Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Matter With Gender - Minitokyo

The Matter With Gender

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

I think the hole steriotyping thing is stupid. You just have to be yourself becouse everyone is different. I don't care if a girl acts like a boy or a boy acts like a girl.

Sometimes I act girly and sometimes like a tomboy, and even dress both ways. For example, I love my old ratty jeans since they're so comfortable, but I also love wearing my long flowy skirt. I'm just who I am, no matter how girly or boyish that is.

Strawberry444

Strawberry444

~ The HYPER and Insane one ~

Quote by crsgSometimes I act girly and sometimes like a tomboy, and even dress both ways. For example, I love my old ratty jeans since they're so comfortable, but I also love wearing my long flowy skirt. I'm just who I am, no matter how girly or boyish that is.

You said exactly what I was going to say! I act girly and sometimes act like a tomboy; but I am who i am.

...Funga-fufu!!! - Yoh Asakura

keroandsuppy

keroandsuppy

Manga Freak~!!!!! Maniac~*

For one thing, I hate that too. I am a girl that has a lot of power (but is fat) Boys at my school tell me to act like a girl because I act like boys when I hit people to get control of them. Of course the other fact is being lazy and fat is like a old man... and also that the fact that I like blood, and guts and all those gory things... I think its ok for women/girls to like gory things, or what boys like (such as colors other than "girly" colors... and whats wrong with girls liking pretty girls!? (other than umm lesbian but I am not against gay or lesbian!) But it was funny when my cousin which is a boy with long hair, got mistaken and a resturant lady said to my aunt, "Thats a nice daughter you have!"

Quote by gel-chanIf you're a girl have you ever been told to act your gender? Or a guy perhaps. Me.... Lots of times. Well... I'm not boyish let me tell you that, but there are some cases where people (like me) act like the opposite gender.

Scenario:
My mom says "Act like a girl! You're so lazy! Are you a boy?!" -_- . Well... Guys, I sometimes act like a boy. No problem with that. But the problem is this: the treatment. I mean when a girl fools around and acts silly she's considered to be "wierd" (I suppose) but then when guys do that they say its totally "natural". Why is that? :hmpf: . Guys (this is the truth) my IQ level is way above average, but for a girl like me I'm certainly am lazy, I get lower grades than anyone alse in my class. Then the treatment comes in. Me, wierdo, lazy, irresponsible; equals bad. Guys; equals natural.

I am not a tomboy! I just act like a boy but my emotions aren't. I am very girly sometimes and I am fashion conscious. HAHA. And others say I'm very pretty, ask my friend Kawaiimille!

It's just unfair. The treatment and all. OX

It has been 'proven' that people that have more insight in stuff that have to do with math are rather lazy? Maybe that explains it a bit?

Siri

Siri

Suou

i just always get asked to do house work because i'm a girl and i'm meant to do it.
that and guys always go "wow you play computer games? but you're a girl"
i've always known i was pretty boyish any way
it doesnt really bother me
people can say what they like
thats my personality

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

In my opinion.. Gender roles are a stigma of our society, nothing in biology determines that a certain gender should do things in a certain manner (as prescribed by society). Way I see it, it's just the way how everyone who "fit" in to the gender roles perfectly tries to pull you down as they circle the drain. Really, if we are all meant to be like that, we'll probably be as inconsequential as the previous person who acts like that, c'mon, even personality are given gender (e.g. "Your mindset is like a guy's!" or "You think like a girl!").

I really don't see how anyone acts "boyish" or "girlish" in any manner, I don't see why actions and behavior should be given genders, and ultimately, how are people with ambiguous genders suppose to act huh?!?!

One of my greatest dislike has to be being forced to adhere to a certain role because of my gender, pfft. Stand strong for your own style, I say.

DiamondMaX

DiamondMaX

Oh Captain, My Captain

the ability to differentiate between what is strictly a females job and what is a man's varies between the generation. i feel that the ability to act boyish/girlish is not a matter of who perceives it but more a matter of what is physically possible for each gender and the influence of time and people. For example girl's integrety and endurance are dominant traits in females however once a person defects from that template they can say that she or he does not act their gender. Besides who cares? if you don't want someone to think all you can do for the rest of your life is cook/clean or be a lazy a's then i guess that person does not truly appreciate your personality

Anime is what makes the world go 'round. : )
Plus Computers and good ol' green backs

Since there are genders, there are double standards and stereotypes. The first is harmful as a means of comparing human behavior; all people generally think the same way, gender has nothing to do with until stereotypes come into play. This is often what makes us think we are "wrong" for following a certain line of thought.

Sure, there are slight differences in between the genders, but being a "girl" and "guy" as far as your way of thinking...I don't really think that's being rational. The only reason people act a specific gender in our minds is because society has caused us to think of it that way.

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

Quote by Sirii just always get asked to do house work because i'm a girl and i'm meant to do it.
that and guys always go "wow you play computer games? but you're a girl"
i've always known i was pretty boyish any way
it doesnt really bother me
people can say what they like
thats my personality

I play computer games too. I've been told by that too. Its just wierd you know.

As for the rest of yah, unfair treatment is what we're talking about... Not homosexuality or the fact that we only have two genders and not four. Just cleared that out for you. ^_^'

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.