Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Something worrying I've just noticed - Minitokyo

Something worrying I've just noticed

page 1 of 1 3 total items

When browsing through an imageboard recently, I noticed a comment saying that a picture was bound to be taken down, not because of who made it, but because it was at Minitokyo. It may be that people are starting to get the impression that everybody at Minitokyo is the sort of person who uses copyright on other people to stop them from redistributing their work. It would be awful if someone was to think that they couldn't distribute one of (well, either of) my walls because it was up here.

If by example, you grant them permission, wouldn't be ok ?
Mt by default doesn't give autorization to reproduce the artwork, so that people wanting to host them has to ask the artists... anyway I think it is honest than an artist has something to say about where his/her artwork is shared.

But IMO it's different for scans.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

If a member wants people to post his/her wallpapers/artwork elsewhere, MT will not do anything to hamper that freedom. However, it is that member's own responsibility to give permission where necessary and make it clear to others that the artwork can be reposted.

MT will protect the works of members from intentional ripping. Any rippers who repost works done by other MT members will be deleted. MT also will not allow ripping of artwork found elsewhere on the Internet.

I hope that clears up the policy! :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.