Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mecha Games - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Ryggim

Ryggim

Darkness to Oblivion

Right, I'm a real fanatic when it comes to mecha games. Let's talk about mechas and why you like or dislike them. Let me start off

Armored Core- it's a mecha game in the PS and PS2. One thing that interested me in buying this game is that you can make your own set up for your mecha. There are a lot of options to choose from and I still haven't unlocked them all. I'm playing Armored Core 3 Silent line and I'm trying to complete all parts. Of course I've played Nexus and the installments of the game. There are a lot of missions to complete too, it will make you busy for quite a while. Some missions are hard to accomplish and will require some skill. There is also an arena where you can go one on one with the game's different AIs. And another reason i liked this game is that you can strengthen your own AI, which takes a lot of time.

The downside of this game is that you'll need an above average skill level in controlling your AC and some players tend to give up rather than get used to the controls. It's quite difficult to master the controls for it requires full use of almost all your fingers. It's still difficult even if you are skilled but fun. Another thing is that once you memorize the moves of the AI, they are easy to beat.

Zone of the Enders and ZOE second runner- If you want a fast paced mecha game this is the game for you. The action is high speed, heck I believe this one of the most exciting mecha games because of the pace in the game. Most of the time it will leave you hanging in the edge of your seat. There are a variety of weaponry to choose from too. High speed action is the name of this game. There is a two player mode and an extra mission mode where you can try out different modes of the game.

The downside is that the game is pretty short, you can probably finish it in less than 50 hours maybe less. And maybe the lame name of the second protagonist of the game...Dingo But it is an exciting game to play.

Xeno Gears- yeah the one in the PS1 in the later part of the game you can customize different gears used by the characters in the game. You can change almost anything and there's an adequate selection of weapons.

Gundam Games- Yeah, I've played a few...specifically the Battle Assault games and some of the Gundam strategy games the latest one I've played is Gundam Seed. There's nothing really special about it but it's a nice game to play, but it's gets frustrating at one point because of the conditions you need to complete. I particularly like the Battle Assault 2 because most of my favorite gundams are there...one mobile suit, Wing Zero Custom nuff said.

Super Robot Wars- I for one hasn't played this..but I see my friends play it and it's really good if you look at it. Even if it's only in Japanese it's still an interesting game. Mostly a strategy game it will make you think of complex and not so complex strategies to beat the enemies. The only thing that bothers me is the very long time duration of a single mission, one mission would most likely take 3-4 hours to finish. If you're a real fanatic of this game...you sure got guts.

So what mecha games do you know? Post them here and let's dicuss them for fun.

"A journey of a thousand miles start with a single step"

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Robotech: Battlecry..... it has difficult missions to play.... ^_^' whew..... the controls are ok but the weapons are only few.... :(

I like Gundam: Encounters in Space...... the controls are superb.... :D it's really cool even though all the battles are only in space..... just like in anime, the weapons are beam sabers, beam rifles & vulcans...... :)

You can also train & customize your own pilot...
by completing all missions & objectives, you can purchase Pilot's Ability (Newtype LV1, LV2, LV3, etc....) You can also upgrade your own Pilot's Accuracy, Evade rate, shooting.... :D

Super Robot Wars Alpha is one of my fav.... this game requires a lot of strategy & skill.... It's hard for me to explain all of these.... it's so rich in detail..... XD

I've played a few mecha games myself.

Xenogears/Xenosaga: My favourite RPG series. There was so much that initially drew me to this series. At first though I couldn't get into gears, then BAM, I was hooked, hardcore. To this day it has to be one of my favourite PS1 games. The saga series is also not too shabby.

Zone of the Enders 1 and 2: Beautiful games, played like a dream. I played the living daylights out of the second one. Although I was a little disappointed with the first games rather abrupt ending. But man oh man was that a sleek and well done game series. I wouldn't mind seeing another couple installments, if only they could make them longer.

Armored Core 2: one of the first games I got with the PS2. It was a pretty good mech title, but for some reason I still found a lot lacking from it. Maybe it just wasn't in my vien of true enjoyment.

played all above... although i am more of an AC player... mainly cause I cannot live without playing that game for at least an hour... XD customization ish me hobby rofl :D

HB13

HB13

Kaiten Kensai

Mechwarrior 4 Series: Vengeance, Black Knight, & Mercenaries - Sure these "mechs" aren't the dextrous and agile mechs you see in many other games, but learning how to drive/aim a rotating tank of a biped while getting your aim jostled, and keeping your soft spots protected is hard.

"The Way of the Warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between live and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved."
-Yamamoto Tsunenori, Ha Gakure (Hidden Leaves)

Darowin

Darowin

Oogly Boogly

there is a ps2 game (or is it a XBox game not sure) there has a mech attachment on it...

It is basically a consol by its self (consol here mean a mech consol)...

It has 50 workable buttons..
2 joysticks for movement controls...
netware...

Everything you will every need for a mech...

But it is really expensive

Ryggim

Ryggim

Darkness to Oblivion

I've heard of battle cry and I decided to buy one, but during the time I was buying it, the stores were already out of stock...I guess they discard some of the older games to make room for the new ones. *SIGH* I still feel guilty on not buying the game earlier.

The Gundam Encounters in space..yeah I have it too, I forgot to mention it. An adequate number of mobile suits and the character customization is nice.

In AC, Yeah I know how you feel, when you think you already have the perfect set up for an AC, you go back to the garrage hoping to make it better. In the Silent Line the OP Intensify let's you use siege weapons without having to siege yourself. I have an above average set up for an AC patterned after Genobee's AC in Nexus...well I only have one Grenade Launcher...O____O Grenade? Hehehe

Zone of the Enders is the fastest Mecha game I've played so far. Every battle is intense I really love it. What's more you can use Anubis in the vs mode.

Super Robot Wars...I just love the one where the Wing Zero custom is one of the playable characters He's so cool! I think the Gundam Seed Mobile suits are there too. Who cares? As long as Wing Zero is there I'm happy.

I guess if I find the other titles menioned I'll try them myself.

"A journey of a thousand miles start with a single step"

Gundam : Char's Counterattack is by far, the greatest.

Quote by Darowinthere is a ps2 game (or is it a XBox game not sure) there has a mech attachment on it...

netware...

That was for the XBOX. For which game, I forget...

Quote by nght5tlkrGundam : Char's Counterattack is by far, the greatest.

Quote by Darowinthere is a ps2 game (or is it a XBox game not sure) there has a mech attachment on it...

netware...

That was for the XBOX. For which game, I forget...

Steel Battalion.....

I remember that one,the first game came in one edition only,the one that cost 200$ Including the bigass controller,the package was a f***in' Treasure chest

the 2nd game which featured Live support came in two editions,one with the controller and one without it (you still need that huge thing to play though)

At an videogame gallery (Called "Game-On") that was a year ago here they brought a copy of it with the Controller,i played for 1.5 hours and didn't get the hang of it.

Other than that when it comes to Mecha Games i'm all up for Gundam

Also,be sure to check out "Lost Planet" also by Capcom,it's going to feature a few mechs

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

I'm still hoping they release the 5th installment of the Front Mission series. Until recently, Front Mission has been a combination of mecha warfare and turn-based-strategy. The 4th installment is a must buy in you're interested. In FM4, the year is 2080, and the robotic wanzers (pronounced vanzers) have become the mainstay weapons in warfare. You take control of two different characters at times in the story: a new french recruit to a wanzer testing group in Europe, and a lazy soldier in the middle of Venezuela's rebellion in the U.C.S. (U.S. plus South America). As you play through the game, you gain access to new wanzers, parts, and weapons, and can fully customize each unit in your teams.

The 5th installment was announced as more of a real-time strategy/RPG where you control your own wanzer into combat in real-time. I'm hoping that there will be a North American as it looks interesting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.