Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Openings and endings: in Japanese or in you language? - Minitokyo

Openings and endings: in Japanese or in you language?

page 4 of 15 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Next » 341 total items

I usually always watch Animes in Japanese with English subs, even if english audio is available, as the original is usually better.

That said Onegai Teacher and Ghost in the Shell have really good english audio, so I use that as it makes it a lot easier to watch without subs.

In Hong Kong, the opening and endings are translated for TV most of the time, but on the DVD or VCD release they'd have the japanese open/end-ings. Ireland is very behind USA so everything on TV is translated and are the US versions. Then there's Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, but I dont have that. I wonder if they are fully translated and censored?

Of course, I like the original soundtracks more.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

The french song translations here are CREEEEEPY...... Ugh..... Happily now they're starting to leave'em alone and just sub'em. Good. The translations are just wrong... ew.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

kumiho

kumiho

every artist was 1st an amateur

In Japanese...well i prefer it with english translation, so Japanese with English, but not dubbed in English cause i don't really like the voice >.<

Signature
"pictures are beautiful, they can entrap beauty forever"

elsenrail

hmmm.... i must say..

Just in japanese thank you very much. I just don't think that the music mixed with english voices don't mix. Even more so if the language is from the philippines where I come from. Tagalog voice actors are bad enough. At least the music is still in it's original.

merged: 03-25-2006 ~ 07:54pm
And to think of the anime opening in tagalog....................................(...) realllllyyyyyyy makes me shudder.

Signature

Not for me, but always for somebody else .....

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

I japanese :D
I hate it when they dub Ops and EDs :P

Signature Image

Its great to know the meaning to the song. But what the language it may be translated to, the original should be the best. But sometimes other lanugage may also sound even better. I heard the ending song for Fantastic Children in some other language, but not sure, it sounds great as the original. Original is Original.

Japanese all the way, I'd hate to have translated themes, it would sound all out of time.

NightAngel

A dream box

In here they are translated, but I personally enjoy the original's the best. Still, it's a change and sometimes it does come out nicely. It all depends on who sings it.

Face your fears, Live your dreams
Hana-Kimi-Love

Apart from perhaps one or two, I've always looked down on the English Intros / Endings of anime shows.

What I like about the Japanese intros and endings is that whilst the lyrics of the song do relate to the show and its content, it doesn't directly tell you the show's name or anything about its characters or storyline like the English ones. Therefore, they are normal songs rather than theme-songs and I can listen to them in normal circumstances.

Rinslet

Rinslet

Yorozuya

Original are always the best for me, but some songs are quite good in other language =)

Japanese. Here the openings and endings are always translated and they sucks. Is always some woman with an irritating voice, killing the music and they never change. Serious. If you aver heard the brazillian version of the Sailor Moon first opening you woul freaks out when some anime comes to you country too.

well i m chinese...

Some of the songs for anime translated into chinese

and always cauz the fight between fans....

in my opinion, i prefer the original of course.....

But i ve got a number of the openning songs for sailor moon in 10 different language i think, that's really funny thing///////.

And ,my friend sent my the opening song for Cardcaptor Sakura,English Version....

GOd ,that's terrible-_-llllllllll

Most of the time in Japanese, I mean most of the DVDs I buy didn't change the intro/ending songs to english, but simply subbed them regardless of whether the show is subbed or dubbed, and its probably better that way.

Though I have to admit after getting the lyrics for the first season japanes song for Pokemon, I understand why they changed it for the english release and plus the Billy Crawford remix rocks. They do this for most of the 'kids' shows (I say kids shows because they are aired before school and have segments between shows that only a kid could possible watch, plus they have Ninja Turtles action figures and stuff for competition prizes) liek Dragonball Z, One Piece (awful song), because I doub't they'd be to tolerant of Japanese songs.

The translations in the UK have a serious problem. They are horrible and you can tell they weren't thought through. I don't understand why they can't use the japanese endings and openings... They are way better. So yeah, I prefer the japanese way more ^_^

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

Definatly Japenese...i alwyas love the songs and how interesting they are...Lol...i even put some of the songs from the opening and ending anime on my ipod!

Dream24

Dream24

~*Eternal Dream*~

I prefer to have the themese in Japanese because their songs are just so awesome and much better compared to the translated music. But it sometimes depends on how much they change the songs.

ohhhhhh! mi god, please, the openings in japanese, logic brother!

RieRen

RieRen

Jealousy's The Cousin of Greed

In my country it sometimes does the opening in japanese and some are in my language. Like, one episode has a japanese opening/ending then the next has it in my language. Its weird.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

well uhhh... japanese is better

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Well I'm 100% against dubs so it includes the OP and ED songs to animes as well ^_^ they just don't sound right in english and sometimes they aren't even the same song at all >_> (to this day I still can't figure out if I should consider it a bad thing or a good thing) You generally don't get the same feeling from a translated or different song for an anime.

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

So... everybody usually prefer the original Japanese endings and openings!

Ohh....Yes ...most of the series in germany. But when they translate they change the the music genra too...like yu-gi-oh they translated it into something like hip hop....and this is bad....So when OPs & EDs then let me hear the japanese version plz...

The opening and ending songs are in their original.. Anyway, Id rather have it in that way than translate it.. it would be weird if they started to translate it in our language.. X-O

page 4 of 15 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Next » 341 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.