Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Erementar Gerad - Minitokyo

Erementar Gerad

Tagged under Erementar Gerad

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

I have been seeing alot of mixed emoutions about this series and i was wondering what you all think about it. I think that it is a great anime with a good story line and a great mix of characters but I am also only on episode 22 out of 26 so I cant give it an overall rateing.

I think it is a good series it has humour action romance and a overall good plot.

Big thanks goes to Devildude for the sig. Master told me that there are two kinds of human beings in the world, those that are blessed and those that are not. Everyone wants to be blessed ones but...That's not the way the world is! I've tried and tried to be the first kind but i think god's already decided how my life will be. Now as one of those who have not been blessed i'm ready and willing to walk down any kind of dark path my path my life leads me to, with a smile on my face.Ares http://www.TheMafiaBoss.com/?refer=trug
Signature

im happy to know im not the only one =]

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

I love this series... I like the relationship between Coud and Ren... Ren's my fave character.

Im stuck between towo for my fav, I like Ren alot but also Kuea. She is an amazing character and can always bring a smile to your face.

I liked the series. It dragged at some places, but that's to be expected of any series. It kept me interested throughout and the character development is nicely done.

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

I love the episode when Coud saw Ren wrapped up in a towel... :D

ryuu-niisan

ryuu-niisan

The Ninjama

come on what about the episode where Kuea is chew on Rowen's head in the castle xD. love the anime, love the funny scenes, got a tear or two in my eyes towards the end hehehe ^^

I love this series! I like the main characters.

The series itself is alright, i guess. Maybe its just overly advertisted and anticipated. It was certainly not one best animes i have seen, but the character designs are excellent, especially Ren's overall design and the guardians' distinct uniforms.

I really liked Cisqua's voice, Nana Mizuki protrayal of her character is just awesome! Her voice expression really stood out among all the other characters in the series even though i dont understand a word they are saying. ^.^ I am really considering her as one of my favourite seiyuus.

i like cisqua the most, ne! she's awesome, strong and nice, ne! ren's good too, kuea's also great, and rowen's okay, but coud is kinda... well, i just don't really like him, ne.
i love the anime and the manga. they're both so great, ne!

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

That's funny, because I hated her for the most part (for the first half, anyway, until she was forced to swallow her own self-righteous attitude.) Amazingly enough, I thought she was so much worse in the manga to boot. The fact that Coud is an archetype shounen blowhard for most of the first half as well didn't really do much to lower the ire I had against Cisqua.

I mean, she tags along Coud and Ren completely uninvited and unwanted, putting up a front of wanting to help them while secretly planning to stab Coud in the back as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Also, most of the running gags in the show about her has her putting front a self-righteous spiel about something, and then have her completely turn against her little lesson in morality mere seconds after. On top of that, she's no less incompetent than Coud, despite supposedly being a top trained Arc Aile executive.

And the kicker is that she's ten times worse in the manga.

Compared to that, Coud (or Cou or whatever) is just your average shounen lead idiot. His worst crimes is... well, being a pirate, which is bad enough, I guess, but at least he has some semblance of a moral code.

As for the show itself; it's neither overappreciated or underappreciated. It's an average action show with an average mix of action and cliches. If you're not expecting a whole lot, then it's perfectly good entertainment.

Yeah, that's the one side, true. But on the other side, she didn't want an edil raid because she doesn't want to use them as a weapon because she sees them not as tools or things at all. And Coud would deffinitely be lost without the trio, at least at the beginning.
And these running gags are something bringing me to laugh again and again, ne.
Also right, at the beginning she would have done everything to just bring ren to the head quarters, but when she realises that arc ailes ways aren't really the right ones she decides to instead help them on, ne!
I don't like coud that much because he's a pirate/criminal/whatever, he just does say on the one hand he want to protect ren, and do everything for her, and the next second again that she's an awesome weapon. also not better in my opinion.
but hey, eveybody has his own favorites, ne! ^^

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

The show was average, but it did keep me entertained, and that's what most important for me. Kuea was the highlight of the show. I found her to be quite odd and original from other characters I've come across in various anime. :)

Signature Image

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by cisqua-chanYeah, that's the one side, true. But on the other side, she didn't want an edil raid because she doesn't want to use them as a weapon because she sees them not as tools or things at all.

Aaaah, you mean the girl who wanted nothing more than to become Cisqua's Edel Raid. But then, Cisqua never really asked her what she wanted, so how could she know that? I guess the blame for that basically fell upon the both of them, since whatshername never told Cisqua about her point of view. In hindsight, maybe it's a good thing Cisqua never took her as a Raid. Heaven knows how destructive she would have become then, in light of her exceptional lack of control and her long string of comically bad ideas. If anyone should be credited for being good role models for Cou, then I think Rowen and Kuea is far more deserving of that particular accolade.

Speaking of which, where does that place Rowen and Kuea, then? Or Latharte and Lilia? I guess since they're "using" Edel Raids, then that must make them bad by default. I wonder how Cisqua puts up with that, what with her attitude towards the whole "using Edel Raids" thing. At least she has the good grace to admit when she's wrong; I'll give her that. Eventually, that might even happen in the manga, if her idiocy doesn't get Cou and Ren killed.

As for Cou, I hardly think his teenage bravado counts for much. If you're talking about the scene I think you are talking about, then his "Ren is an awesome wepon lol" is more of a "gah, I don't want to admit that I like her" rather than a "wowee, I'm strong now." I'm not saying he isn't an idiot, because he most certainly is, but if you honestly thinks he looks at Ren more as a weapon than an uncomfortably cute (and very goth) girl, then you need to pay more attention. In both the anime and the manga, he's basically the same; a teenage idiot who needs to grow up, which is the point of the entire thing, I think.

So yeah, that's my view on the whole situation. Take it as you will.

I like the plot, story and the good humour, until it diviate from the original story lines........Which is a shame.

I recommend everyone who like the anime to follow the manga version.

Quote by Northy
Speaking of which, where does that place Rowen and Kuea, then? Or Latharte and Lilia? I guess since they're "using" Edel Raids, then that must make them bad by default.

That's not what I meant. That's right, they're using them, but not seeing them as tools like some people do. All these bad guys, you know. But for Rowen/Kuea and Rasati/Lilia (and the other good-side guys and edil raids) - they are not fighting as a human using a weapon, but as two partners fighting together. I guess that's one of the important points for a good relationship between Edilraid/Preja.
And i know Coud's only saying these weapon-awesome stuff about Ren when he's embarrassed because he actually likes her, but that doesn't make these words less hurting. But thank goodness he starts doing that less. It's right, he's learning, but some things he could also think about before speaking... And when he said in manga #4 that it's somehow going to work without training just because he was lazy without thinking of the fact that it hurts/is a higher risk for Ren too when he can't really fight/ isn't strong I couldn't help but think that smack from Cisqua he got back then was deserved. But he got over that, so it's okay. He really gets lots less annoying while the story goes on.
And you've really got a point with the fact that Cisqua in combination with an Edil Raid might probably be really dangerous, even though there's no way she would treat her like the hunter treated Chiruru (at least at the beginning).

I like the idea of an edil raid and a human react to obtain awesome powers and isn't that nice if you have an edil raid girlfriend or something but I would rather protect them like Cisqua did but I will still react with an edil raid if she really wants to in short, I would prefer useing my own skills rather than depending on edil raid.

I loved this series. I was first drawn to it by a few anime pictures I'd had and had no idea what anime it was from. After a friend helped me find the name of it, I was curious. The first episode drew me in right away (partially because of the intro, so catchy! love it).

To answer your question, I do agree that it is amazing. Great plotline, anime style is good, voicing and the way the characters evolve. Kuea and Ren have got to be my favorite characters, and I always adored Coud and Ren's relationship and how it went as it progressed.

Definitely a unique anime too imo.

Signature

veeh4anime

veeh4anime

? KIRABOSHI

When I first heard of it, I didn't like Ren to be honest. But as I watched it, I fell in love with Rowen and Kuea. ACK, they're so A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
I love the fighting the scenes, the humour and everything else! Elemental Gelade is an anime I'd recommend to anyone :D

OYAKATA-SAMAAAAAAAAA!
Signature

Dreamsprite

Dreamsprite

Leaf Village Shinobi

I like it.

If this were the first shonen I saw that maybe I would have appreciated that but I have many before him, he seemed to fade, with no originality, with the ultra predictable reactions and an end to the rose water.

So I hated this anime.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Don't bump old threads, especially after they've already been bumped once before after such a long period of time.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.