Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of Spirited Away? - Minitokyo

What do you think of Spirited Away?

Tagged under Spirited Away

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

syeung321

syeung321

~Midnight Angel~

Hey everybody, i just noticed that it seems that a lot of people like Spirited Away better than Howl's Moving Castle (which is my fav anime movie) and im just curious to know why... i mean i just want your opinions thats all and im not tellin you that Howl's Moving Castlë is the best so please dont take this offensively.

Ive never seen Howl's Moving Castle but i have seen spirited away and ts a good movie but tis kinda like a kids movie so....my fav anime movie is ninja scroll (not for kids)

Howl's Moving Castle are good anime too. I liked Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle better than Mononoke. I practically find myself feeling asleep when watching Mononoke. The storyline in Spirited Away seems to be more toward japanese folk;s tale, rather than Howl's Moving Castle which is much more on fantasy.

I like Spirited away. I think it has a great story line, great characters, and great music.

I've never seen Howl's Moving Castle, but I like Spirited Away a lot. It's very imaginative, tender, and interesting. It's much different than Princess Mononoke, which I also like. It's more grim that Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle (I'm assuming), so maybe that type of cautionary tale was a one-time thing. Though to be fair, there's a decent amount of social commentary in Spirited Away.

Spirited Away is one of my favorite Miyazaki films. For the purpose of the post I'll simply say that I really enjoy the imagination, "wonder" and the chartacters -- but there's plenty left in-between worth mentioning.

I've yet to see Howl's Moving Castle, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it a great deal when I do.

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

I love to watch it...thx to my sis who bought me the anime for my Bday :)

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

i thought it was good, but my firs impression of the show was: "WAS this guy HIGH when he created this?!" :)

It is a very good movie. I like the artwork, the color, landscape and characters. However I wish the story line could be more clear. I really wonder what is going on simettimes during in movie

i have to say that Hayao Miyazaki is one of my favorite directors, Spirited Away was a great movie to me, it always makes you laugh, always makes you smile and feel the emotion of the story. I also thought Howl's Moving Castle was amazing as well, the characters are really great, it makes you love them from the beginning. The story as well is unique and you just can't help but love it all, i know i did so all i'm saying is they are damn good watch them all!

mineharu

mineharu

Mine powahh!

Spirited Away *_______* i love spirited away.. i can see it over and over again.. it has many great characters and the story wow.. ^^.. me like alot :3.. i think Miyazaki did a great job on this one..
and by the way Livesel i agree with u "It is a very good movie. I like the artwork, the color, landscape and characters" ^^..

M!ne

Signature

I like Sprited Away, but it always leaves me wishing I knew more about Japanese folklore. As far as I know Myazaki's stories all come from folk lore, just like Disney. I think that is why Disney did the 10 movie deal with him which they backed out on. Over all I do enjoy the rich colours and the emotional content of the movie. I think I could have enjoyed it more if I knew the story it was based on.

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

I know Miyazaki is an amazing director, and I enjoyed Spirited Away at the beginning, but the ending just left me lost. Well, the part just before the ending... Anywho, it was an enjoyable movie, but nothing beats My Neighbour: Totoro ^_^

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

well ive never watched howls moving castle yet despite many friends telling me to watch it >_> havnt found the time to watch it just yet with school anyways getting to the point i enjoyed watching spirited away purely from the story most likely its probably the myterious fiber getting to me and the excellent animation style its sort of hard to explain actually ^^;

ShiXon

ShiXon

PFFFTT.

well i haven't watch howl's moving castle but i simply love spirited away
because it has such a fun and whimsy storyline and just very interesting ;p

HAY THARR.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

I saw it for the first time on Cartoon Network on sat, I can't believe I stayed away from the Miyazaki films for so long. Spirited Away was quite the masterpiece...my mother who happened to be here even found it to be a very engaging story. It is incredibly imaginative movie, and I now can't wait to see the other Miyazaki films they will show on CN this month on Saturdays.

I haven't seen Howls Moving Castle yet so my opinion will be completely one sided and I loved Spirited Away. When it first came out and was translated down by Disney I wasn't too thrilled to go and see it after all if you try and compare and compete Japanese Anime to American animation there is no contest and no real comparison except for both are animated but then I saw it on CN for the first time and loved it to death wooo hooo! All hail Japan the country of lesser gods!

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Sprited Away was so strange, and not in anyway similar to the kind of stuf I susally watch, but yet I still got into it and loved it. It isn't my favourite, but it was very good. I almost bought Howl's Moving Castle on impulse today, but my kinda tight budget is probably relived that I didn't.

*******Spoiler Somewhat.... Don't read if you dare!**********

Well Howl's Moving Castle doesn't really explain much of anything. Although I loved Howl's Moving Castle a lot. Howl is hot lol. Spirited Away was more involved in the plot than that of Howl's Moving Castle. There were some things that weren't explained, like Howl's past. How he came across Calsipher. You know, things like that. I just didn't really understand the whole childhood thing. Ah well. I also didn't understand that Sophie did have brown hair while being cursed, and such. but yet I believe the curse was lifted, but her hair was still white. ::shrugs::

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Both were very good but the sad thing is that his true masterpiece in my mind didn't get even nominated for an acdemy award i think his best movie is Princess Monoke it has a great storyline a good ending, and show the struggle between humanity and nature.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

Spirited Away is one of my favorite Miyazaki's because of its artwork, plotline, and characters...it manages to be cute and touching
I was really looking forward to Howl's because of read the book it's based on, but was rather disappointed when I finally saw the movie
I prefer the characterizations and humorous tone of the book to the movie...since the movie plot was not an original Miyazaki...I felt like he mixed together a lot of elements from his other movies without coming out with anything extremely original...I especially disliked the political/war spin Miyazaki placed on the story...it was never a part of the book and felt really forced to me
The movie art style was lovely though
Anyways...I'm such a huge Miyazaki fan that even though I didn't like Howl's I still wouldn't mind watching it

Shadu

Shadu

Lost Myself

I've watched almost all of Hayao Miyazaki's major films and I loved them all. :D I saw Howl's Moving Castle just recently and it was fantastic indeed. The artwork, the story,. . . ^_^ Absolutely fantastic. Though, of all his movies, my favorite is My Neighbor Totoro. In a lot of Miyazaki's films, there's a lot of childish fantasy, for which, no matter how old you get, will never cease to impress.

I guess that's why I like movies like Spiritied Away and such. They just open up all the doors to the imagination that were left shut for so long. ^_~

You need only believe. . .

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Howl's Moving Castle had some illogic and flaws in there- but it's most probably because i didn't understand well enough. But i understood Spirit Away the very first time i watched it though.
i just think the characters in Spirit Away was more creative and out-of-the-world special~ compare to Howl's.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

arkata

arkata

Arkata

I just entered here as I saw the question title, but then read that a comparison with the new anime film by the same director is requested... and I must say I haven't seen it yet, although I intend to do it <_<. I had no free time when it was released where I live, and then it went away T_T

As for Spirited Away, in my opinion it's a beautiful tale, almost a legend, and I think it can be seen by kids (who will enjoy all the magic and the little Chihiro adventures) and adults, due to the subtle criticism of greedy, consumism, materialism and defence of ecologism...Besides, the author plays around with colours in order to make you feel what's happening in the movie, so that not only you get sad, or happy, or rushed when Chihiro gets lost, meets friends or runs away: you get completely involved in the story thanx to the atmosphere that Miyazaki manages to transmit...
A wonderful film.
As for the other one... well, I'll let you know as i see it... ;)

Signature

Proud member of I-Luv-Guy-Wallies, Hispanime, Kenshin-Gumi

Never forget to give some tipp to your waiter, for his at your service but not your server...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.