Best Mecha Series Ever

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Cancel

Hi there, I´m just opening this thread so you all name which mecha series is in your opinion the best and why.

In my opinion it´s gotta be the Macross Saga followed in a very close second place by the Gundam saga, they are both great and the reason Macross is a bit higher in my own scale is because it´s a very good story, the characters are all well designed and the plot unfolds very nicely, and of course, theres the mechanical animation which is nicely done with a very high detail in the cells and very realistic transformation sequences.

One of the things I didn´t like about the Gundam Saga was that some of the alter universe series have really no reason to even exist, such as Turn A and G Gundam which are too far from the original concept, still I´m a huge fan of all the other Gundam series and as I said it´s a very close second place to Macross

• Feb 19, 2006
Cancel

Gekigangar 3 !

emm, wait, that isn't a real anime ! damn.

• Feb 19, 2006
Cancel

patlabor (ok, it's not a mecha serie as macross or gundam but well ... btw macross and gundam are great too)

• Feb 19, 2006

crsg

crsg

Artemis

Cancel

That depends whether you'd count Evangelion to be a mecha series. If so, that's definitely it for me.

ceriseangel2

ceriseangel2

Intjkitty

Cancel

gundam seed !

Cancel

Neon Genesis Evangelion a mech's a mech.

The strong will do what they can the weak will suffer what they must

• Feb 19, 2006
Cancel

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments here.
It is true Patlabor is a bit different from Macross and Gundam but it still counts as a Mecha series because Labors are a huge part of it as for Evangelion, there´s a thing preventing it from being a mecha series, EVAs are not really machines, they are living beings covered in armor platings and the fact that other series like Gundam, Macross and Patlabor have the mecha thing as a part of the story when Evangelion doesn´t.

Of course, that´s my opinion and if to you it is a mecha series I respect that and thank you for your comment

• Feb 20, 2006
Cancel

Eureka seven has my vote!

• Feb 20, 2006

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Cancel

I'd say Gundam Seed or Mars Daybreak (in that order) for the mecha
Divergence Eve for the ladies
08th MS Team for the storyline

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

• Mar 05, 2006
Cancel

Yeah! Gundam Seed's mechas are great!

My vote for Robotech

• Mar 05, 2006

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

Cancel

i'm more into the older series of gundam... like gundam 008 or even g-gundam, but evangelion's pretty good too!

• Mar 05, 2006

SouskeUK

SouskeUK

Sunny

Cancel

it has to be Macross, then Gundam Seed and Patlabor.
My other favs will be Full Metal Panic! and DaiGuard.

Right Now I'm too lazy to make a signature image!

• Mar 05, 2006
Cancel

The mini-series War in a Pocket is one of the best Gundam series.(the ending made me cry!)

Moati-san

Moati-san

occultism FTW!!!

Cancel

Gundam SEED is da shit! although for all the male sexists here, check out Godannar! every chick in that anime has like D's! and man do those things jiggle! XD

Signature

okayillgonow

okayillgonow

Never tolerate oppression...

Cancel

XD Gasaraki is my favorite due to the fact that their robots are just too cool and they're so much smaller and more compact than gundam robots. :D

''From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.'' (Karl Marx)

• Mar 05, 2006

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Cancel

Dare I say Vandread (puts hands on ears to block out the yelling of the other people on this thread), transforming mecha's, space battles, fans service for those who like that kind of stuff and a great story behind the series. Althought I do grudgingly have to mention Gundam -all series and spin-offs- and Neon Genesis Evangelion as other possible candidates.

ChopperDave

ChopperDave

Likes Gundam too much

Cancel

Mobile Suit Gundam

This is the series that defined Mecha Anime. There is no greater.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Cancel

Mobile Suit Gundam, it started the giant robots at war. Prior to MSG all giant robot series were of the uber robot type vs. the monster of the week. MSG made the new genre which in turn had many that followed. Macross, AT Votoms, Fang of the Sun Dougram, Metal Armor Dragonar, Patlabor. They all owe their roots to the original Gundam 0079. The King of robots at war.

AT Votoms would follow the second very close for me. As much as I like Gundam it's my opinion that most giant robots are just too big to be of any real use on the battle field. They're all big walking missile magnets that just shout out SHOOT ME! Votoms are by compairison small only around 15 feet tall, and work much like a IFV which is why Votoms stands for Vertical One-man Tank for Offensive Manuvers. The first of the realistic sized giant robots.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Cancel

Rahxephon and Full Metal Panic would be 2 of the best mecha series I've seen

• Mar 05, 2006
Cancel

Origionality: Super Dimensional Century Orguss

Best Plot/story/Presentation: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Best Comedy: Tied; Vandread, Nadesico

Best Saga: Super Dimensional Fortress Macross

• Mar 05, 2006
Cancel

It would have to be Eureka seveN. The Nirvash and type theEnd are really something. Rahxephon would come next. I think it outclasses Evangelion although that did make an impression on me as well. Both are really well done.

SouskeUK

SouskeUK

Sunny

Cancel

Quote by okayillgonow XD Gasaraki is my favorite due to the fact that their robots are just too cool and they're so much smaller and more compact than gundam robots. :D

I have to agree with you 100%.
Gasaraki has one of the most realistic mechas. the movement are so real and complicated.
when countries starts to make robots for combat in future I'm pretty sure they will mostly look like the ones from Gasaraki. :)

Right Now I'm too lazy to make a signature image!

• Mar 05, 2006

VindicatoR

VindicatoR

Greato!

Cancel

Quote by heijihattori2000Rahxephon and Full Metal Panic would be 2 of the best mecha series I've seen

I'll agree with u there, those would be the same choice for me. :)

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Cancel

Quote by SouskeUK

Quote by okayillgonow XD Gasaraki is my favorite due to the fact that their robots are just too cool and they're so much smaller and more compact than gundam robots. :D

I have to agree with you 100%.
Gasaraki has one of the most realistic mechas. the movement are so real and complicated.
when countries starts to make robots for combat in future I'm pretty sure they will mostly look like the ones from Gasaraki. :)

You should probably try AT Votoms. It's an older series, but it was the first to have smaller robots. Much like the Gasaraki, it wouldn't suprize me if the writer and designer for Gasaraki worked on or got their inspiration from AT Votoms. Although Votoms do have a secondary movement system, gliding wheels on their feet. They move quiet fast on good terrain, like a roller skater.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.