Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Customizing HTML userpage content- Um, help! - Minitokyo

Customizing HTML userpage content- Um, help!

page 1 of 1 7 total items

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

Howdy, everybody! Here goes the dumbest question you've ever heard.

Ok, I'm wondering how to put those extra "panels" in the center of userpages where people post announcements, stuff about themselves, cool images, and whatnot. (I mean above the threads and everything.) I've been looking at some people's html source code and considered copy/pasting some stuff into my "Customize Userpage Content" window and modifying off of that, but if I put some jacked-up stuff in there, I don't know if the system will simply reject it, or crash my whole userpage. (That would be baaad.)

And on that note, as far as putting together HTML code, is it possible to "cheat?" By that I mean doing something like putting together a MS Word document or something like that, and saving it in HTML format, will that successfully upload? Is there a better program that's standard procedure?

Also, once I put some stuff in there, does any option appear to modify or remove what you've already put in? I'd hate to have to go grab somebody every time I wanted to update my stuff.

:sweat: Yes, this is the extent of how clueless I am. I really appreciate any and all comments! Because I've had a blank userpage for almost 7 months and it's very irritating. Grazie, and ciao!
:pacman:

P.S. I don't post this lightly- I already managed to lock myself out of my account once, and that was just messing with my skin.

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote: Ok, I'm wondering how to put those extra "panels" in the center of userpages where people post announcements, stuff about themselves, cool images, and whatnot.

Those are additional divs of classes outer and inner, respectively.

Quote: but if I put some jacked-up stuff in there, I don't know if the system will simply reject it, or crash my whole userpage. (That would be baaad.)

The system will try to render whatever you toss into your userpage. If you find yourself in a hopeless mess, please find the nearest friendly local moderator to help get you out of your unpleasant userpage situation.

Quote: By that I mean doing something like putting together a MS Word document or something like that, and saving it in HTML format, will that successfully upload? Is there a better program that's standard procedure?

Using a Word document and saving it as HTML is never a good idea. If you want to put in custom content, it's best to learn HTML and manually enter everything in.

Quote: Also, once I put some stuff in there, does any option appear to modify or remove what you've already put in?

You will always see the same interface whenever you go to update your userpage content.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

You can copy my page lol, I will like the PM i sent you last time, use that one if you haven't deleted it.
The rest, if you are interested, like I say, i will help you.
Also, if you are interested, you can copy my page, I will send you a PM if you want that.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

FloralFallal

FloralFallal

Lover of shirtless anime men

I too have been trying to figure out this whole HTML stuff myself. I just basically started out with quizzes and stuff but then I found these two web-sites that just showed the basic HTML codes:

HTML Codes

And this one for the font colors you can use:

Font Color Codes

Yeah it bugged me when I didn't have anything cool on my page either but this really helped me and I've started to change my userpage on here but I'm far from done. Hopefully that'll help you and if you have any more questions about this you can ask me and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability. That is if you want to do it yourself. :D

Signature Image
Thanks again to Tinbad for my avi and sig

You could conceivably save your code as a notepad document and copy and paste your code into the userpage customization box...if you want a local copy of your code

beanbun

All creamy inside.

If you have Microsoft Front Page, you can do it all on your computer to keep a local copy, and then edit and rework as needed.

onestepclosertonumb

onestepclosertonumb

-Beneath the Elysion-

Sorry, i want to ask this : how can i remove my old titles without adding new ones ? I just want to make the titles all blank to put in the bg header but i dunno how to do it!

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Userpage Customization | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.