Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 DVD Troubleshooting - Minitokyo

DVD Troubleshooting

page 1 of 1 11 total items

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Lately I have been having considerable trouble with my DVD burner which is a Pioneer A109, the software is Ahead Nero 6 Ultra Edition v6.0.0.11 and the OS is WindowsXP SP1 ver 5.1.

During the last week I have been constantly aggravated by the line Invalid Field Command which only seems to appear as the DVD burn hits 100% and attempts to lead out. I have tried two different types of DVD+R Media and DVD-RW with the same result. The drive is only just a year old and diagnostics show that while it has some wear it is not serious at this time. I have had a week of troubleshooting and I am no closer to solving the problem. Can anyone help me with this problem?

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

maybe you should try updating your Nero! downloading updates, plugins, and such!
you should also think of updating your Windows XP to SP2, this also helps in alot of security, debugging...etc issues ;)

i'm sure that your DVD Burner also has a driver of some sort! reinstall that from the Hardware Device Manager from your "My Computer" Properties!

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

bad discs? or burner has had it :D... hehe I like look and feel on Nero 7, but many don't so yeah stick with what you prefer..Did you do a search on google?

Also make sure you keep firmware up to date going to www.pioneeraus.com.au and make sure you only use one for your make & Model.

http://www.pioneer.com.au/computer/firmware.html

These people talk a little about it... but yeah maybe its just the drive :S
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/209860

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Wow that was a great thread Marcus, really helpful. It's has raised so many question, which might have a chance of being answered. The universal answer might be as simple as buying a different DVD drive.

Perhaps you should try just deleting nero and install a fresh version of 7 I supplied to you on one of the discs.. hehe see if it helps ;)

Unless you're really strapped for cash, you could just buy a new DVD burner. You can get OEM ones for really really cheap nowadays.

Signature Image

If you have another PC, then take the drive out
and connect it to the other PC and test it out to see if it's actually the drive
itself that is not good, or it's your OS that's corrupted.

But before you open up the case and touch any parts, make sure your turn off
the PC, unplug the powercord and properly ground yourself.

BTW: OEM parts are cheaper, but manufactures will not give support and/or
no/reduce warranty, plus some don't even have software and other accessories.

Signature

Yea, but buying OEM when you already have DVD burning software is OK, since there's no software required for a DVD burner. The additional parts is only required if you're not replacing a drive, otherwise, all you need is basically right there.

Signature Image

tidus123456

tidus123456

The Venger

You have to see the ASPI Driver , if it'sn't installed , the burning procedeed nevertheless but ,not very well . To see if that is installed you go in nero folder name (in the start menu>all Programs>Nero>Nero Toolkit>Nero Info Tool)
Click in nero info tool , and let it analyse your system , after that go in the mitre "aspi" , if its'nt installed , quote this mess , and i will send you the aspi installation files . ;)

even if the problem is solved, checks nevertheless, because it is very
handicapping

Quote by someweirdguyYea, but buying OEM when you already have DVD burning software is OK, since there's no software required for a DVD burner. The additional parts is only required if you're not replacing a drive, otherwise, all you need is basically right there.

Yes getting a OEM drive is cheapear since you already have the software, but
some DVD burners the software that come with it can only work on the drive its bundle with. And will not work on any other burners.

The Nero software that is bundle with the Sony DVD writer only works with
the Sony drive it's bundle with. All other burners will not work on the Nero program that is made for the Sony drive.

Why do I know?
Because I got this issue when I got a second DVD writer.
Sony's Nero does not let me use the new drive and so I
was force to get Nero 7 UE.

Signature

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

I think I solved some of the problems, I installed Nero 6.6 and it now burns at 16x (I could only burn at 4x before). However I found it won't burn at all CD or DVD in Nero Express only in Burning ROM. But I can live with that. But I will check about the ASPI Driver as I have seen the term while troubleshooting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.