link under your signature for people to know that u are a member of this group: Clover-4-ever

sakurachriss5510

sakurachriss5510

*~*~*evErlAsTinG*~*~*~

Cancel

I didn't like the tv ending, kindda disappointed i guess. The manga is so much better! I heard the continuations of X is coming outsoon, somewhere this year, can't wait for it :D!

*tRue loVe prEvaiLs - asuCaga*

• Jun 30, 2006
Cancel

Okay, I own all the manga (which CLAMP really needs to finish before I start bawling my eyes out -again-), all the anime, and the movie. First off, the manga thus far is most definitly my favorite (I'm a really big fan of lots of blood, angsty bishounen, and just plain angst in general - especially if it's drawn really pretty). Secondly, I liked the TV series ending better simply for the fact Subaru didn't die within the first five minutes of watching (though I really, really wanted to see Sakurazukamori Subaru >__<). However, I would have preferred for Fuuma to die instead of Kamui, just 'cause I like Kamui better. Anyway, I really like all three because they all made me cry (many, many times). ^___^

• Jul 06, 2006
Cancel

...I love it! But the manga is the best. I'll wait its end T___T Please tell me it isn't a dead project T__T I haven't watched the movie... There is here a different ending? o.o

• Jul 16, 2006
Cancel

Starting off, I've gotta say I love most (in order) the manga, the anime series and the movie (I'm sure that's pretty much the same for quite a few people). With the manga there isn't any telling where the ending's gonna go with that (IF Clamp finish it >_<), and I've gotta I sort of half liked and disliked the endings of the anime and movie.
With the anime I loved the characters more than in the movie, and the way their stories finished off were done quite well...apart from the absolute ending with Kamui and Fuuma. I understand why it ended like that and I guess I liked it to some extent, but it just didn't feel like a complete enough ending for me =/ Strangely with the movie even though it was a bit weird I actually preferred it a bit more (maybe it was all the cherry blossom coming out of no where and the Kamui angst =P)
I just kinda hope that rather than going with the ending for the anime, the manga would have another different ending, which I think could happen following the differences in the last few episodes + volumes 17 and 18.
(I REALLY can't wait for Clamp to continue the manga! I only just recently finished buying the volumes I didn't have (9 volumes in one go *_*) and was almost sobbing over how much I wanted to read on but couldn't!)

pandemonium4146

pandemonium4146

Will Pelt You With Pebbles

Cancel

HATED IT.... I mean, the animation and stuff were good... but the ending ans the overall story? I hated it!

"It's like... it's like... unbelievable."
- I stutter in disbelief. >.>

• Jul 15, 2007
Cancel

It never had a real ending in the first place. CLAMP abandoned the project at vol 18 of the manga, leaving TONS of unrevealed mysteries. I prefer the manga better over the other two, where Fuuma's behaviour is more 'rational' (even though it's nowhere near rational, he killed his own sister!). Also, I'd like to see a fanfic of Kamui that chose to be a Dragon of Earth Something like Kotori suddenly bumps into a car and end up dying will totally sealed his will to live, thus he became a Dragon of Earth and he gets to torture Fuuma(hey, I don't really mean it, I'm not a shounen-ai lover ^^).

• Jul 16, 2007

pandemonium4146

pandemonium4146

Will Pelt You With Pebbles

Cancel

... I was talking about the anime' btw...

"It's like... it's like... unbelievable."
- I stutter in disbelief. >.>

• Jul 20, 2007

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.