Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Would You Do? - Minitokyo

What Would You Do?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

my father...who is currently had a restraining order put against him. left me a birthday card that my mom found when she was changing the locks in the house he lives in. he knew they would go over there so he left my card there.

This is what it said:

How to make a beautiful life
reflections for a daughter on her birthday

Love yourself. Make peace with who you are at this moment in time.

Listen to you heart. If you cant hear what its saying in this noisy world.

Make time for yourself. Enjoy your own company. Let your mind wander among the stars.

Try. Take chances. Make Mistakes. Life can be messy and confusing at times, but its also full of suprises.

The next rock in your path may be a stepping stone.

Be happy, when you dont have what you want, want what you have.

Make do. That's a well-kept secret of contentment.

There arent any shortcuts to tomorrow. You have to make your own way.

To know where you're going is only part of it.

You need to know where you've been too. And if you ever get lost, dont worry.

The people you love will find you. Count on it.

Life isnt days and years. Its what you do with time and with all the goodness and grace thats inside you.

Make a beautiful life.. the kind of life you deserve.

No matter what happens, no matter where i go, I will always love you I mean it.
No matter how you feel... have a wonderful day.

Love you,
Daddy."

I'm dying on the inside..because he wrote this to me...for my 14th birthday. since he knows he will no longer be a part of my family that is close.

I am crying...rivers are flowing from my eyes right now. wouldn't you cry too if you got this fomr your dad you'll probably never see again?

I dont know what to do...Do you guys know what i should do?

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

FloralFallal

FloralFallal

Lover of shirtless anime men

It is sad when parents get a divorce and start running their own agendas. This restraining order sounds a little harsh to me of course I don't know the circumstances. If your dad was abusive then that would be a good reason to have the restraining order. If your dad wasn't abusive I would sit down and have a conversation with her and say that you still want a relationship with your dad and you don't want to be made to feel guilty for wanting that. Because whether she likes it or not he is your father and they should be your co-allies. Their relationship needs to change and maybe some individual counseling will help them get to the point where they can support each other in putting your interests first. On the other hand if he was abusive the only way I'd feel comfortable in a relationship with a man like that was if a professional and objective person told me it was alright which means he would have to do a lot of work. Well I hope that helps even just a little. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with that when my parents got divorced, he just left us alone.

Signature Image
Thanks again to Tinbad for my avi and sig

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

Write him back on how you feel, it's the least you can do.

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

at least give a reply, so he'll know you got his card and was touched by it *cries* its so beautiful

Love it is rather short sighted to think that he will never be in your life again. As a child you have no choice but to go along with the rules and restrictions that your elders put in front of you but once you are older an adult yourself the choice to allow him into your life will be yours and no one else’s. Keep the card handy and always with you for all things good and bad happen for a reason...you are being tested after all. Will you have the strength to survive this? I think you will. ;)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

write him back...my ma n dad are broken up as well i know it's hard..

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

S-a-c-h-i-e-l

I'd say get your parents back together and work it out, but parents that are divorced seemingly rarely notice how much pain the child is going through. I've seen it happen with people I know; The parents fight all the time, end up hardly noticing the kids, the kids either get really sad and depressed or end up druggies, and nothing good comes out of it. The absolute best thing would be to work out the problems with your parents; Find out why your mom hates your dad, find out why your dad hates your mom, have them work it out and get a second chance. Remember, "Till death do us part." It's not "Till a while do we part." Make them realize that.

Delgados

God is the creation of man.

Its sad but if u know his email then communicate through that.
U may feel the need to see him but keep in mind the restraining order. Not because he's dangerous but because he may get in legal problems if he is seen nere u.
x_x

In truth we search for euphoria.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.