Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What software do you use to download fast? - Minitokyo

What software do you use to download fast?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 65 total items

Movies from torrents , applications from Internet Download Manger or 迅雷 .

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by minebannDon't download accelerators basically work by abusing the server?

I just download from servers normally, (I don't use a retarded browser like IE which can't even resume downloads), or if I want to put something in a script, wget.

like I said, most accelerators are site and server abusers, and unless you have a paid membership to the site, it normally refuses them to prevent leeching, as you can download hundreds of files at the speed of half of the normal time, because of this, servers are usually hogged up these speed enhancers.
In other words, most accelerators are leeching softwares, and I myself recommend against using them mostly, not unless it is definitely necessary such as catching limited downloads, or with rapishare which sucks.
If you do support a particular anime site with direct downloads, never use them, this way, you are helping the site to stay alive longer, and you are also helping yourself.

XD

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Abusing the server only if you set them to. You can use them purely for their pause resume features if you want.

You can always change the settings on the accelerators to 1 connection though. Wouldnt that help? so basicly just using it for the pause and resume so that u can start something and then finish downloading it later.

Kget if its really big, but normally i simply use the firefox downloader for http files and gftp for ftp files.

atog

atog

Anime atog freak

i use flash get (flashgot for mozzila). this makes my downloads organized and you can sort it. but the best for me is torrents the only problem with it is the firewalls at school and offices block it. :(

SouskeUK

SouskeUK

Sunny

I use FlashGet if I need to resume a big download but its rare.
as for anime via torrents I use Azureus and BitSpirit.

Right Now I'm too lazy to make a signature image!

Azureuz is in my opinion one of the best because it's fast and can download
2 things at once

Flashget for http and ftp
uTorrent for torrents
mIRC+NoNameScript for IRC download (sometimes it's much more faster to download anime (mostly) form IRC channel than from BT)

Minebann, accelerators do multiple requests to the same file.
So multiple file streams are opened from server to client.
Modern server software plainly ignores the try to do this.

I use Firefox for all downloading.
Or Lynx (its pretty fast at downloading stuff) but wget does the trick for batching.

FlashGet and DAP.Simply ze best!

Darkest secrets.Betray your friends.Look into the eyes of fear.Love the right person.Let go

Brollyr0x

The Legendary Super Saiyan

flashget, internet explorer downloading manager is fast as well

Everyone gets away with something. No one gets away with everything...

dMp

dMp

^___________^

Torrents and IRC

I like using GetRight. It's very useful for http downloads and resumes if it gets cut off.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Just the Firefox download manager. Its okay.

Signature

I use flashget to download most of the file. if it doesn't work, then IE.

Quote by dMpTorrents and IRC

Nice combo, there are lots of good stuff in old IRC.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ecchi-Club | Yuri-Lovers | Kimono-Fans

I use Firefox and nothing more.
Oh well, i did tune my firefox a bit so it opens more connections to one server but thats a pure basic firefox modification.

torrents (Azureus although it really does kill my comp, eating up ram).
My sis uses Clubbox. it isn't bad, really, although it's in Korean for the most part...which she cant read so have to read tutorials.

Utorrent for Torrent the faster to me.
Emule for the slow thing and Firefox for DDL

If it's a rather big download I use wget :)
For other stuff, like images or other little files and videos, Firefox is enough.

Firefox is enough for me, and bitcomet (because its the first one i saw and so long it does its job im fine with that) . If i really want a faster download then I would think of upgrading my internet service... I dont like accelerators, its like a virtual drug can cause problematic side effects. I like to take things simple with not much things too worry about

Vampire Bite or be Bitten

Bittorrent all the way for me. I use Azureus to download aniem episodes.

cassandraronald

cassandraronald

..+Arashi Arashi for dream+..

i use Bitcomet it is kinda of fast

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 65 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.