Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Problem: Server Issues (pwn3d thumbnails) - Minitokyo

Problem: Server Issues (pwn3d thumbnails)

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

We are currently experiencing an issue with the download server, and as a result, images are being displayed with the default placeholder pwn3d image. As we are aware of the issue, please do not report pwn3d images or create threads complaining about seeing the pwn3d image instead of the scan or wallpaper you were expecting. To prevent losing credits, you may want to refrain from downloading images right now.

As a reminder, pwn3d images are still in the gallery, and if you see the pwn3d image, you're probably experiencing some flakiness in your connection to the download server. Corrupted images will not yield the pwn3d image and will not cost you credits; if you try to download a corrupted image, you will see a "corrupted image" message [link], so please do not report images unless you see the corrupt image message.

We apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you please bear with us while we work to resolve the issue. Thanks!

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I wondered why I couldn't download anything. Good thing I didn't use too many DQs. Thank you for the update. :) I hope it gets fixed soon. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

MichaelW

MichaelW

Kazuma Ryou

*Gets really annoyed seeing pwn3d...*

That losely translates as "stolen" doesn't it?... it's obviously hacker-speak... and it means "owned"... which is what hackers put up when they take over a website... stealing it.

Couldn't you guys come up with a nicer default image?

And after you guys have fixed this problem... will I have to refrain from right-clicking the download link and using "Open in new window" or will that still work? (Some sites don't allow it, although Minitokyo does presently of course...)

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

meh, probably because of that incident then, whatever it was, i hope this gets fixed soon, is there an ETA on when it is expected to be fixed?

Edit:
as for the hacker speak, I myself would say why not say "Connection Timed Out, Image unable to download, please either refresh, press back or redownload again, do report this image so that you gain back the credits lost for the time out session"

At least make it clear, I think it helps to prevent future "Pwned" people keep making new threads regarding the issue.

So does the corrupt image link
You guys should change it bigger, I can hardly see the words on top, for user-friendly sake. XD

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Oops...accidentally reported one before seeing this thread
Must stop downloading until the problem is fixed then...

Will the pwn3d message eventually be going away now that we have the corrupt image message?

I wasted 3 free credits trying to download stuff. This explains it.

But I still want my credits back!

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

I think it should be changed to saying in huge font, "HAHA You just wasted X amount of credit. Please Come Again!"

yeap same with I johnwe I just wasted 3 free credits too downloading an image (disapointed). Also May I make a suggestion? Why don't you have a sticky section on the front page that not only displays the latest threads that are being posted (active) but perhaps one that may have news Items that pertain to what is going on in Minitokyo. It might save you some grief of people ranting when they can't do something and it is relevant to the site.

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

I think you may want to change the "Pwn3d" image. Might give people the wrong idea. Like a hacker.

Yay for me checking before trying again. Used only one credit. >D

Learning little by little.
Signature

cool but now i can't download ,Free Download Quota:00
I finish them to dl a wally...

will you make a plan to get our dq's and credits back or they gone until renewed? i lost 4 and was about to post a thread asking when i found this one instead. any luck in the fixing of this?

and quota too

I lost two 'free download quota'

self ownage ^^'

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

As before there won't be any compensation for FDQ or credits lost. your just going to have to earn it back the old fashion way by contributing in the forums.
It doesn't matter for the FDQ since it will replenish in 24 hours not that it matters now since no images it seems can be seen without getting the pwned image

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Please just post when the problem is resolved.

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

I like that everyone's complaining about how many credits they've lost due to the dreaded "pwn3d." Everyone's been sounding very mature and complaining about the totally unselfish things.

aww... this came too late >.< i've wasted my free downlaod quota and more than 10 credits! ~_~

ghostued

ghostued

Another EvaManiac

i have wasted my FDQ and credits too, but now its a matter of trust in the MT admins :)

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

hehe...i still think it would be good if they changed the default failed download picture to a nice girl, with the words scribbled, "Sorry! Download timed out! Please Refresh, Press Back or ReDownload again!" along with the side note that says "report this to get back credits!"
should be a welcome change....better than Pwned...

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Yes, i was thinking if it was an error with a proxy or something like this...

Devildude has a point I guess... a pic like that would be more soothing:D
At first I thought the server got hacked or something, but luckily that didn't happen...

wolfdemonakina

I'll Never Let Go...

wow...that explains a lot...oh well...i already wasted a lot of my download quota on those pwn3d images

Lei-137

Dark Destiny

As of today, I got 5 Free Download Quota, but due to that error, I lost alll 5 Free DLs and lost 20.5 Credit points, I just wish that there are some way to know whether the image we are going to download are "pwn3d" or not.
T_T, This sucks, And I was supposed to maintain a 100.0 Credit

Signature Image

"There's a point of life that a man is more free than others, But among the dead the united world has no power"

Zepphyre

Zepphyre

Renaissance Man

I totally agree with Devildude too. Seeing the message "pwn3d" is rather annoying, especially considering I didn't get the image I wanted.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.