Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Layla (Kaleido Star) - Wallpaper - Minitokyo

Layla (Kaleido Star) - Wallpaper

page 1 of 1 11 total items

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

OKey dokey ive finally gotten into the mood of wallpapering again and unfortunately im stuck for ideas

i want to have a pretty decent wallpaper but i dont know how to go about it, so maybe some tutorials or something to work with

or maybe some input for ideas as to what i can have in the background and maybe other scans to use?

anyway for those that dont know Kaleido Star its basically a circus/acrobatic type anime and the character here, Layla, is one of their top performers

at the moment ive just got layla to the right and a blank background so i have something to work with

here is the wallpaper itself interms of how it looks atthe moment

Layla Wallpaper (Blank Background)

Signature Image

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Suggestion: Maybe have her spotlighted and getting ready to step onto a tight rope with the circus and audience in the back ground. OR create a promotional wallpaper for one the series shows or a completely fabricated one (with layla as the star and the remaining cast acting in the background.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

hm, basically the same things i said on irc, but =P

i think the person above gave a pretty accurate description of what i'd have in mind. spotlight would definitely be an awesome effect and having her step out onto a tightrope.

or what else i had in mind was that you could have a guy on the left side bowing to her and have the background set in a golden castle xD [like the taj mahal, preferably :3 would be pretty cool] but that'd be rather difficult, huh? ^^;;

hehe, whatever ideas and whatever setting. as long as it matches and seems to incorporate her into the background, i think, would be fine. best of luck and i look forward to when i get to comment the actual wall ^.~

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Quote: OR create a promotional wallpaper for one the series shows or a completely fabricated one (with layla as the star and the remaining cast acting in the background.

:o I like that suggestion. Perhaps you should check out this wall at animepaper.net >> One With The Freaks.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

i like the dirst one. beautiful scan or whatver though... very nice..

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

ok i have some idea of what i want it to look like

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/speedfreek20/Wallpapers/laylastars.jpg

i am in the process of doing a better starfield but the general idea is there

also what do you guys think of layla being that colour? or should i have her in normal colours

Signature Image

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I'd say keep the colors but the starry background is a good start. the outfit suggests priate princess or arabian nights so you might want to think about those themes

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

I think the wall would be more eye-catching if you keep the colors. & since you're doing a star field, why not try a planet or 2? It would anchor the image more.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

that's an idea, i'll look for a tute on making a planet :D

also any ideas to have anything as the "Ground" or just leave it as is?

Signature Image

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Frankly, I don't know if it is such a good idea to use that as the background.... From what I know, the character and the background must link in theme for a good art piece.

Your character gives me an Arabic impression; from her attire, so it would be advisable to use an Arabic themed background...

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Isn't Kaleido Star a circus? I think a desert sunset image faded in the background and then lights around her (like the lights in the tent and flashes from cameras). I like the idea of a planet! My idea: starry sky, faded desert sunset, big moon on the horizon, maybe the flashes...her outfit is so dramatic that I can't stop thinking of ideas.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.